Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SF Keion Brooks Jr. to Kentucky

6 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

I believe, unlike TJD, Keion's announcement setting will be a bit different.  When we start getting more tweets like this I'll believe an announcement is coming. 

I believe you’re right. Best friends with very different paths. 

Different paths to announcement mania, I mean. 

3 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

Sources tell me he wants to stay in-state, but is frustrated by IU's play right now. They're thinking DePauw. 

Good for him!!! Greencastle is where it’s at!

Or is it Greensburg? Or is Greenstown? Or is Greenwood? Or is it Greenville? Or is it Greenfield?

Hell, I have no idea. It’s not as well known as Bloomington but it’s a great education, at least from what I’ve heard. 

3 hours ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

Gotta be careful in believing what you read on the internet when it doesn't come from the source. All Brooks has ever said was that he was ready to get this over with but wasn't going to rush. I think some "insiders" got a little too confident in the tea leaves and put out some very incorrect stuff. Which is sort of their MO...post pro IU comments when the rumor mills start to pick up, make it seem like it's confidential intel and hope it sticks. The fact is no one has ever known where Brooks is going because I don't believe (much like the Romeo recruitment) they know yet where he's going. So all the "it's a done deal, staff has been informed" crap is nothing more than people who enjoy the attention of pretending to be in the know. If there ever were to be inside recruiting info leaked on a message board it would come from someone inside the player's "camp". It would never come from the staff so the people who continuously claim to be in the know on every recruitment are just making stuff up. Sam Story included.

Actually, he was quoted many times hinting that it would be soon. As I mentioned earlier, though, close and soon are relative terms. 

I’m going out on a limb here (a relatively sturdy limb, mind you) with absolutely no sources and saying Brooks will be at Indiana. I will claim to know (yet, only wishfully believe) he has taken a trip to Lexington to see a fantastic matchup and watch (as a sea of blue “watches him”) Kentucky knock off the number one team in the country. The knowledge that he’s perhaps the top dog (only now after a few strikes on other recruits Wildcat fans preferred) on Kentucky’s watchlist to become a cat, he sees a perfect opportunity to buid his brand on ESPN (let’s not pretend the Romeo saga wasn’t in part because it helped bring his name up again and again and flash a spotlight on him). So, KBJ’s there, knowing it’s the one and done capital of the world, yet he’s also very much aware that TJD and Franklin have all the love waiting on him. TJD, as it turns out, was the first to know after KBJ and has played along pretending to be persuading him.  

Or, he goes to Kentucky.

Unless it’s true and he has agreed to play at Depauw on an intramural team. That, too, is a possibility...although, I might willingly go farther out on a more fragile limb to say he won’t be attending Depauw. 

35 minutes ago, ray said:

I’m going out on a limb here (a relatively sturdy limb, mind you) with absolutely no sources and saying Brooks will be at Indiana. I will claim to know (yet, only wishfully believe) he has taken a trip to Lexington to see a fantastic matchup and watch (as a sea of blue “watches him”) Kentucky knock off the number one team in the country. The knowledge that he’s perhaps the top dog (only now after a few strikes on other recruits Wildcat fans preferred) on Kentucky’s watchlist to become a cat, he sees a perfect opportunity to buid his brand on ESPN (let’s not pretend the Romeo saga wasn’t in part because it helped bring his name up again and again and flash a spotlight on him). So, KBJ’s there, knowing it’s the one and done capital of the world, yet he’s also very much aware that TJD and Franklin have all the love waiting on him. TJD, as it turns out, was the first to know after KBJ and has played along pretending to be persuading him.  

Or, he goes to Kentucky.

Unless it’s true and he has agreed to play at Depauw on an intramural team. That, too, is a possibility...although, I might willingly go farther out on a more fragile limb to say he won’t be attending Depauw. 

I think you need to get down from those trees and get on some sturdy ground.

6 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I think you need to get down from those trees and get on some sturdy ground.

Wise words from you, good man. Fortunately, your wise words are only needed to protect me from my own words and the words of others. 

All we have here are words. No one knows. 

IMG_9255.thumb.jpg.b11ef82f04c97cc63ba5d7aa0da0f8b6.jpgIMG_9254.thumb.jpg.66f69d65daa77b7f8e64fc7bb1a5207b.jpg

Remember the last time Keion was in Lexington in October and UK still had all of the other top recruits still on their "big board." Hope Keion didn't forget this...

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

They still say that as of last week, I work with pUKe fans. Though I haven’t seen them since Thursday, I guess they could have changed their tone

Keion to DePauw?!?! Heeeeeellllllll yyeaaaahhh!!!

I'm a proud Tiger. Back in 1998 none other than Brad Stevens rushed me to join ATO. I pledged Phi Psi instead, 'cause that Brad guy seemed maybe a little too nice. Can't say the DPU facilities are great. No one goes to the basketball games. No NBA scouts. No athletic scholarships. If there are bagmen I never met them. Most people think your school is in Chicago, and you let them because it's better than Greencastle. 

But yeah. Keion should definitely stay local and go to DePauw. I mean, there's at least one guy in the NBA from DePauw, right? Definitely follow him. 

Keion to DePauw?!?! Heeeeeellllllll yyeaaaahhh!!!

I'm a proud Tiger. Back in 1998 none other than Brad Stevens rushed me to join ATO. I pledged Phi Psi instead, 'cause that Brad guy seemed maybe a little too nice. Can't say the DPU facilities are great. No one goes to the basketball games. No NBA scouts. No athletic scholarships. If there are bagmen I never met them. Most people think your school is in Chicago, and you let them because it's better than Greencastle. 

But yeah. Keion should definitely stay local and go to DePauw. I mean, there's at least one guy in the NBA from DePauw, right? Definitely follow him. 

OT you should of rushed ATO then you could of been brothers with Stevens.......and USPS (ISU 1997-01)

hereScreenshot_20190218-212328_Twitter.thumb.jpeg.a68cc0a67fba045f486e5c2ac0a4b6d8.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G930R6 using BtownBanners mobile app

Schilling was Brooks dad’s coach at Wright St?? That’s a huge nugget in our favor, in my opinion. Plus Keion’s statement about staying home is very positive. We have a lot of things working for us here. And add that he’s already familiar with the campus as he said and knows he’s needed here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Schilling was Brooks dad’s coach at Wright St?? That’s a huge nugget in our favor, in my opinion. Plus Keion’s statement about staying home is very positive. We have a lot of things working for us here. And add that he’s already familiar with the campus as he said and knows he’s needed here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
the skys not falling yet

Sent from my SM-G930R6 using BtownBanners mobile app