Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

Romeo Langford is good at basketball and your statement is false. We were the 3rd overall number 1 seed that year. Louisville was the number 1 overall and Kansas was 2
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/9063277/2013-ncaa-tournament-louisville-cardinals-named-top-overall-seed

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I saw that after putting my statement but I swore remembering seeing IU shown first in the selection show. The first one shown is the number 1 overall seed. Age must have gotten the best of me.

Sent from my LGLS992 using BtownBanners mobile app

Curious to see how we as a fan base can make it fun for each kid. Also curious to see the new video package. HH needs a good turnout. Of course the kids will have to do the walk across the court to their seats.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

4 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

Why? It is a way to show the recruit the fanbase is aware of them and wants them to play for IU.

So is cheering loudly.  Chants are...eh to me.  I know a few players who thought they were stupid.  Maybe personal opinion, but I don't think they do any more than just cheering for a kid.  I think Romeo is well aware the fan base knows who he is and want him at IU.  A chant won't change that.  I guess I feel like chants vs normal cheering are the same as piped in music vs the pep band.  One seems genuine; the other fabricated and canned.  I also think some of the chants over the years have been really stupid.  "Mi Ike Davis," etc.  My opinion.

14 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

Valid points. But I don't think there is anything we can do to stop thousands of students from yelling out names.

No there's not. But I do think the chants get stale after some time. A recruit just needs to soak in the atmosphere of HH and not worry about thousands chanting his name. Worry about that when you're playing for that school

6 hours ago, LIHoosier said:

To tag on, get rid of those big heads too. The next time I want to see those big heads is in a giant inferno.

Eh, I can deal with the chants but so much of this.  And for the love of all that is good throw that stupid gorilla costume in the inferno.

I wish our student section was better organized. There are so many opportunities to make an even bigger impact. The chants for recruits are a big deal. What does it hurt? Being in the Hall with your name echoing through the rafters...?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

No ones name has been chanted at Hoosier hysteria since 2013. BJ Anya was the last name I remember hearing kids chanting

I remember lots of chants for Gary Harris......Other than that not really anyone else

When Romeo comes to HH his chants will rival Cody Zeller imo. Cody has had the loudest chants at any HH I have been to. I hope the fans don't forget Garland. Should be a fun night.

So answer me this. Would you take Noah Vonleh or BJ Anya knowing what you know now. Anya had weight issues but would he have those at IU?

Vonleh. After following 4 years of Anya in college, he just wasn't as good as his ranking and seemed like he caused more trouble then what he was worth in my opinion. He had weight issues before he got to college and going to a high major D-1 program didn't change that so no reason to say that IU would of changed that. To me that was a good "miss"

Hopefully if they chant Romeo and Darius the students will show the other commitments some love as well maybe not with chants but if they run into them, talk them up