Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SF Keion Brooks Jr. to Kentucky

2 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Anyone have this sinking feeling that “win at all costs” Louisville/Mack hits the ground running and makes the 3 year Crean rebuild look like an absolute joke?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Yeah most likely.  I feel like we'll be watching them in the Final 4 in his second year against yet another mid-major who somehow manages to get farther than us.

3 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Anyone have this sinking feeling that “win at all costs” Louisville/Mack hits the ground running and makes the 3 year Crean rebuild look like an absolute joke?

I believe it will depend on the AD and how willing he is to play the game.  I wouldn't be shocked in the least to start seeing big name players committing to U6 in the next two years even if sanctions start flying at them.

Mack has made good inroads in recruiting Indiana kids but he's still going to have to deal with the Louisville reputation smear and still unknown over the FBI investigation.  However, now is also an exceptionally good time to cut him off at the knees with his Indiana recruiting starting with Romeo this year and Brooks/TJD/Newman next year.  

The rebuild took forever at IU because Crean is a lousy coach. Mack is a solid coach so I would expect the rebuild to take less time.

Like a zero year rebuild. He will get players that will win, be it grad transfers or other. Maybe a 1 year.

Heck Archie is at 1 year, 2 year TBD.

My faith in Indiana doing anything well with basketball is subzero. Lol. Is it obvious?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

14 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Won't be any way in hell that Mack's 1st year roster looks like Crean's. Just what's "supposed" to come back blows it out of the water. Apples and Oranges.

12 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Like a zero year rebuild. He will get players that will win, be it grad transfers or other. Maybe a 1 year.

Heck Archie is at 1 year, 2 year TBD.

My faith in Indiana doing anything well with basketball is subzero. Lol. Is it obvious?

Archie didn't have a lot of room to add people last year, without cutting the 3 incomming, who he probably didn't have a real good handle on, if they were good or easily replaceable.

I don't think the grad transfer route was a "thing" when Crean took over. 

Archie didn't have a lot of room to add people last year, without cutting the 3 incomming, who he probably didn't have a real good handle on, if they were good or easily replaceable.
I don't think the grad transfer route was a "thing" when Crean took over. 

Yeah pretty much. Always bad timing for Indiana. Just get tired of seeing countless examples of schools doing it better.

I have a feeling Archie is building something special though. At least I have hope.

Won't be any way in hell that Mack's 1st year roster looks like Crean's. Just what's "supposed" to come back blows it out of the water. Apples and Oranges.

This is true and it’s ridiculous. Louisville should be absolutely gutted for what they’ve done. Players shouldn’t even want to stay. Nope, they’ll be landing quality targets early and often.

3 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Yeah pretty much. Always bad timing for Indiana. Just get tired of seeing countless examples of schools doing it better.

I have a feeling Archie is building something special though. At least I have hope.

I think it's possible he could have taken the easy route and squeezed another win or 2 out of this last team, by letting them play Crean ball, but he stuck to his guns and we saw how the defense responded WITH CREANS' KIDS and how the turnovers decreased. I think with his system and his players, we'll see some growth. 

Yeah, it was easier for Holtman, but the style was a similar style but with better players than he was accustomed to.

8 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

This is true and it’s ridiculous. Louisville should be absolutely gutted for what they’ve done. Players shouldn’t even want to stay. Nope, they’ll be landing quality targets early and often.

It remains to be seen how it all unfolds. Just because Mack offered those players today, doesn't mean they are gonna end up on the Lewinski end of a Uof6 scholarship.

I don’t believe Louisville is about to repent and commit to a life of piety. They’ll be back to normal in no time - not because of Coach X’s perceived skill above Coach Y, but because they’ll be employing more discrete means of their previous route to glory.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando BtownBanners

It remains to be seen how it all unfolds. Just because Mack offered those players today, doesn't mean they are gonna end up on the Lewinski end of a Uof6 scholarship.

I agree. Not saying he’s going to start landing them all or anything. I just see Louisville ending up with a quality 2019 class. Not because of the offers but because of the $ and dedication to winning.

Mack needs to make an initial splash and that's what he's doing by immediately throwing out all of these offers.  It's highly flattering to a high school kid, but when the recruit starts getting reminded of the uncertainties surrounding U6, the glow won't be nearly as bright.

I agree. Not saying he’s going to start landing them all or anything. I just see Louisville ending up with a quality 2019 class. Not because of the offers but because of the $ and dedication to winning.

You don’t think they will get in more trouble by the NCAA for the University 6 stuff that happened when they were already on 3 years probation? If I was a kid I might be hesitant in going to Louisville until I knew how this is all going to shake out after the fbi is done with their investigation. Negative recruiting will effect them moving forward until the dust has settled.

You don’t think they will get in more trouble by the NCAA for the University 6 stuff that happened when they were already on 3 years probation? If I was a kid I might be hesitant in going to Louisville until I knew how this is all going to shake out after the fbi is done with their investigation. Negative recruiting will effect them moving forward until the dust has settled.

I hope. Little faith in the NCAA. Plus not sure Mack would take job unless he felt he had an idea about what was coming.