Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SF Keion Brooks Jr. to Kentucky

Just now, Uspshoosier said:

Keion Brooks, a sophomore five-star small forward finally got the offer he's been waiting for (VIP) michiganstate.247sports.com/Article/Keion-… @jerrymeyer247

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

This just seemed to be pre-ordained.

FW North Side defeated FW Snider 60-45 in the Carroll sectional championship game.  Legends sophomore Keion Brooks led all scorers with 17 points along with a game-high 11 rebounds.   Malik Williams, Snider's star center, was held to just six points on 1-of-7 from the field.  

In the afternoon game of the Logansport regional, North Side rolled to a 57-38 win over Homestead.  Brooks chipped in seven points, eight rebounds and five assists.

FW North Side won the Logansport regional Saturday night defeating Carmel in OT 52-49.  Brooks with 13 points and 5 rebounds.

Interesting tidbit.  It’s the first regional title for North Side since 1995.  That 1995 North Side team, incidentally, also featured a player named Keion Brooks. Brooks Sr. is an assistant coach, and he reveled in watching his son help North Side reach a semistate for the first time in 22 years. 

Someone asked how Brooks is compared to Wilkes. Wilkes is much stronger and more explosive. Brooks is much more refined, better skills, better shot, but still lengthy and athletic. Wilkes to me a SF/PF mix. Brooks can play 1-4 positions.

Wilkes reminds me a bit of Shawn Kemp while Brooks is like VJ Beachem (with more potential). Like VJ, Brooks has a long skinny frame with lots of athleticism and a good shot. He can play and defend both in the post and at the perimeter. Very smart player. Always plays under control. Plenty of room to get stronger. Like VJ though, a lot of the time he lacks aggression/killer instinct. Always emotionless. I hope with Butz gone next year Brooks can step into his own role more. Only going to be a junior.

BTW. I have seen Pitino and Izzo at plenty of his games. Never once seen Crean there. I wont be surprised if IU drops off his list. Painter also recruits FW well.

Edited by ViaSwiss