Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SF Keion Brooks Jr. to Kentucky

9 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

IU is 1 of 3 teams that have a shot. As earlier as last week Snow called people out for people saying they had sources close to IU that were confident about brooks saying no coaching staff was confident because Brooks doesn’t know where he is going. If he chooses Kentucky it won’t be because he went at watched Kentucky blow out Tennessee and IU got steam rolled by Minny it will be because Kentucky was the best fit. So many more factors go into a decision of a recruit then the results of one game. If on court results were the most important factor wouldn’t of Cody went to butler or North Carolina instead of an IU team that lost way more then they won before he came to IU? IU lost to ISU, Fort Wayne and Rutgers last year but Romeo picked IU over Kansas even though in interviews he said a team competing for a national championship would be an important factor.
This year Anthony Edwards chose a team that is currently 1-11 in conference over Kentucky. Emotional fans react luckily recruits don’t. I have no clue where he ends up but I’m guessing we will know by the end of the month

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Perhaps Keion has been stringing things out and using IU as a back up plan in case UK got their primary targets.

That’s why I hate it when some pencil Brooks in the starting lineup for next season. Kid hasn’t even picked his school yet. Makes us look dumb. As I said yesterday cue the insiders changing their tune. Today Brooks not here coming now lol

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

VO5 They are still claiming that Rabjohns said that Brooks told the staff in response to a question from a poster. I have no idea if that is true or if Rabjohns knows what is going on.

False. They said on there that Rabby said IU was told that they aren’t out of this race yet.

19 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

False. They said on there that Rabby said IU was told that they aren’t out of this race yet.

No. Not false. Don’t shoot the messenger. Some guy (Hoosier 987) on the other site said that Rabjohns told a poster that Brooks told the coaches. That’s what I read and posted here. Other posters have subsequently disagreed with him. I have no idea what is going on but do know I won’t post what I read on another board again.

4 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

No. Not false. Don’t shoot the messenger. Some guy (Hoosier 987) on the other site said that Rabjohns told a poster that Brooks told the coaches. That’s what I read and posted here. Other posters have subsequently disagreed with him. I have no idea what is going on but do know I won’t post what I read on another board again.

Well what Rabby said was that Brooks has communicated with the coaches at IU today. He said that UK made a good impression but Brooks doesn't want to make a decision right after a game like that. It's still UK, MSU, and IU. Brooks hopes to have a decision by the end of the month but it's not set in stone. UK did make up a lot of ground though but that's not surprising since Cal is a salesman.  

Thanks for sharing and don't worry what people on here think. Nobody knows what is going on so it is important to get all information. Some say recruits dont care about on court performance but i think we are far passed simple poor play. I believe we are in such dysfunction that it would sway a recruit to go elsewhere. The coaching staff is under fire the fans are mad. This is ugly and is going to get worse imo.

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

Looks like Kentucky has picked up two crystal ball predictions away from IU today. Hope it’s just people guessing with the way both of our seasons are going in opposite directions.

Partly yes. UK is legit in this and has been for a while due to his father mainly. He just saw Kentucky beat the number 1 team when we have lost 10 of 11. Cal couldn’t have asked for a better time for him to visit. Archie is in year two and many are calling for his head. So there is the appearance of instability here. Part of why TJD and Armaan had to come out recently and dispel rumors. I am sure that was asked of them. This is where we are. Beyond this people are looking into things based on this stuff. If I had a guess based on what I knew and know now I would say UK but I am not sure how close we are to an end. I hope it’s IU. But UK has scared me for months due to what his old coaches said. Dad is pushing UK. He wasn’t sure of Archie’s ability to improve a one and done or turn someone into one. Does he have more ammo now? How would that ride back from Lexington be?

Nah. UK has been in this the whole time. I have been saying this for months.

You have been saying that since the beginning Kudos to you for sticking to it when others (including me)were saying differently. Still think it comes down how he sees himself fitting in each school. Not every recruit is a fit for Kentucky. Cal says it to everyone of his recruits during the process. 5 star recruiting was never going to be a cake walk.

You have been saying that since the beginning Kudos to you for sticking to it when others (including me)were saying differently. Still think it comes down how he sees himself fitting in each school. Not every recruit is a fit for Kentucky. Cal says it to everyone of his recruits during the process. 5 star recruiting was never going to be a cake walk.

Absolutely. I feel his personality fits more of a UK than an IU or MSU. I think that was his dads point. I think you saying personality fit is a better way of shaping this. He wants so desperately to be a one and done. He wants to be part of a fraternity to get himself to where he wants to be. LaLu is a good example. The players are close but most are not four year guys. It’s a place to improve ones self. That’s Kentucky. A family atmosphere would have been MSU. I honestly can’t say what IU is identity wise. But that is how those two schools sell themselves. I agree he has to have the mentality to fit at UK. But yesterday was a day to say through all of the screaming and cussing this is the end result of that. Then from there get drafted. It’s not over either way unless he says so, but yesterday was a very good recruiting day for them. Imo

1 minute ago, AKHoosier said:

If Romeo keeps having games where he's only getting 5 shots up, it'll be pretty easy to negatively recruit against this coaching staff for 5 stars.  That's what I worry about for future recruits, not just Keion Brooks.

Well I would just remind the recruits that if you want the ball you have to act like it

I thought this originally, but after looking into it more I disagree. Romeo's buddy Quentin Grimes is averaging 7.7 ppg on 7.3 shots per game at Kansas. He was the #8 recruit last year. Nassir Little, the #3 recruit last year, is averaging 9.6 ppg on 7.1 shots at North Carolina. He hasn't started a single game this year and is only averaging 18.5 mpg. Romeo has had some underwhelming games, but he hasn't been nearly as underwhelming as those other guys. The shots would be there for Keion next year if he wants them. 

Hopefully he wants em too. At first I was blaming Archie for not getting Romeo more involved but come on. You’re a top 5 recruit and a potential top ten pick, your team’s down 20 with the season pretty much on the line, and they’re struggling to score, you to have to demand the f****** ball. Someone’s gotta step up and be like this isn’t how we’re going down but that’s just absent which sucks.