Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

2 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

Romeo takes IU from good to great. It's that simple. Garland is good but Romeo is the much bigger recruit

I agree that Romeo is a better player in a vacuum, but we will have several players that can eat minutes at the 2 while point guard is still a big question. His height makes it more likely that he's a multi-year player so if we land him then we could potentially pitch playing with an elite point guard to Brooks/Hurt/Watford/Jackson-Davis, etc. 

6 minutes ago, MoyeNeeded said:

What the hell is all this talk of who we would rather have? First off it is not OUR choice, it is their's. I want both! If we land both, then someone has to go. I don't have a problem with that. Nature of the game. How many timrs have we been in the position to pick up 2 top 10 players? Exactly!

Sent from my SM-G930P using BtownBanners mobile app

Well yeah it's not our choice, but we all have preferences about what we hope will happen with things out of our control. These are just hypotheticals. I think we'd all prefer both but if we had to choose one then these are the reasons why we'd choose one over the other. 

45 minutes ago, VO5 said:

I really don't agree with this at all. Both are great players. Wanting one of them for two years instead of having the other for one is definitely a legit position to take, especially  when PG is a bigger position of need. 

I get the whole "taking over the state" perspective. I do. But what 5 star is going to come to IU because Romeo did? Most of them are independent decision makers. Romeo will only be here one year, and they won't play with him.

Is there anything you can point to about their play on the court that makes Romeo that much bigger of a get than Garland?

Garland is at IU two years at the most. It's not that big a difference. And Romeo is just outstanding. I've seen this guy play. He's a dawg that takes IU from good to great. He's the sh!t

47 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Romeo is the #5 ranked recruit nationally.
Darius is the #9 ranked recruit nationally.

Both were born and largely raised in Indiana.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

What recruiting site is that? I go by Rivals and Romeo is 6 and Garland is 15. I still think IU gets both but Romeo is the bigger recruit. IU needs to get the best player from the state in almost every class. I don't think that'll be too hard for Archie 

13 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

Garland is at IU two years at the most. It's not that big a difference. And Romeo is just outstanding. I've seen this guy play. He's a dawg that takes IU from good to great. He's the sh!t

I mean, that doesn't really tell me anything about their games and why Romeo is so much better than Garland.

And yes, having an elite point guard for multiple years on your team is a huge difference. Example: Yogi.

Why do you feel the need to creatively curse/profanity filter so much?

What recruiting site is that? I go by Rivals and Romeo is 6 and Garland is 15. I still think IU gets both but Romeo is the bigger recruit. IU needs to get the best player from the state in almost every class. I don't think that'll be too hard for Archie 

Composite rankings. Anything else is cherry-picking the service that best fits a narrative.

2 hours ago, VO5 said:

I mean, that doesn't really tell me anything about their games and why Romeo is so much better than Garland.

And yes, having an elite point guard for multiple years on your team is a huge difference. Example: Yogi.

There's a big difference between four years and two years. If you can't understand that, I can't help ya

2 hours ago, mdn82 said:

2 years instead of 1 is not that big of a difference? Huh? IU with Freshman Zeller was ranked 15-20 once they got ranked. Sophomore Zeller made it so IU started the year at 1. We got a 1 seed. Having a 5* more than one year is a huge deal. Not following the point you are making other than Romeo is good at basketball. Won't debate that, but so is DG. Both are very, very good at basketball and will make the team they choose a lot better.

Well considering Cody regressed his sophomore year, he didn't really help that much

Why do you feel the need to complain so much?

Because kids may come here to read, and shouldn't have to see it? Not too hard to put complete thoughts together without cursing. But, judging by that witty comeback, it's probably too much to ask. Don't you think that, since there's a profanity filter, profanity is not encouraged? Not a prude at all, BTB is a higher standard of boards.

Just now, mamasa said:

Because kids may come here to read, and shouldn't have to see it? Not too hard to put complete thoughts together without cursing. But, judging by that witty comeback, it's probably too much to ask. Don't you think that, since there's a profanity filter, profanity is not encouraged? Not a prude at all, BTB is a higher standard of boards.

That doesn't answer my question as to why you complain so much. But anyway, kids shout profanities all the time. It starts at a young age

Well considering Cody regressed his sophomore year, he didn't really help that much

Well that is one of the more interesting takes that can't be backed up by factual data. But hyperbole has worked well for you so far in this convo.

3 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Well that is one of the more interesting takes that can't be backed up by factual data. But hyperbole has worked well for you so far in this convo.

You're trying to say Cody was as good as a sophomore as a freshman? All you had to do was watch the games and you could tell that was not the case