Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

Unbelievable. This is a testament to how poorly the program has been run in the last 25 years. What a dumpster fire.
All we do is rebuild after rebuilt. It gets very hard to keep being patient. Romeo could easily committ to vandy at anytime. I don't like our chances.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Deep down I was really hoping I was wrong when I said those 2 were an unofficial package deal awhile back and now Romeo to Vandy is gonna pick up some steam. I have been worried this was gonna happen, but it is FAR from over. Btw Romeo will not come out and say he wants to play with DG unless he committed. It would give up where he was going obviously. I still think IU has a shot but it's hard to be confident now. Yesterday gave me some confidence but family is gonna tell me and others what they wanna hear. I really hope Archie can get this team to at least show some signs of competing next year.

Like I noted in the other thread, my gut is telling me. 

Vandy

Kansas

Indiana

I'm no insider, maybe have known some things about the players while I was a student. But I've heard from someone I trust that's it's more than a basketball decision to Romeo. Again, not here to set off alarms or say he's not coming here. From my gut and from somebody who may or not be in the know, I think we're striking out here boys. 

1 minute ago, Hoosier Guy said:

I’m not even confident anymore. I’m getting so tired of IU failing. I might just take a break from here

Yeaaaah, I'm done getting my hopes up. Obviously will still cover his recruitment, but probably gonna take more of a fan route on this one so I don't get too invested.

Deep down I was really hoping I was wrong when I said those 2 were an unofficial package deal awhile back and now Romeo to Vandy is gonna pick up some steam. I have been worried this was gonna happen, but it is FAR from over. Btw Romeo will not come out and say he wants to play with DG unless he committed. It would give up where he was going obviously. I still think IU has a shot but it's hard to be confident now. Yesterday gave me some confidence but family is gonna tell me and others what they wanna hear. I really hope Archie can get this team to at least show some signs of competing next year.
So you were still hearing garland to iu yesterday? It's amazing there is a very strong chance we will lose an Indiana legend to vandy. It's mind boggling actually.

I was always thinking that adding Darius and Romeo was icing on the cake but was always thinking 2019 class is going to be the start of a big haul. Sure I had my hopes up but I kept reminding myself of when Archie got here. Heck I was at a New Albany game when Bryce was their watching before Archie was ever hired. I do think IU can still make a big push to keep Romeo but if not we will be fine. We got the right guy at the helm.

1 minute ago, Treesh said:

Like I noted in the other thread, my gut is telling me. 

Vandy

Kansas

Indiana

I'm no insider, maybe have known some things about the players while I was a student. But I've heard from someone I trust that's it's more than a basketball decision to Romeo. Again, not here to set off alarms or say he's not coming here. From my gut and from somebody who may or not be in the know, I think we're striking out here boys. 

No worries man. I said awhile ago I truly believe they play together and that hasn't changed. Good news is I knew for a fact that there was a better chance of Romeo making his own decision than Garland. We just don't have the team to make IU desirable right now. Class of '19 will be Archie's shot to turn the tide. 

Yeaaaah, I'm done getting my hopes up. Obviously will still cover his recruitment, but probably gonna take more of a fan route on this one so I don't get too invested.
Im with you. Tired of the let downs so i guess i will take the more of it will be a very pleasant surprise if romeo picks iu. If he's picking vandy I hope he just gets it over with now.

No worries man. I said awhile ago I truly believe they play together and that hasn't changed. Good news is I knew for a fact that there was a better chance of Romeo making his own decision than Garland. We just don't have the team to make IU desirable right now. Class of '19 will be Archie's shot to turn the tide. 
Vandy does not have that team either but I guess the package deal is what will seal it for Romeo

3 minutes ago, Bailey7878 said:

So you were still hearing garland to iu yesterday? It's amazing there is a very strong chance we will lose an Indiana legend to vandy. It's mind boggling actually.

I was hearing Garland to IU this morning lol. I had seen what others were saying so I did lose confidence, but I believed Romeo and Darius wanted to play together and IU was the best shot at that. Darius had his home school but only for the last cpl years. I figured Romeo being a Indiana kid his whole life would matter more in their decision. I really hope I'm wrong though.

Still saying it won't be Vandy. I've been on this crusade about Lanford a long time. Still say he is ours to lose. If the family is truly looking to his future, then Kansas would be the only other way to go. Romeo has repping adidas far to long. If truly a OAD, there is more adidas money for him then Nike. Too many other big time OAD's expected to take a chunk of the Nike cash when drafted. Plus, closer for family, in state status, good young players with mix of experience that will be better than anything Vandy puts on the floor. Sticking with my gut! ROOAAAR!

Sent from my SM-G930P using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, Bailey7878 said:

Vandy does not have that team either but I guess the package deal is what will seal it for Romeo

That is why I didn't really think winning a title was as big of a deal to him as he has made it out. 2 of his 3 schools probably don't have a shot next year though Vandy is definitely a tourney team next year with all 3. I would take a junior Davis over Shittu though. Shittu more of an NBA prospect but Davis will be trouble next year. At this point though nothing will surprise me. 

I’m done. Guys take care

C'mon dude....these types of things happen in recruitments. It's not your fault and I don't think anybody thinks it's your fault. Look positively like you always do. Like I said, the world needs eternal optimism and so does this board

Sent from my LG-H900 using BtownBanners mobile app

I was hearing Garland to IU this morning lol. I had seen what others were saying so I did lose confidence, but I believed Romeo and Darius wanted to play together and IU was the best shot at that. Darius had his home school but only for the last cpl years. I figured Romeo being a Indiana kid his whole life would matter more in their decision. I really hope I'm wrong though.
Garland also lived in Indiana until 7th grade so yeah I thought the iu pull for both would be greater. Clearly being at a bball school does not seem to be that important to them.