Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Whoozhers

Tech Issues

He has said before that Tapatalk wants most apps to be managed by them. If not, like BTB is now, then stuff like this is going to continue to happen as their core services change. You have to react to whatever they have implemented. There's no way around it except for paying Tapatalk to do it for you. 

9 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

I am not particularly excited about this ... I don't have time sit at a computer all day... would be great to be able access this site via my phone again...

I downloaded the Google Chrome app on my iphone, then went to the website from there. 

Ever since the last Tapatalk update on my Galaxy S7. I have been unable to Loginto the Btown Banners forum. I can still see the posts, I just can't log in. I can still access and log into my other forums. Maybe it isn't tapatalk? When this started happening today, I went to download the actual Btown Banner app to download it and give it another try. It was no longer in the Android store. Is it no longer available? 

11 hours ago, iufaninillinois said:

Ever since the last Tapatalk update on my Galaxy S7. I have been unable to Loginto the Btown Banners forum. I can still see the posts, I just can't log in. I can still access and log into my other forums. Maybe it isn't tapatalk? When this started happening today, I went to download the actual Btown Banner app to download it and give it another try. It was no longer in the Android store. Is it no longer available? 

The issue has been that the app is actually ran through tapatalk, and their recent changes to try to make all independent apps be managed solely by them has created a lot of issues for sites that wanted to continue to manage their own apps. 41 is working on it and like he said before he very well might make the switch and just let them manage it but the cost goes up for the app by doing that.

UPDATE: Just spoke to 41 a moment ago. Tapatalk's engineers are actually looking into the issue with the app already. They are supposed to get back with him by the end of the week, but he is going to check in today and see where they are with it.

Sidenote: As natty said, if you use your browser on your phone you can still access the site from your phone. Not as convenient as the app but it still gets you to the site.

1 hour ago, iufaninillinois said:

How do you like the 9?

Its all right. I'm not a big phone geek, I had a Galaxy 6 well past time for an upgrade and finally decided to get the 9 two weeks ago mainly cuz the battery for my old phone was eating away after doing the most menial tasks.

Since this is the most relevant topic, I guess I'll post here. Did the font change on all of the messages for anyone else? It's a lot more thin and the color is more grey, making it little less easy on the eyes to read. Think I preferred it the way it was before. Just my 2 cents. I'm referring to the web version obviously since the app isn't working ;) 

8 minutes ago, Capt. Crimson said:

Since this is the most relevant topic, I guess I'll post here. Did the font change on all of the messages for anyone else? It's a lot more thin and the color is more grey, making it little less easy on the eyes to read. Think I preferred it the way it was before. Just my 2 cents. I'm referring to the web version obviously since the app isn't working ;) 

HMM YEAH SAME HERE.

Posted from my Motorola RAZR

12 minutes ago, Capt. Crimson said:

I'll check the site settings, but it looks the same as it always have for me.

27 minutes ago, Dalton26 said:

I'll check the site settings, but it looks the same as it always have for me.

Screenshotting LIHoosier's post up above is the best example I have. 

His quote looks like what the rest of the text looked like before for me. 

image.thumb.png.b773f4829973212a7ea656d377590c85.png

5 minutes ago, Capt. Crimson said:

Screenshotting LilHoosier's post up above is the best example I have. 

His quote looks like what the rest of the text looked like before for me. 

image.thumb.png.b773f4829973212a7ea656d377590c85.png

Thats odd. I'm at work so give me a few and I'll really look into it and see if its a settings issue. If not I'll get with 41 and see if he can have the engineers looking into the issues check into that too.