Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SF Keion Brooks Jr. to Kentucky

Brooks was MSU’s until Archie made it a possible reality. Now it may or may not be a reality. So what was once just a fact is now a kiss of death. This is nonsensical.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I honestly do think it is more fluid than some gave it credit for. For some MSU scares them the most. For some UK scared them. We will see. With him not being a burger boy it will probably be right after his season I assume. I don’t know. Silver lining this isn’t as bad or long as Romeo’s recruitment.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Dude you need to take a xanax or something. Its a darn internet message board. You seem very worked up over nothing.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Nah, maybe once you’re done posting your routine garbage. It’s truly obnoxious. I think the mods try really hard to be extremely fair to all, but I’d ban you.

Don’t know why you’re here to post non-stop misery. Why be so miserable? Stop watching.

3 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

The words of Davis, Sampson and Crean supporters before you

Fwiw, the Sampson supporters were right about his abilities. Dude can flat out coach. They probably just didn't expect him to get popped with violations. 

Nah, maybe once you’re done posting your routine garbage. It’s truly obnoxious. I think the mods try really hard to be extremely fair to all, but I’d ban you.

Don’t know why you’re here to post non-stop misery. Why be so miserable? Stop watching.

It’s the same guy who thinks Hoosier Guy is a source.

FWIW, there’s a per user block function. Allows you to scroll right past their posts without having to read them.

20 hours ago, Hoosier Guy said:

There’s still a chance. However, one has to be logical here. Both Izzo and Calipari would use Keion in the right way. Archie has clearly shown that he can’t use Romeo in the right way. TJD might be the only reason IU still has a chance

I'll admit I have several pages left to get through and someone may have touched on this but I think Romeo's passiveness is part of the issue too.  So many time he will just give the ball up and just go stand in the corner.  I agree coaching should he telling him to be more aggressive but surely that has happened.  

It’s the same guy who thinks Hoosier Guy is a source.

FWIW, there’s a per user block function. Allows you to scroll right past their posts without having to read them.

Thanks - sadly I’ve employed that function and lately I just end up scrolling through pages of the same five poster handles with hidden messages or end up reading them when they’re quoted anyway.

32 minutes ago, InArchWeTrust said:

I'll admit I have several pages left to get through and someone may have touched on this but I think Romeo's passiveness is part of the issue too.  So many time he will just give the ball up and just go stand in the corner.  I agree coaching should he telling him to be more aggressive but surely that has happened.  

Yeah, I really cannot believe that the coaching staff is telling Romeo to just go stand in the corner for entire possessions. It just does not make any sense to me. What coaching staff would have their best player be a decoy? It wouldn't make any sense. So I have to put some of the blame on Romeo too. If Brooks is looking at how Romeo is being used then hopefully he sees how passive Romeo can be and that he wouldn't have the same problem in Romeo's position. 

25 minutes ago, InArchWeTrust said:

I've been pretty critical of the IU offensive system this year. I don't think any coach can make these pieces into a good offense due to shooting limitations, but I know that good coaching could pull more out than Archie has to this point. And Romeo has definitely not been used well enough. He's not getting the ball in positions that set him up to score. A very simple offensive wrinkle would be to have Romeo run curl screens off Juwan in/near the paint on every possession. Romeo and Juwan are 2 of the best finishers at the rim in the Big 10. If either guy gets a quarter step on a defender, it's a bucket. This at least puts pressure on the defense and forces defensive movement and switching to get better matchups for our 2 best players...

That said, I only give coaching a portion of the blame. The rest falls on Romeo and his teammates. It's not the coaches' fault that he rarely moves without the ball. When a guy drives and kicks to Romeo, he always catches in a standstill, when he should be getting himself in position to catch that ball on the move and get to the hole. When he does that, he finds success. But he lets the defense have the advantage far too often. Romeo is also best as a slasher, but the fact that teams don't have to guard the 3 point line means that he's facing a lot more packed lanes, especially because Indiana's best player also plays in the post. The personnel on this team are basically the worst fit for Romeo's skill set.

As frustrating as this team, and Romeo's season, have been, I don't think teams can really use this as a knock in recruiting. It hasn't been great, but it's also not been bad. He's still a projected top 10 pick. He's not having the season the Duke freshmen are, but they're historical outliers. Look at Grimes and Nassir Little. Those guys were nearly as heralded and are having much more disappointing seasons.  

12 hours ago, mdn82 said:

Lol extremism at its finest in the last couple of pages. Go Keion!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Yea.  I've noticed both here and on another IU message board that the chronically most negative posters are out in all their glory. 

Thanks - sadly I’ve employed that function and lately I just end up scrolling through pages of the same five poster handles with hidden messages or end up reading them when they’re quoted anyway.

Haha - I know how that is. I wish it just hid the posts completely on the mobile app.

4 hours ago, InArchWeTrust said:

Romeo does need to be more aggressive. It starts with coaching though. All of you know I’m a big Archie supporter. I still think he’ll succeed. However, he hasn’t done a great job this year