Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierReb01

IU vs MSU Post-Game Thread

Colin can't defend. Otherwise I like him. Max had one of his better games. Rob is extremely limited (3 point shooter almost exclusively). TB did well with what was given. Yogi primarily cost us the game on the court IMO. Taking and missing so many shots. D intensity fell off map once down 5. Crean needs to take a TO in those time and Demand defensive effort.

OT. you see the Pacers making any trades this Thursday? I think they move G Hill last minute. 

I could see Hill getting moved

Unless we get younger, or trade Jordan Hill (So Bird isn't the idiot GM who gives him 10+ a year). I would prefer not to do anything. Roster isn't good enough, and isn't young enough, which is the worst position in the NBA

So I work the night shift at Jimmy John's on Kirkwood. Friday night/ Saturday morning at 3 am when the bars let out, to my surprise I see Troy Williams enter into JJ's. That would be 3 am Saturday morning, the day the team traveled to East Lancing. Quite obvious bad Troy should up to this game and I personally would like to pin it on poor off court choices, but that's just me.  

Why doesn't this surprise me?

So I work the night shift at Jimmy John's on Kirkwood. Friday night/ Saturday morning at 3 am when the bars let out, to my surprise I see Troy Williams enter into JJ's. That would be 3 am Saturday morning, the day the team traveled to East Lancing. Quite obvious bad Troy should up to this game and I personally would like to pin it on poor off court choices, but that's just me.

Yeah he and Newkirk were in Brothers around midnight. I don't think it's *that* big of a deal besides the fact that they left for MSU later that day.

I could see Hill getting moved

Unless we get younger, or trade Jordan Hill (So Bird isn't the idiot GM who gives him 10+ a year). I would prefer not to do anything. Roster isn't good enough, and isn't young enough, which is the worst position in the NBA

I'm a laker fan, dying they trade Lou Will for first rounder. I'll take O.G in the late first round lol

Yeah the Pacers are not in a very good position. Doesn't help when they are 22 in attendance , couldn't believe that when i saw that. Thought Pacer nation supported better than that. 

I'm a laker fan, dying they trade Lou Will for first rounder. I'll take O.G in the late first round lol

Yeah the Pacers are not in a very good position. Doesn't help when they are 22 in attendance , couldn't believe that when i saw that. Thought Pacer nation supported better than that. 

They haven't really been exciting to watch for causal fans since Reggie left really.  Great defense might win championships but it doesn't fill the stands till you have won something. 

Yeah he and Newkirk were in Brothers around midnight. I don't think it's *that* big of a deal besides the fact that they left for MSU later that day.

You won a big game on Thursday. Go out that night. Not the night you are flying out the next day. Once the sleep schedule is disturbed you're done for.

Indy fans suck. Like this city has got to be one of the worst groups of fans anywhere. They never think they should be bothered to turn out unless it conveniences them. Hell, we still have fans that use the brawl as an excuse to not support the team, even though I think there is one guy left in the organization still associated with that team. These are the same people who still support the Colts, even though they have a higher percentage of players get in trouble with the law, and it isn't close. You'd think for being a basketball state they'd want to support the professional basketball team more than the professional football team.

Mini-rant over. 

You won a big game on Thursday. Go out that night. Not the night you are flying out the next day. Once the sleep schedule is disturbed you're done for.

Yeah I don't really disagree. I wouldn't be out the night before a team flight, but everyone is different. I think they're going to go out and do whatever regardless. I'm assuming that's the case in most places.

Indy fans suck. Like this city has got to be one of the worst groups of fans anywhere. They never think they should be bothered to turn out unless it conveniences them. Hell, we still have fans that use the brawl as an excuse to not support the team, even though I think there is one guy left in the organization still associated with that team. These are the same people who still support the Colts, even though they have a higher percentage of players get in trouble with the law, and it isn't close. You'd think for being a basketball state they'd want to support the professional basketball team more than the professional football team.

Mini-rant over. 

Hahaha. I can totally see what you're talking about. It doesn't help when IU basketball is inconsistent either. Poor Indy. 

Turned the radio on to listen to MSU make the run in the first half. Tommy boy doesn't call a timeout to stem the tide. Get back into the car and turn it on on the second half and IU is down by almost 20. Way to make halftime adjustments Tom.

Can someone remind me how many McD All Marricans Tom Izzo has on his roster? How many does Tom Crean?

Liked Max starting, he responded nicely. OG did what OG does. Otherwise not much to be happy about. Obviously Yogi is struggling, we are going nowhere without him. Troy is not very good, Crean needs to accept this and adjust accordingly. Next two at AH will hopefully right the ship. Go Hoosiers!

Turned the radio on to listen to MSU make the run in the first half. Tommy boy doesn't call a timeout to stem the tide. Get back into the car and turn it on on the second half and IU is down by almost 20. Way to make halftime adjustments Tom.

Can someone remind me how many McD All Marricans Tom Izzo has on his roster? How many does Tom Crean?

off the top of my head, for next year, I think Izzo has 4-5? Top 50 players. I think? If I'm right, watch out B1G.

1)  If anyone disagrees with Crean's half court offense being absolutely awful at this point, I would love to see a reasonable explanation of why.  They either stay on the perimeter and throw up a 3 or drive to nowhere with no purpose.  There's no movement or screening off the ball.   No set to get a particular shot.  Everything is random.  Everything is ad hoc.  There's no flow, no purpose, and no specificity.  No system.  It is awful.  It's BEEN awful.  And it will always BE awful under Tom Crean.  He is not predisposed to look for good shots within the flow of a half court offense.  It's not how he coaches.  Thirty (30) three pointers is way too many.  Living and dying by it.  Same old, same old; and this point is now 7 years old.    

2)  Lots of home cooking by officials.  I think that's a rule in the Big Ten.

3) There is no way we should ever lose a game by 20 points when we turn it over just 11 times.   That's a combination of horrible shot selection and awful defense.  Our post defense reminded me of Mike Davis' philosophy - let 'em catch it, do whatever they want, and hope to block a shot or hope they miss.  Costello was 10-12 from the floor and had 22 points.  We allowed him to do whatever we wanted with little challenge.  And...surprise...never adjusted.  Didn't we have a discussion about Crean's ability to adjust this week?

4)  If Williams or Bryant think they're anywhere near NBA ready, they're lying to themselves.  Williams in particular was Godawful.  Pathetically so.

5)  10 FT's.  Ten.  When you settle for bad jump shots, you give yourself no chance to win on the road.   Granted, MSU shot just 12, but they also pounded the paint and got good shots all day, mostly the last 30 minutes.  They cut, they drove to set something up (instead of driving to throw up a prayer like we did), and they showed how you execute an offense.  And...they shot 58% from the floor because of it.

Bottom line, we are (this is a broken record) a very good team when we're allowed to run and when we play in transition.  We are awful in the half court.  And our defense is just terrible.   None of this is new.  Groundhog Day was two weeks ago, right?

We lost to three msu players today!  How the hell is that acceptable?  Valentine is doing what a point guard should, and he ain't even a damn pg!  Yogi has to get his head out of his arse!  Crean needs to forget about Troy, FOREVER!  Give all his minutes to O.G. and Juwan!  1-2 in Feb. Has it begun?