Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

When StuHoo gives us the nod at a potential title team, that means it is serious lol. I agree that we likely need both kids to do so. Getting one will be awesome, but until this season plays out I will be patient in saying if we could compete for one or not with Romeo or Darius but not both. Lucky for us, getting both looks very possible.

4 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Sure, that would cinch it. But that's more than we would need.

If Romeo and Darius commit, AND (here's the key) Archie's system is effective to the point that it could produce a champion, we would have more than a few players with either the experience or the talent necessary to be rotation players on a team that has enough to win a championship:

1. DeRon
  2. Juwan
  3. Romeo
  4. Darius
  5. DeVonte
  6. Clifton
  7. Jerome
  8. Justin

That's a rough guess of eight, and doesn't include the possibility that a guy like CuJo, Race, Damezi, etc breaks out into a serious option. One senior, two juniors, two sophomores, and three freshmen.

Pure speculation, of course, but it seems like that group would have enough IF things clicked.

Stuhoo, get out of my head.  I had just typed up almost the exact same thing, except I left Justin off the list, making a top 7.  Same sentiments, otherwise.  Maybe a little young.  Someone may break out, someone else will have to, erm, be elsewhere.  

1 minute ago, Stromboli said:

Stuhoo, get out of my head.  I had just typed up almost the exact same thing, except I left Justin off the list, making a top 7.  Same sentiments, otherwise.  Maybe a little young.  Someone may break out, someone else will have to, erm, be elsewhere.  

Image result for in my head

Sure, that would cinch it. But that's more than we would need.
If Romeo and Darius commit, AND (here's the key) Archie's system is effective to the point that it could produce a champion, we would have more than a few players with either the experience or the talent necessary to be rotation players on a team that has enough to win a championship:
  1. DeRon
  2. Juwan
  3. Romeo
  4. Darius
  5. DeVonte
  6. Clifton
  7. Jerome
  8. Justin
That's a rough guess of eight, and doesn't include the possibility that a guy like CuJo, Race, Damezi, etc breaks out into a serious option. One senior, two juniors, two sophomores, and three freshmen.
Pure speculation, of course, but it seems like that group would have enough IF things clicked.

We'll need some size, outside of Morgan and Davis, to develop. We'll be talented for sure but also young in the backcourt and on the wing. I could see Green playing that scoring point off the bench. I completely agree about the system. I could see some small ball lineups with Moore at the 4 and Thompson or Morgan defending the post.

Starters:
Garland, Romeo, Smith, Morgan, Davis

Bench rotation:
Green, Jones, Hunter, Moore, Forrester/Thompson

I don't think we'll see a 10 man rotation but all those players could see more than mop up minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

Did McLeod really botch the Irving recruitment? Someone told me that Crean took a call from another recruit during the in-home. I also heard that he took a dump during their in-home. What's the real story behind that? Lol.

It seems that the entire IU staff 'took a dump' during that in-home. Maybe Self and staff did the same with Romeo!

We might all find out if WayneFleek can do a backflip if Romeo AND Garland select Indiana.

Might post video.

The odds-on answer is no he can't.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Whatever orthopedic and soft tissue injuries you might incur from this attempt, just let me know. I'm willing to help out.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app