Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

32 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Didn’t bother Wilkes, Harris, Irvin, Guy when they played their senior year of high school basketball in front of IU fans. I personally watch some of their high school games while they were committed to different schools and don’t recall being booed for picking a different school

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Gary Harris had a cpl. Nothing remotely serious or worth getting upset over. People reading into him waiting are reaching. IMO it is a very smart play. If he really wanted to go to IU this only helps our case. Roy and Self have enough to show him and even Bryce at Vandy. Archie is the only new coach that is gonna be on his list. His reasoning makes sense to me and if Archie shows enough this year I believe he is ours period.

42 minutes ago, Skidmarks said:

I'm just trying to put myself in his shoes. I wouldn't want to play in front of Indiana fans all year with them knowing I was going to another college. Especially, if it were UNC. I don't know where he is going..just my thoughts

Sent from my Nexus 5X using BtownBanners mobile app

Weve watched kids leave the state for 20 years. Wont have any impact on the decision.

Romeo will cut to 3 on Saturday. From here on out Tim Langford will limit access from coaches to Romeo. Other than that nothing new. 
Hearing IU, Vandy are definitely in the top 3. Battle for 3rd spot isn't just KU and UNC. UCLA has outside shot as well. 

I've been hearing IU and Vandy too. I'm guessing UNC gets the final spot.

Romeo will cut to 3 on Saturday. From here on out Tim Langford will limit access from coaches to Romeo. Other than that nothing new. 
Hearing IU, Vandy are definitely in the top 3. Battle for 3rd spot isn't just KU and UNC. UCLA has outside shot as well. 
Hmmm vandy? Unless garland is going to vandy not sure why he would list them. Weird.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I totally understand wanting to get an eye on Archie.  But any future recruits hopefully realize that Archie is a coach most "Blue Bloods" would have reached out to if they had a coaching vacancy.  That in itself says a lot about the coach we have been lucky enough to land and call OURS!  He's a winner man, period!

Sir, I beg to differ. It's still pro IU with Louisbille and UK svatteted in.

Sent from my SM-G930P using BtownBanners mobile app

I agree with this. Most of the crowd seems to be over the age of 50. Lots of them are season ticket holders that have held their tickets for decades. I would guess the majority of the older crowd there are IU fans.

Sir, I beg to differ. It's still pro IU with Louisbille and UK svatteted in.

Sent from my SM-G930P using BtownBanners mobile app

I don't doubt IU fans feel that way. Louisville fans feel the same towards IU being an outsider down there. I am guessing it won't be as close soon with what they are going to go through so it's really splitting hairs.

1 hour ago, Bailey7878 said:

Hmmm vandy? Unless garland is going to vandy not sure why he would list them. Weird.

There's a decent chance he ends up there especially if they land Garland and Sittu which is looking likely.  That's why it's critical that we have a good year if we miss on Garland.  

Edited by dbmhoosier

There's a decent chance he ends up there especially if they land Garland and Sittu which is looking likely.  That's why it's critical that we have a good year if we miss on Garland.  
Boy your really banging this vandy will land 3 top 15 players drum. You do realize for a non bball school that would be one of the biggest recruiting hauls of all time. You've really convinced yourself of this.

1 minute ago, Bailey7878 said:

Boy your really banging this vandy will land 3 top 15 players drum. You do realize for a non bball school that would be one of the biggest recruiting hauls of all time. You've really convinced yourself of this.

They've essentially got 2 of them in the bag already.  Nashville is almost as close to New Albany as Bloomington.  Drew is a good coach as well.  Also, as I've said before Garland is alpha of these 2.  If they're a package deal it will likely be him calling the shots.  Much like the Oden/Conley recruitment.