Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Gotcha and I totally get that for most recruits. But with Romeo he isn't worried about where he is going, he is going wherever he wants to go. 

Alright that makes sense. I'm still banking on HH just knocking it out of the park. I'm very confident as most people here know

2 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

Gregg Doyel just re-iterated with Matt Dennison. What he said was, "Some college coaches are telling him that Romeo is going to Kansas." He wants them to be wrong. I'd sure like to know what coaches are telling him that.

Coach 2?

So Gregg Doyel, sportswriter generalist who occasionally casts his attention on college basketball, has better sources than Jeff Rabjohns, Alex Bozich, Jeff Borzello, Jerry Meyer, and the seven other recruiting writers who picked Indiana for Romeo in the Crystal Ball this past week alone? Color me doubtful.

Jerry Meyer will never pick a player to IU unless it is last minute.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

3 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

I can't recall a recruitment with so many competing views and opinions in some time. Was Zeller's this bad?

It was worse. I had more than one person telling me via PM that he was going to Butler, and the stuff they were giving me was actually believable.

Gregg Doyel just re-iterated with Matt Dennison. What he said was, "Some college coaches are telling him that Romeo is going to Kansas." He wants them to be wrong. I'd sure like to know what coaches are telling him that.

Coaches that will really hate playing IU if he commits to us

I can't recall a recruitment with so many competing views and opinions in some time. Was Zeller's this bad?

Zeller'a was worse. We had a ton of UNC fans on our Scout site daily telling us Zeller was going to UNC along with Butler fans. One fan stood out above all and got into it daily with one of the mods Ken. His name was TrustInRoy. Imagine the biggest homer on steroids from another fan base coming to our board daily for 6 months laying out in detail how Cody was going to UNC. There was everything from flight plans to know who was coming in and going out, to details of each OV. It was like our coaching search but 6 months of it. No joke.

You can choose whether to read the post or not man. Doesn't hurt my feelings one bit. I actually said Vandy was a sleeper for awhile and said KU was a strong possibility before his in home with Self in which he announced he was visiting lol. BTW, even though he has had the same list, IU yes us were not perceived to have much of a shot this time last year, Duke which was one of if not the favorite is no longer in his top schools, UK which many believed playing for Cal with the US team made them a threat isn't seen as an option anymore, Vandy was not a school he wanted to visit until Garland got serious about them and UNC has been very inconsistent with him. Then of course there is U of L. I never said he is switching schools left and right but that the SAME schools that were looked at as not a strong option have became one and then fell off. You can make it to where you don't see someones post btw. Just a heads up man. ;) 

Your right, I don't have to read your posts. But I get such a kick out of who is the flavor of the week. Thats what it has been since just before the Vandy visit. Btw he made mention to taking visits to all of the schools. Some as not official. Had nothing to do with Garland the same weekend. Romeo, I'm sure wouldn't mind playing with Garland, but has been quoted as saying several times that he doesn't have to be a part of any package and that will not be a factor in his choice. But when he was visiting Vandy, you had it as 'watch out for Vandy'! Then Kansas, when Self visited. Then the Heels when it was mentioned that he was going to Late Night w Roy. Not saying that you made these calls, but if it is "your" source, he's mighty wishy washy.

Sent from my SM-G930P using BtownBanners mobile app

I feel like it's safe to say that right now no one has any idea what Romeo is going to ultimately do, including Romeo himself in all likelihood. 

The problem is much like the Zeller recruitment is there are so many people claiming to be insiders. So nobody can believe anything anyone says. There are people with legit info that is getting drowned out by it. Happened in 2010 too. It's ok to not be an insider. People don't understand that. 99.9% aren't and the other .1% don't hear that much. At least as much as being portrayed unless you are in his family or are great friends with the kids or plan the traveling of the coaches.

4 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

The problem is much like the Zeller recruitment is there are so many people claiming to be insiders. So nobody can believe anything anyone says. There are people with legit info that is getting drowned out by it. Happened in 2010 too. It's ok to not be an insider. People don't understand that. 99.9% aren't and the other .1% don't hear that much. At least as much as being portrayed unless you are in his family or are great friends with the kids.

Hoosier Guy saying "I trust my source and thats me" has about as much credibility to me as the people claiming that they're insiders. 

(Not hating on you Hoosier Guy, I love your optimism)

6 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Hoosier Guy saying "I trust my source and thats me" has about as much credibility to me as the people claiming that they're insiders. 

(Not hating on you Hoosier Guy, I love your optimism)

Haha yeah I'm just a lot more positive since IU finally has a coach