Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

X-Hoosier

UK at A&M chosen over IU-PU for Gameday

I could possibly see this IF it were at UK but at A&M? Don't understand this move. Maybe it has to do with the ESPN-SEC Network connection???

That is the only thing I can think of. I don't know how you could pass up Indiana vs Purdue in Bloomington. It is a joke.

So far College Gameday has included these teams.
Maryland, Michigan State, North Carolina, Kentucky, Kansas, Oklahoma, Notre Dame and Texas A&M. That'll only be 8 different teams in 5 games. When they have the potential to have 20. Which I personally think they should. They should go to all kinds of different places. Instead they only go to a few spots and stick with them. It is incredibly predictable and an absolute joke. They screwed us in football too.

So far College Gameday has included these teams.
Maryland, Michigan State, North Carolina, Kentucky, Kansas, Oklahoma, Notre Dame and Texas A&M. That'll only be 8 different teams in 5 games. When they have the potential to have 20. Which I personally think they should. They should go to all kinds of different places. Instead they only go to a few spots and stick with them. It is incredibly predictable and an absolute joke. They screwed us in football too.

Oklahoma, Notre Dame, now aTm? Next week they'll be going to Bama out of habit.

Maybe they just pop open Ken Pom and look for the highest thrill score for the day.

UK @ A&M is on top, then OK at WVU, then us, then Duke v. Louisville.

Man, there are a lot of great games on Saturday. I probably will miss them all.

It Is the last Saturday I am scheduled to come in and work before I get my change in schedule and won't have to work Saturdays anymore.

Edit: so of course I am going to miss all of them, like usual

My assumption of what was meant, I have heard Dakich say on a few occasions, that the admin desires a lower profile for its athletics.

Yes.  This.  But men's basketball in particular.

Example : And this is 100% fact.  Rick Pitino called/contacted IU each time the job was open.   After Davis and after Sampson.  Both times, he was told no thank you, because "Indiana did not want another coach with a name too large."   i.e. another Bob Knight.  Not that I want Pitino, but the example doesn't change.  The administration wanted a lower profile for men's basketball, and it's very obvious they chose it despite the crap we've all been put through.

Athletics is the world's window into universities.  That's just the way of the world.  Nobody has to like it, but it is what it is.  Indiana can deny it all they want, and they can admit as many east coasters as they want; but at the end of the day, IU's most visible entity is men's basketball.  And the administration has intentionally allowed said entity to dwindle in popularity and visibility.  What I don't know is to what end.

Yes. This. But men's basketball in particular.

Example : And this is 100% fact. Rick Pitino called/contacted IU each time the job was open. After Davis and after Sampson. Both times, he was told no thank you, because "Indiana did not want another coach with a name too large." i.e. another Bob Knight. Not that I want Pitino, but the example doesn't change. The administration wanted a lower profile for men's basketball, and it's very obvious they chose it despite the crap we've all been put through.

Athletics is the world's window into universities. That's just the way of the world. Nobody has to like it, but it is what it is. Indiana can deny it all they want, and they can admit as many east coasters as they want; but at the end of the day, IU's most visible entity is men's basketball. And the administration has intentionally allowed said entity to dwindle in popularity and visibility. What I don't know is to what end.

You're going to have find something that supports your Pitino claim because I can't find anything of the sort.

You're going to have find something that supports your Pitino claim because I can't find anything of the sort.

Then go have lunch with one of Pitino's best friends who happens to hold a very highly esteemed position within the IU Foundation.  I don't "have" to do anything.  You can doubt if you'd like to, but there are plenty of people who can substantiate that, and while I don't know everybody or everything, I do know that to be 100% factually accurate.   You're not going to find it anywhere publicly.   What,....you think Pitino called the Indianapolis Star??