Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SF Keion Brooks Jr. to Kentucky

I'd love for IU to get Keion. I still think IU would be the best fit for him. UK won't know who they are losing until April/May. Herro and Washington are borderline draft picks. If one or both return they'll be UK's best player with the freshmen they have coming in next year. Michigan State will have Winston, Langford, and Ward another year (that is scary). Not sure he starts on that team. 

10 hours ago, Red1 said:

So you guys are the professionals. I’m reading in different spots that some kids are taking notice of how quickly the fan base went south on this team and it’s affecting decision making. Now I have no idea if this holds water or not, but doesn’t sound so far fetched to me. So with that said, give me some opinions because a good part of the fans have been very vocal with their disappointment this year.

Thanks for the response. Just thought I would get opinions 

5 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Glass can’t save his skin anymore. He needs Allen and Archie to work out

Hate derailing this Brooks topic, but I thought that Allen and the football team showed improvement this season, just don't have the depth to hang with the big boys yet...Archie and the basketball team have regressed...A LOT. 

Romeo watched us lose to Rutgers, Indiana State, and IPFW right? He and TJD visited other schools after IU right? Even though this season has been a massive disappointment, Archie and Co. have given us no reason to worry when it comes to recruiting. Gotta trust the process

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I'm beginning to wonder if not getting Brooks might be better for the program in the long run.  Let's make an assumption that we're going to lose more than than 3 scholarship players and we've got a major roster overhaul coming, is Brooks the right player to bring in?  IMO, he fancies himself a 1 and done and if we're in an overhaul situation, is that the best for the long term?  Lots of speculation I know but something to think about.

6 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I'm beginning to wonder if not getting Brooks might be better for the program in the long run.  Let's make an assumption that we're going to lose more than than 3 scholarship players and we've got a major roster overhaul coming, is Brooks the right player to bring in?  IMO, he fancies himself a 1 and done and if we're in an overhaul situation, is that the best for the long term?  Lots of speculation I know but something to think about.

My question back to you is who the heck do we bring in if we lose out on Brooks? Hardly seems like anything is out there that we've been putting in work for. We put a lot of eggs in the Brooks basket. Seems like we are just now trying to jump back into the frey for some other '19 recruits. 

2 minutes ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

My question back to you is who the heck do we bring in if we lose out on Brooks? Hardly seems like anything is out there. We put a lot of eggs in the Brooks basket. Seems like we are just now trying to jump back into the frey for some other '19 recruits. 

Indeed.  The coaching staff has a big dilemma if Brooks doesn't commit. I definitely see 66's point: the program (culture or whatever you want to call it) needs to be built.  I don' t know how effectively you can do that with a revolving door.  Maybe Archie overestimated what he inherited and had coming in.  Maybe Brooks is a muti-year college player, IDK, but the eggs in one basket (for completing the '19 class) seems like a potential mistake.  Now if what has been suggested, that Brooks has been assuring the staff he' s coming, goes South then I can see a real sh*tstorm developing in the basketball office.

Nothing against Romeo, but he might have been the wrong player at the wrong time.

My question back to you is who the heck do we bring in if we lose out on Brooks? Hardly seems like anything is out there that we've been putting in work for. We put a lot of eggs in the Brooks basket. Seems like we are just now trying to jump back into the frey for some other '19 recruits. 
Grad transfers and juco

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

I don't think it's just a question of maybe not landing Brooks but the possibility of additional players leaving that we didn't anticipate and filling all the holes.  Who are you going to get to replace the unanticipated departures?  Lowering your sights on uncommitted players, JUCOs, grad transfers?   Rhetorical questions.  Brooks, Franklin and TJD would be a nice class, but they'll be freshmen and I'm not certain of the upperclassmen they'll be teaming up with.  Right now, I have a really bad feeling about next season regardless of landing Brooks or missing out.

2 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I don't think it's just a question of maybe not landing Brooks but the possibility of additional players leaving that we didn't anticipate and filling all the holes.  Who are you going to get to replace the unanticipated departures?  Lowering your sights on uncommitted players, JUCOs, grad transfers?   Rhetorical questions.  Brooks, Franklin and TJD would be a nice class, but they'll be freshmen and I'm not certain of the upperclassmen they'll be teaming up with.  Right now, I have a really bad feeling about next season regardless of landing Brooks or missing out.

I share the same worry. You talk about building a program and culture and that starts with getting the right recruits. We might have many more holes next season and actually take a further step back even with TJD and Franklin coming in because we may have to rip and replace pretty much everything above them. It could be ugly. 

Grad transfers and juco

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

No more grad transfers please. Also what good are players who will be here one or two years if this pack line takes that long to learn. Thats a recipe for failure again next year

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk