Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

1 hour ago, BlueDevil2aHoosier said:

Warsaw's stall ball is unbearable to watch

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Yeah...... which is why is blows me away that college fans wanted them to move the college shot clock back to 45 seconds. Nothing better than watching a bunch of kids stand around for 35 seconds because the coach knows they don't have near the talent to actually compete

Yeah...... which is why is blows me away that college fans wanted them to move the college shot clock back to 45 seconds. Nothing better than watching a bunch of kids stand around for 35 seconds because the coach knows they don't have near the talent to actually compete

Logan vs New Albany should be great both love to run

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Article from the Courier-Journal on today's New Albany-Warsaw game.     ...Langford was limited to 14 points and eight rebounds on 5 of 16 shooting....

http://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/preps/indiana/2016/12/30/defense-lifts-new-albany-hof-classic-opener/96001224/?hootPostID=584ff51aa25bacba27ab14621684c700

In the championship game of the Cities Securities Hall of Fame Classic, New Albany handed Logansport its first loss of the season by a score of 58-33.  New Albany held Logansport scoreless in the 3rd  Q to take a 20 point lead into the 4th Q.   Langford put on a good show of just how good he is not just in scoring but also with his rebounding especially on the offensive glass.  

Langford finished with 20 pts. and 11 reb. and was named tournament MVP.  It wasn't his best shooting night as he was only 8-19 FG's and 0-6 on 3's.  As a team, New Albany was only 1-22 on 3's for the game and still won by 25 pts, scoring 42 of their 58 points in the paint.

This really is not the place for this discussion, but I believe it highlights other elements of the game, rather than just shot making.

Fair enough, yeah sorry about getting sidetracked. I guess to tie it back in I'll say stall ball could be an effective strategy for an inferior team to take out a player of Langford's caliber.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

New Albany defeats Seymour 86-40. Langford with 20 pts.; 16 coming in the second half. The newspaper account of the game indicates Seymour tried to shut down Langford so much that it allowed New Albany to make 24 of 28 2-pt. FG’s. mostly in the paint. Bad strategy!