Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

So if I am Romeo I really have to ask myself if I want to share the spotlight with Simmons. 
I get the appeal of the dynamic duo aspect but Simmons would have far more control to showcase his skills than Romeo. 

Simons & a junior King who by then could be in the NBA but if not Romeo will not be promised anything there. He may end up playing the most minutes on the team, but the uncertainty would worry me. ONLY reason I see him waiting till Spring is to see whose staying and going.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

18 hours ago, goonaha said:

Well, first and foremost, his team didn't win the state championship last year.  That's probably a good indicator of this writer's understanding of the state.  You can bet the house Coach Miller knows what happen last year.  Not to mention how important it means to his team to win a state championship.  It's not an easy task to accomplish in the state of Indiana.  As all of us Hoosiers already know this.

Second, big deal IU hasn't recruited a 'top recruit', whatever that means, since 2013.  Coach Miller wasn't coaching IU.  I find it absurd to even talk about that stuff.  If the writer's going to talk about that stuff then he probably should have also brought up a minor detail that the current head coach at IU managed to coach a team of 'lesser recruits', again, whatever that means, in an Elite Eight during that time frame.  

Finally, this article just seemed to be more about Crean's inability to win the big games.  IU basketball will always have 'a position of strength', whatever that means, regardless the coach.  And anybody that doesn't believe that or even understand it doesn't know IU basketball's culture.  

Coaches coach and players play.  And I'm almost 100% certain both Coach Miller and Romeo Langford knows this.  Best of luck to all parties involved.  If it does happen I hope it's a match that produces big wins on the hardwood.  

I like when Jerry Meyer said IU wouldn't land 5 star players because it's "not the 80s" and Archie won't want those kind of guys.

These media guys are tools. I bet they all cheer for Kentucky.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

They seem to forget TB, JBJ, Yogi, Zeller & Noah. Add Troy, Gordon, OG & Victor & we have a solid NBA nucleus building to vouch for us now. Yes I said JBJ because as a Sixer fan I have read enough that says he will be a favorite to land the last roster spot. Training camp could change a lot tho so he's gonna have to work. He will get a 2 way contract IMO if not.

They seem to forget TB, JBJ, Yogi, Zeller & Noah. Add Troy, Gordon, OG & Victor & we have a solid NBA nucleus building to vouch for us now. Yes I said JBJ because as a Sixer fan I have read enough that says he will be a favorite to land the last roster spot. Training camp could change a lot tho so he's gonna have to work. He will get a 2 way contract IMO if not.

I know Gordon was a 5 star but can't really use him anymore since it has been nearly a decade since he left.

All the better for us. I didn't know he was so inclined to play close to home. That is good news, but also for U of L. Gonna be interesting. I still have a gut feeling he makes his decision before 2018 year kicks off.

I wouldn't be shocked if he decides before his season starts. He's looking to win another state championship for NA and an Indiana Mr. Basketball award.

I like IU's chances with everything that's somewhat trustworthy that has been said. Adidas, somewhat close to home, not currently involved in hookergate, etc.

I wouldn't be shocked if he decides before his season starts. He's looking to win another state championship for NA and an Indiana Mr. Basketball award.

I like IU's chances with everything that's somewhat trustworthy that has been said. Adidas, somewhat close to home, not currently involved in hookergate, etc.

I know some will some it will be Spring based off his comments, but I have heard he could pop by December. If it really is us or U of L why wait longer honestly? I just don't see the reasoning to wait longer and like you stated he wants to focus on his HS season. The Adidas thing helps both schools so. We shall see.

Yeah I would think he's not gonna wait till Spring to decide between two schools

De'Ron Davis and V.J King would be the only guys that could leave. King would take minutes away from him, but he would still get playing time. I wouldn't think one player made that much of a difference in waiting that long. I expect him to be ready at the latest January or February.

19 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

I agree. He'll commit before the season or after the season. And my thinking is he will in the early signing period

I know you are the eternal optimist but I see no reason why he wouldn't wait as long as possible. See what the rosters will look like in 2018 and decide. However long he waits, there will be a spot open for him.

18 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I know you are the eternal optimist but I see no reason why he wouldn't wait as long as possible. See what the rosters will look like in 2018 and decide. However long he waits, there will be a spot open for him.

Eternal optimist is not totally accurate. I don't think everything could go IU's way. However, yes I'm a lot more positive since Archie came here. And on Romeo, I just think he'll decide in the fall

6 hours ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

De'Ron Davis and V.J King would be the only guys that could leave. King would take minutes away from him, but he would still get playing time. I wouldn't think one player made that much of a difference in waiting that long. I expect him to be ready at the latest January or February.

who is VJ King

One of Louisville's highest rated players.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

To piggyback that, most people think he is U of L's De'Ron Davis but King was a consensus 5 star and if Simons plays the 2 then King will take minutes from the 3 from Romeo. Either way if he stays(some think he could leave early and go in the 1st next year) one of those kids isn't gonna be happy.

The path to PT and being "the guy" is at lot easier here than there. Don't even know if it is important to him or not though.

Deng Adel could also be a problem. I forgot about him. I fully expect him gone after this year though.

Snider, Ramey, Deng, King, Simons were/are all top ranked kids. I am sure Pitino finds a way to get him on the court, but all those guys are gonna be expecting to play a lot so minutes may not be there for him to play more than 28 mpg.

If the sense is King & Adel are gone after this year I don't like our chances as much, but if even one may come back and plays well then I reaaaaalllllyyyy like our chances. Just my opinion though.

Deng Adel could also be a problem. I forgot about him. I fully expect him gone after this year though.

Snider, Ramey, Deng, King, Simons were/are all top ranked kids. I am sure Pitino finds a way to get him on the court, but all those guys are gonna be expecting to play a lot so minutes may not be there for him to play more than 28 mpg.

If the sense is King & Adel are gone after this year I don't like our chances as much, but if even one may come back and plays well then I reaaaaalllllyyyy like our chances. Just my opinion though.

That's why Louisville will be good this year. Stacks of talent. Not to mention Crean's #1 recruit Ray Spalding, will be their 4th or 5th best player as a Junior.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners