Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

Can't imagine Romeo going to UL now.  He wouldn't even know if Pitino will be his coach or what sanctions will be levied on the school.
Why risk it, especially if you are only going to be in college for a year and have other options.

Yeah no kid is going to Louisville like Romeo right now. Hookers and bribes? I could see them legitimately shutting down the program for one year.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

7 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

You guys may think I'm overstating it, but when the episode is finally settled...my prediction?

Louisville Basketball = SMU Football

if the news is true (which, how can it not be), i think you hit the nail on the head and this should happen

14 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

You guys may think I'm overstating it, but when the episode is finally settled...my prediction?

If it's found out that more schools than just UL are doing this though, would they give them all the death penalty? Or maybe just UL since they were on probation

I love the fact that Slick Rick is in trouble, but at the same time I hate this, because it makes a great sport look ugly.
I don't know that he is in trouble. I could totally see an assistant falling on the sword for him.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, Bailey7878 said:

I don't know that he is in trouble. I could totally see an assistant falling on the sword for him.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

They're not going to fall on the sword with the Feds at the door. 

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

What I would like to see is remove all scholarships and make them use only walk-ons for a couple yrs. Less disruptive to the conference but absolutely guts the program. Throw in a 5 yr post-season ban and make them forfeit all TV & conference revenue shares for a couple yrs too. Worse then the death penalty, imo. Try a pilot program with Louisville, pUKe and UNC to see how it goes.

is a postseason ban redundant if they are forced to play all walk-ons?

If the NCAA does anything, it will be a few scholarships at first and then when they think no one is paying attention, they will undo the punishment.

I love the fact that Slick Rick is in trouble, but at the same time I hate this, because it makes a great sport look ugly.

Sometimes you have to tear it down to build it back up. CBB has been so dirty for so long many didn't know any other way.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Man, I have to feel our chances with Romeo have to be really good now.  Logically, we should be an odds on favorite - if it was a two-way battle between us and UL, I don't see how another school immediately steps into it with the same odds.

Of course, it's never over until it's over and things can change, but you gotta feel cautiously optimistic.