Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2017) DT Derrius Mullins

Committed 7/30/16. Going to prep school in 2017.

Ohio has been a hotbed for us and here's another name to start tracking with some early love. He was @ the IUBB/Minny game on Jan. 30.

@SWiltfong247: Holding double-digit offers Ohio DL Derrius Mullins tells me #IUFB leads..

Columbus, OH (St. Francis De Sales)
6'5/315

Best of the Midwest combine was in Indy today.

‏@RDonnellyBG: 2017 Columbus DeSales DT Derrius Mullins takes home DL MVP honors at Best of the Midwest @derrius71

Alright Hagen and Allen, get to work. Sounds like the guy we need. Or, at least, one of them.

Let's see where we stand after these other visits. He was @ Pitt before UK.

‏@BillBankGreene: One of Ohio's top D-tackles, Derrius Mullins recaps Kentucky visit. Still has Indiana on top. http://www.scout.com/college/football/recruiting/story/1649260-derrius-mullins-enjoys-uk-but-indiana-leads…  @derrius71

"I want to visit Ohio State and Michigan State this month, and I want to visit Wisconsin in the summer." 

"Right now, I'm planning on deciding some time during my senior season, or on Signing Day next February," Mullins said. 

Still in good shape here unless Sparty or the next shiny thing offers. Coaches visited a few weeks ago.

http://www.scout.com/college/football/recruiting/story/1667515-msu-offer-next-for-dt-derrius-mullins

Although Mullins was planning on making a commitment prior to this summer, interest from Michigan State has pushed back that timeline. 

"It's most likely going to be sometime this summer, and that depends on who else might offer," Mullins explained. "If Michigan State would offer, I might commit to them right away. I like them that much." 

"Of the schools that have offered me, I would say my favorite is Indiana," he said. "My top three of those that have offered would be Indiana, Pittsburgh and Purdue." 

19 hours ago, ccgeneral said:

Still in good shape here unless Sparty or the next shiny thing offers. Coaches visited a few weeks ago.

http://www.scout.com/college/football/recruiting/story/1667515-msu-offer-next-for-dt-derrius-mullins

Although Mullins was planning on making a commitment prior to this summer, interest from Michigan State has pushed back that timeline. 

"It's most likely going to be sometime this summer, and that depends on who else might offer," Mullins explained. "If Michigan State would offer, I might commit to them right away. I like them that much." 

"Of the schools that have offered me, I would say my favorite is Indiana," he said. "My top three of those that have offered would be Indiana, Pittsburgh and Purdue." 

I know this sounds petty but I don't like the way he said that. I don't just want to be the backup option. I want someone who genuinely wants to be here wearing the cream and crimson proudly. I know it probably happens a lot but saying it seems cheesy.

I know this sounds petty but I don't like the way he said that. I don't just want to be the backup option. I want someone who genuinely wants to be here wearing the cream and crimson proudly. I know it probably happens a lot but saying it seems cheesy.

That was my exact thoughts as well. Go elsewhere if your heart REALLY isn't in Bloomington.

well, harris has a tendency to decommit so not sure he would be that worried about competition until the ink dries.

Although hopefully he isn't one to shy away from competition.  Although, if he went to one of the more prestigious programs, the competition would probably be even more fierce.