Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

9 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

It's also very possible that Garland picks Vandy and Romeo picks Louisville. Maybe both want to stay close to home. But I do know that I feel very good about one of them coming to IU.

And, since you posted this in the Romeo thread..............

They aren't necessarily a package deal Rabjohns is right about that, but it is also a lot more of a possibility than led on to believe. They very well may end up on different teams, but there is also a reason Shittu is visiting Vandy and now Romeo is serious about Vandy. Just cause they aren't a package deal doesn't mean they don't wanna play together. I find it weird that after they schedule Vandy and IU visits together and may end up doing so with UK as well, people don't see that. I am confident that is a real chance they play together, but just like some proposed package deals sometimes kids decide to go seperate ways. Romeo loves the idea of playing with Simons whose going to U of L as well so I am not saying they are out just that I believe they are less of a threat than 2 weeks ago, but still a strong threat. 

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I'd still be stoked if we got Garland and not Romeo. Missing both would hurt. Getting both is the dream. If I had to pick one, it's Romeo but not by wide margins.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Yup - a starting lineup of Davis, Morgan Garland, CuJo, and JSmith/CMoore/JHunter is really, really good. Unlimited-ceiling good in fact. 

4 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Yup - a starting lineup of Davis, Morgan Garland, CuJo, and JSmith/CMoore/JHunter is really, really good. Unlimited-ceiling good in fact. 

Add in that a couple people are saying Jerome is a 5 star talent..man we could be really, really good next year.

I get the feeling is Garland commits to us we are less likely to get Romeo. Guys who are ranked this highly and this desired don't want to be an oversign. I feel good we will get one but not both. But I prefer getting Romeo.

Sent from my SM-G935T using BtownBanners mobile app

Shouldn't matter to any incoming Freshman who the oversign would be because once they sign the papers their spot is guaranteed for that first year. It's the players on the team now that would be sweating it out

Shouldn't matter to any incoming Freshman who the oversign would be because once they sign the papers their spot is guaranteed for that first year. It's the players on the team now that would be sweating it out

I just hate being in this situation. I know it has to have some effect on a kids decision. I also hate it because Crean did this so often. But I understand Archie is in this situation because of what he inherited from Crean. If we lose someone I hope it's not any of the people he has recruited so far.

The thing with Romeo's recruitment is that really no one  knows for sure because Tim Langford has been playing close to vest and hasn't been doing interviews with the local or national media. After this last IU visit they gave very basic information but wouldn't grant interviews on his UNC or IU visits. Most national guys agree there is no clear "leader".

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I'd still be stoked if we got Garland and not Romeo. Missing both would hurt. Getting both is the dream. If I had to pick one, it's Romeo but not by wide margins.

Garland would definitely upgrade a position of need. If Jones, Smith, Hunter, and Anderson can cover to 2/3 we'll be good. Obviously, I'd like both but either one would be good. I think Romeo would be a bigger statement.

1 hour ago, HoosierMatty said:

I just hate being in this situation. I know it has to have some effect on a kids decision. I also hate it because Crean did this so often. But I understand Archie is in this situation because of what he inherited from Crean. If we lose someone I hope it's not any of the people he has recruited so far.

I totally agree, but it seems to be the way things go now. A few weeks ago when the NCAA came out and said they were thinking about allowing football and basketball players to transfer without sitting out a year, all the talking heads said how that is the way it should be and how wrong it is to make them sit out. Well, I guess if that is the way it's heading, why shouldn't coaches be constantly looking for transfers and/or upgrades. You can't live in a vacuum and hope your program won't be affected.

I personally don't like it, but it seems to be where it's heading.

Crean has his many faults but if Archie oversigns this class it has nothing to do with Crean. Nobody is forcing him to take this big of a class. This is his decision and he will reap the rewards and take any backlash 100% on him

1 hour ago, Hoosier Guy said:

People are insane if they want Garland more than Romeo. Have to lock down the state. And Romeo is the sh!t. But I still believe IU gets both

Garland fills a bigger need though, plus he could possibly be here multiple years. I prefer Romeo myself because of what he would signal to the rest of the country, but from a purely basketball standpoint I think Garland might be a bigger get. 

14 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Garland fills a bigger need though, plus he could possibly be here multiple years. I prefer Romeo myself because of what he would signal to the rest of the country, but from a purely basketball standpoint I think Garland might be a bigger get. 

Romeo takes IU from good to great. It's that simple. Garland is good but Romeo is the much bigger recruit