Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

8 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Another pick. We now have 8 of the 11 relevant ones

He's a Louisville writer that jumped on last night to quickly reassign three players who each dropped Louisville this past week: Romeo, Anfernee Simons and Courtney Ramey. I assume he's familiar enough with each recruitment to know which schools were also heavily involved, but I see his picks as removing Louisville more so than adding Indiana, Florida or Missouri.

"Romeo originally planned on announcing in the spring time, but that was when he was really into 3 or 4 schools as well as curious about a few more. He set up his visits early to focus on his senior year, which is another reason we could see a announcement in November. When UK and Duke were serious threats he wanted to see who stayed and who went, now he is more concerned with the teams incoming class."

That was a DM I got this morning. I think he may wait till Spring, but I really think if his visits will be done and he doesn't add any then he will announce this winter. I know he wants to get Mr. Basketball and win a State Title so maybe he wants to get it outta the way, which is the main reason I believe he will be a early signee.

"Romeo originally planned on announcing in the spring time, but that was when he was really into 3 or 4 schools as well as curious about a few more. He set up his visits early to focus on his senior year, which is another reason we could see a announcement in November. When UK and Duke were serious threats he wanted to see who stayed and who went, now he is more concerned with the teams incoming class."
That was a DM I got this morning. I think he may wait till Spring, but I really think if his visits will be done and he doesn't add any then he will announce this winter. I know he wants to get Mr. Basketball and win a State Title so maybe he wants to get it outta the way, which is the main reason I believe he will be a early signee.

So do you believe he will be an early sign or spring?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

6 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

"When UK and Duke were serious threats he wanted to see who stayed and who went, now he is more concerned with the teams incoming class."

Assuming this means he wants to see talent joining him, that suggest the recruitment of Darius Garland is extremely important. We have a nice class, but Kansas has two top 40 guys already and is in on several other five-stars. They seem to be the favorite for Quentin Grimes, let's land a five-star PG of our own.

Yeah the players coming in will be important. Does he see our guys as guys who won't offer much in year one and is Garland the key? I believe it is yes to both. I love our chances, but if we got Garland I would almost guarantee we get Romeo. Guys stepping up that will be back next year could really help us too though. Kansas has a good to great class. The incoming transfers make it amazing if they get Grimes. My understanding is some schools have pitched him handling the ball a lot and that has turned him off a little. He wants to be a scorer through and through. Great time to be a Hoosier fan tho. Lots to look forward too.

It was the same source that told me watch out for Vandy before he really even mentioned them and the same guy I shared KU becoming a factor with us and U of L. Of course that was before the FBI thing. I trust him, but Romeo seems to set his sets on a certain school or two and then becomes fond of another. Right when you think it is us or this school another seems to emerge. Kinda like us when it was Duke or U of L. I have thought he commits before 2018 for awhile just always seem to end up questioning it. A lot of big names are announcing early this year unlike most years so that gives me hope lol.