Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Whoozhers

Tech Issues

I get the same Amazon Contest redirect from time to time... it is annoying but I just close out and come back and usually doesn't happen again, I can't imagine how mad I would be if it happened every time.

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

I'll try and screenshot on my ipad later. The revert to some Amazon contest page only happens on the iPad for me, and I'm just using the regular browser (safari) not the app. 

Appreciate it. I've never had any of these issues, but I got the beta version of the last app update before Apple rejected it so I may be using a different version than everyone else which would explain why I've never had them.

2 hours ago, Str8Hoosiers said:

I get the same Amazon Contest redirect from time to time... it is annoying but I just close out and come back and usually doesn't happen again, I can't imagine how mad I would be if it happened every time.

When it happens for me it happen so about 50% of the time. 

2 hours ago, Str8Hoosiers said:

For the last 2-3 weeks it happens to me everytime on my iPad. I've closed out the browser, restarted the iPad, etc., and noting works.

7 hours ago, BGleas said:

Sorry, completely not the correct thread, but since tech issues came up, for about 2-3 weeks anytime I come to the site on my ipad after about 4-5 seconds the site automatically directs me to some spam Amazon contest. It happens every single time. Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this?

Yep I used to have this same thing, except it was on my Samsung phone.  So I pretty much just stopped using the mobile version unfortunately.

Using iPhone, Safari browser, not app....very frequently getting the redirect to Amazon  gift card spam. Used to happen just a bit, but has gotten much more aggressive in the last week or so.  Has started to make reading forum threads almost unusable.

Edited by Deserthoozier