Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SF Keion Brooks Jr. to Kentucky

2 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Yeah, that has been my take as well. Goes to show what built in relationships can do.

I want too many guys in 2019. Lol.
1. Anthony
3. Brooks
4. Watford
5. Hurt/Wiseman

And TJD

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Which is why I think it's ideal to not use the remaining three scholarships for 2018. Way too much talent in the 2019 class to have only one for sure scholarship

2 hours ago, AKHoosier said:

This fan's hope is that we have 3 scholarships available for 2018 to use on Brooks, Trayce Jackson-Davis, and Hurt/Wiseman/Watford or possibly a guard.

The first players that should be taken are Keion Brooks and Trendon Watford. Can't pass on those guys. If only one more scholarship available after those recruits, Trayce Jackson-Davis. That would be a terrific class

The first players that should be taken are Keion Brooks and Trendon Watford. Can't pass on those guys. If only one more scholarship available after those recruits, Trayce Jackson-Davis. That would be a terrific class

I don't disagree, but if we have a real shot with Hurt, we have to go very strong for him. Zeller like impact IMO. I think he is more well rounded than Zeller even, which is saying a lot, I love Zeller.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

This fan's hope is that we have 3 scholarships available for 2018 to use on Brooks, Trayce Jackson-Davis, and Hurt/Wiseman/Watford or possibly a guard.

Yeah, attrition will happen with a new coach. Players that came in before CAM were promised things and have different expectations of the program. Archie is going to establish his way of doing things quick. I think 3 Scholarships is a good place to start.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I don't disagree, but if we have a real shot with Hurt, we have to go very strong for him. Zeller like impact IMO. I think he is more well rounded than Zeller even, which is saying a lot, I love Zeller.

Agreed. Any 5* that wants to commit you are available to take that player. You don't slow play 5* kids or use them as backups. It's first come first serve.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

18 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I think IU does have a real shot at Matthew Hurt. My perfect scenario class is Brooks, Watford, Jackson-Davis and Hurt. I would f@ckin love that class

21 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

I think IU does have a real shot at Matthew Hurt. My perfect scenario class is Brooks, Watford, Jackson-Davis and Hurt. I would f@ckin love that class

While I agree, it would never happen. Too many guys at the same position

That needs to be the recruiting approach for 2019 though. Don't need guards in that class

We don't need guards..? We should have Jones, Green, and Durham on the roster with Hunter and Anderson playing on the wing. If they're is an elite point you get him.

Regardless, I hope we land back to back top instate players and start to make it a tradition again.

5 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

We don't need guards..? We should have Jones, Green, and Durham on the roster with Hunter and Anderson playing on the wing. If they're is an elite point you get him.

Regardless, I hope we land back to back top instate players and start to make it a tradition again.

You can probably throw whatever PG we get into the mix (guessing Phinisee), but overall I agree.

38 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Getting Romeo and Brooks would be monumental for IU. The best in-state player for the 2018 and 2019 classes would clearly signal that IU is serious about in-state recruiting

8 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

Getting Romeo and Brooks would be monumental for IU. The best in-state player for the 2018 and 2019 classes would clearly signal that IU is serious about in-state recruiting

Okay, but seriously IU needs a 1/2 going forward....like immediately. CCG instilled me not to let these get off topic, so I'll start a '19 thread...respond there, let's get it going