Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

Indiana vs Iowa Post Game Thread

I think Bryant and Hartman get some of the cheapest calls.

It reminds me of how Tom Pritchard used to get picked on. He got called for a TON of moving screens up top, because officials told each other to watch him closely in that area. 

But that was Pritchard who, with all due respect, isn't even on the same planet as Bryant. 

I'm amazed at how little respect Bryant gets from Big Ten refs. It's like he's getting the Paul George treatment without doing or saying anything. 

I really don't like these 9 P.M. games, but it's a lot easier to get up in the morning after a win. 

TB's third and fourth fouls were... ummm... garbage?

Great win, first place!

Great games out of Rojo, Niego(!), Hartman. Yogi had a brutal stretch but put it together. I think Troy will always have "bad Troy" moments in every game, but overall he had one of his best games in a while. Bryant was both good and bad but was replaced well with OG, Juwan and Bielfeldt (minus that bad 3 pointer with about two minutes left)

Congrats to Coach too, big win. Great free throw shooting.

Hoosiers first place in the Big Ten!

Thanks for reminding me, HUGE props to Harrison!!! He hit a huge bucket and took a charge. That was awesome. Great to see NZ hit some huge shots. Proud of how the freshman played as well.

Great win. Our bench kicked their benches' asses. We shut down Clemens. Man I want to hit Woodbury in the face with a shovel.

Man, Uthoff is a huge match-up issue for us. Hopefully OG doesn't get in foul trouble at Iowa

I mainly liked this post because I said this to my roommate

Jok is the one that I want to punch.  Dude forearmed and shoved his way open the entire game.  If he were called for half the fouls he committed he would have fouled out about 10 minutes in.  Hope Crean and Yogi get all over the refs @Iowa about that early in the game.

Jok is the one that I want to punch. Dude forearmed and shoved his way open the entire game. If he were called for half the fouls he committed he would have fouled out about 10 minutes in. Hope Crean and Yogi get all over the refs @Iowa about that early in the game.

Jok and Woodbury were shoving all night, it was bad. Wished the refs would have called it more!

Jok is the one that I want to punch.  Dude forearmed and shoved his way open the entire game.  If he were called for half the fouls he committed he would have fouled out about 10 minutes in.  Hope Crean and Yogi get all over the refs @Iowa about that early in the game.

Yup.

It reminds me of how Tom Pritchard used to get picked on. He got called for a TON of moving screens up top, because officials told each other to watch him closely in that area.

But that was Pritchard who, with all due respect, isn't even on the same planet as Bryant.

YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH

Very well could be undefeated in B1G. Just don't show up every night. Hard to do that every night yes, but in game adjustments can be done.

It's frustrating but I guess it's something to get over? I don't know.

A missed TB dunk or Yogi drawing contact and showing any sense of effort @PSU.  Sad to think about.

Very well could be undefeated in B1G. Just don't show up every night. Hard to do that every night yes, but in game adjustments can be done.

It's frustrating but I guess it's something to get over? I don't know.

You will drive yourself insane with thinking like that. We've been pretty darn good in conference play. We weren't going undefeated. Games going differently than on paper is what makes this stuff fun.

Nice to win when we don't play particularly well.   Iowa didn't either, and our ability to make shots won the game for us.

Our best weapons were on the offensive glass and press break.  I think McCaffery made a mistake going back to the press as often as he did.  I think we got 4 or 5 layups against it.  Iowa missed a ton of free throws and a ton of layups.  Indiana didn't.

Certainly not pretty and not the clinic we put on against Michigan, but still a win that should lock Indiana into the NCAA tournament.  Still some work to do, but opportunities to do it.    I'd rather win ugly than lose pretty.