Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

I graduated New Albany High school back in 2002 and it was much the case then. I grew up in New Albany and live here. Indiana fans are different here. We are mostly a Louisville market and out local news is Louisville based. There are a disgusting number of U of L and Cat fans. A lot of IU fans are more fair weather and the most tend to be the older ones who can remember when IU is revelant. This makes a big difference to younger kids and when most of local news coverage is UK and UL it's not shocking a lot of kids root for them. Heck go to a local store here you will find far more UK and UL stuff. I don't know if it's because IU markets itself poorly or store don't want it but that's the reality. I believe we get Romeo but it's only because of Archie and what he's selling.

Sent from my SM-G935T using BtownBanners mobile app

Ha Ha,You type faster than me.I should have just paste and copied your post!

Sent from my LGL41C using BtownBanners mobile app

5 minutes ago, Woodson1980 said:

Living in the Louisville market UL and KY dominate the media and the retail in this region.Its hard to find IU apparel until you get up the road a bit.
When Knight's team's were at the top of the heap they had no choice but to talk about us but that was a long time ago.20 years of irrelevance changed that.
Langford choosing us, along with winning would go a long way with changing the millenials view of us.

I live in Harrison County and work in Louisville, I'm just glad that we occasionally get mentioned on WDRB and at least they have an IU section in the sports page on their website.

I got into a email war with Cowghill at WLKY regarding his lack of coverage of IU.  He always responded with "sorry, ran out of time"  after hearing this several times I finally emailed him back and said "sorry, ran out of patience.......won't be watching WLKY local news anymore.  They actually cover Western Kentucky sports more than they do IU.

I live in Harrison County and work in Louisville, I'm just glad that we occasionally get mentioned on WDRB and at least they have an IU section in the sports page on their website.

I'm originally from Harrison Co.It's not near as bad as Floyd and Clark but getting worse with it being a bedroom comunity for Louisville.Thats why I'm officially a bug eater now.

1 minute ago, Woodson1980 said:

I'm originally from Harrison Co.It's not near as bad as Floyd and Clark but getting worse with it being a bedroom comunity for Louisville.Thats why I'm officially a bug eater now.

The ol' crawford county bug eaters, lol. I live just south of Ramsey, used to work for Davis Crushed Stone, so I am very familiar with Crawford County, even dated a crawford county girl in high school.

Archie being 39 and playing pg for a power 5 really helps him relate to these kids. I have heaed glowing reviews on workouts he has helped kids with. Jalen Carey mentioned that he loved the ideas he gave to him even after we kinda lost interest. Also his big bro and Cal endorsing him has helped out a lot too. As much as I hate Cal he has helped Archie gain grounding. Some actually said he told Romeo if he don't go to UK he should let Archie coach him. Still hate the guy though. We got a good one and he will only make more of a name for himself when he wins and wins often and starts getting these 5 star kids. We made the right choice.

You guys act shocked that most of New Albany is Louisville fans lol. The Yum center is 10 minutes from NA high school..... what do you expect. Indiana University is nearly 2 hours. Yes it’s in the state but that just makes logical sense in my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

1 hour ago, reconmkd said:

The ol' crawford county bug eaters, lol. I live just south of Ramsey, used to work for Davis Crushed Stone, so I am very familiar with Crawford County, even dated a crawford county girl in high school.

Did she chew?

5 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Respect?

They still want to make the top 3 even if they have no shot. Whoever is 3rd Vandy or KU really doesn't have a shot for Romeo but it's still nice to be one of the finalists.