Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Guys, Niego has really surprised us, but the kid is an undersized, unathletic, freshman. You can't leave him in a game against the #4 in the country for too long. He did his job! Got a stop, riled up the team and crowd, and hit a beautiful shot. Don't get greedy by leaving him out there for too long. Let him build that confidence.

When Crean does that with Troy or Yogi or RoJo, experienced starters, that makes no sense to me.

I was just pointing out what happened not complaining just pointing out the fact crean managed to do it again. His subs was already at the table before the two good plays

I don't know, I waver on this. You don't want him to pick up another foul but you also don't want to keep one of your best players on the bench for 15 minutes straight. I'd rather see him foul out late in the game than not play any minutes for fear of fouling out. Especially last night as Iowa was getting a ton of offensive boards in the second half.

I don't mind him being put in the game in that situation but he needs to be told, go do your thing and if you foul so be it.... Going in and playing tentative and worrying more about not fouling that playing defense or getting rebounds is completely pointless.

I have always had a problem with Crean's substitution patterns. He still takes guys out when they're hot. I think coach is a statistical kind of guy and he believes you make to shot or two then you are going to miss the next one.. I don't agree with it.