Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

Just now, Hoosier Guy said:

I just don't think he's gonna wait until the Spring to decide between two teams

Like Brass said, he's waiting to see if there are any injuries, early leavers, etc. He wants to know the teammates he will have and the situation that will give him the best opportunity to build his brand. It makes total sense to wait until the spring.

2 minutes ago, VO5 said:

Like Brass said, he's waiting to see if there are any injuries, early leavers, etc. He wants to know the teammates he will have and the situation that will give him the best opportunity to build his brand. It makes total sense to wait until the spring.

I guess. If I were completely sure, I'd want to end it before my senior season. But every person is different

12 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Because a player like him has too much at stake for this to be a poor decision.  This is about so much more than picking a school for him.  Its about building his brand to get a better endorsement package.  Its about picking a team that will help him showcase his skill the best way possible.  Too much can change in 6 months for that to definitely not change.  

Even if we were the best choice in November what if Deron Davis has either a stellar year and is going pro after this year, or gets hurt in march and will miss 2018 rehabbing.  There are a million possible what ifs that could happen to alter which school is the best choice for him.  

He has no fear of being recruited over so he should enjoy that time that skill affords him and use it to remove as much uncertainty as possible from his decision.  

While I agree with just about everything you said, it's also what I've come to hate about college basketball. The top players are more about their"brand" than about the college game or the school. I know it's their future and I don't blame them. It's just the way the game is played now.

1 minute ago, cthomas said:

While I agree with just about everything you said, it's also what I've come to hate about college basketball. The top players are more about their"brand" than about the college game or the school. I know it's their future and I don't blame them. It's just the way the game is played now.

Yep. College basketball is just a stepping stone for the NBA

3 minutes ago, cthomas said:

We all chose the college that we thought would benefit us the most. I am never going to fault a basketball player from doing the same thing. 

10 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

We all chose the college that we thought would benefit us the most. I am never going to fault a basketball player from doing the same thing. 

Yeah, or the one we could get into! I'm not disagreeing with you, just lamenting a time long gone.

5 minutes ago, goonaha said:

I was reading it while you were posting it!  Definitely an interesting take on Romeo's recruitment.

I actually agree. I really want RL at IU and I believe it would be a huge get. However, if it doesn't happen we will be fine going forward.

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

Just now, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I posted this in another thread but what's the harm in letting Romeo run point like he does at NA. We could get him off the ball with Green/Durham here and there. I think it's an interesting idea.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I would almost assume that's part of our recruiting pitch. He'll definitely need to be able to initiate offenses in the NBA. 

I actually agree. I really want RL at IU and I believe it would be a huge get. However, if it doesn't happen we will be fine going forward.

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

It would be a statement commit. If the staff pulls Langford in 2018 and then 2 of the top targets in 2019 (Brooks, Hurt, Watford, Anthony) the cbb world will take notice. It'll be the start CAM and staff need to be considered with the likes of Arizona, MSU, UL, Kansas, etc in the world of recruiting.

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I posted this in another thread but what's the harm in letting Romeo run point like he does at NA. We could get him off the ball with Green/Durham here and there. I think it's an interesting idea.

You can only get away with it you have a guy of Romeos caliber. If we don't get Garland I would gladly do this. 

I would think that a five star backcourt player would lead the offense quite a bit. We need another option, but definitely let him try.