Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

16 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Langford returned to action after missing a couple of games with a dislocated finger.  New Albany defeated Providence 55-40.  Langford with 14 pts.; 10 reb; 5 assists and 3 blks so I think he's probably OK. 

Reports were Roy Williams was watching.

Post-game comment from Langford:  "I'm going to have to get used to playing with this wrap for about the next three weeks," said Langford, who came into the contest averaging 28 points per game and is a consensus top-5 player in the class of 2018. "With this wrap on, it's like playing with three fingers on my right hand, it makes it kind of hard." 

He says after dropping a double double

In sectional semi-final action, New Albany jumped on Bedford North Lawrence early and walked away with an 89-52 win.  Langford with 33 pts., 8 reb., 5 asst., and 2 blks.  Brayton Bailey had 13 in a losing effort for BNL.

Langford just needs 2 more points to reach the 2,000 point mark for his high school career.

Edited by Class of '66 Old Fart

New Albany (24-3)  won its 4th straight sectional championship defeating Floyd Central (19-5) 54-38.  The game was tied at 35 at the end of the 3rd quarter but New Albany dominated the 4th outscoring FC 19-3.  Langford had 7 of his 16 points in that final quarter.  His first basket in this game was a 3-pointer and with that basket Langford became the 48th player in Indiana history to go over 2,000 points.

Last Saturday regional basketball results.

In the morning, the Bulldogs got Center Grove's star in foul trouble and won 57-52 to advance to the title game.  The Dogs were led by Langford, who had 21 points and eight rebounds

In the championship, junior Romeo Langford scored 44, but New Albany (25-4) could not close out No. 8 Castle's Jack Nunge and Company in a 72-64 loss. The Iowa commit had 20 points and 14 rebounds in the win.  [side note - I think Nunge is going to be a pain in IU's kiester for the next 4 years]

Okay... So I've told a couple friends and family members that I read a rumor here a while back the Romeo supposedly liked the idea of playing at IU but not Crean.  Am I off my rocker for remembering seeing that? I've tried searching the thread and haven't found the post I feel I remember.

Okay... So I've told a couple friends and family members that I read a rumor here a while back the Romeo supposedly liked the idea of playing at IU but not Crean.  Am I off my rocker for remembering seeing that? I've tried searching the thread and haven't found the post I feel I remember.

I remember it too. Don't worry you might still be off your rocker, but not for this particular reason

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

16 minutes ago, CR3AMnCR1MS0N said:

I've been told that by several people with more knowledge of the situation. Said Romeo had interest in IU but he wasn't a fan of Tom which is why we were never involved there. 

1 hour ago, CR3AMnCR1MS0N said:

I'm not quite sure on this one but it certainly seems to fit the theme that Crean was doing something to creep out prospects.  There have been way too many cases of top prospects interested in IU to then quickly drop IU as they got to know Crean and Co. better. 

2 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

Romeo is gonna go to IU. These in state kids are gonna very much consider IU now since Crean is gone. Thank God for Archie Miller!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

You've got the same confidence, just like billy to IU. I love it!!