Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SF Keion Brooks Jr. to Kentucky

I find it hard to believe that Culver will be able to hang with them. Would be a monumental upset if a top-tier Indiana 3A team was able to play with a top 5 nationally prep school.

Games in OT. Culver missed 2 FT with 4 sec left to win it in regulation

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I hope I'm not the only one that watched this game tonight.  Brooks makes 1 of 2 FT with .8 sec remaining in OT and LaLu escapes with a 46 - 45 win over Culver Military Academy.  CMA had the opportunity to win it in regulation with Trey Galloway at the line to shoot 2 FT's with 4.1 sec. left but he missed them both.

I had Brooks with just 9 points on 4-13 FG's and 0-1 on 3's; and just 1-5 on FT but the one he made was a big one.  5 reb; 1 asst; 1 stl; 1 blk; 1 TO.  During the course of the game the announcers commented he was shooting 54% FG and 40% on his 3's for the season.

CMA played a very patient offense and those that want to see a shot clock in high school would not have liked tonight's game.  I think that CMA's slow pace on offense was a contributor to LaLu's offensive struggles.  

I’m don’t like done deal talk. I like it the night before or the day of college choice reveal when things leak out.

And if Brooks doesn’t pick us, I’m not blaming the fans. That’s who will get the blame. It will be because we did not play well enough to convince him fully or he was never an IU lean all along

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

It doesnt concern me too much that Brooks is visiting other schools. Let him visit, enjoy the process. I dont think it's a huge indication of anything.

That Culver game sounds incredible. Galloway will have to bounce back, that's tough. I was at the Carmel/ Warren Central game. Carmel jumped out early and stayed there. Carmel is very good. Their guards were aggressive. 

Let the Brooks thing play out. No reason to freak out.

4 hours ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

Not good. UK missing on all their top targets could be a disaster for IU. Brooks was quoted in saying he’s going where he’s needed, not just where he’s wanted. Well UK will need him after their top crop leave at seasons end and it’s gotta look better to him than the dumpster fire that is IU. 

IU will need him as much as anyone.

Not good. UK missing on all their top targets could be a disaster for IU. Brooks was quoted in saying he’s going where he’s needed, not just where he’s wanted. Well UK will need him after their top crop leave at seasons end and it’s gotta look better to him than the dumpster fire that is IU. 

I mean if I’m a HS prospect and could go any freaking where I wanted to go on his final list. Why would he not wanna go to UK? I mean seriously. I’ll be shocked if it’s IU honestly. I cannot stand UK either. Passionately hate them. Just being real though.
I’ll say this much Archie. Do what ya gotta do coach. Do what all the big boys are doing, idc. It happens everywhere, why not here? Just get it done, at all costs

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

It doesnt concern me too much that Brooks is visiting other schools. Let him visit, enjoy the process. I dont think it's a huge indication of anything.

That Culver game sounds incredible. Galloway will have to bounce back, that's tough. I was at the Carmel/ Warren Central game. Carmel jumped out early and stayed there. Carmel is very good. Their guards were aggressive. 

Let the Brooks thing play out. No reason to freak out.
You got it.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

So you guys are the professionals. I’m reading in different spots that some kids are taking notice of how quickly the fan base went south on this team and it’s affecting decision making. Now I have no idea if this holds water or not, but doesn’t sound so far fetched to me. So with that said, give me some opinions because a good part of the fans have been very vocal with their disappointment this year.

19 minutes ago, HoosierX said:

I'm sorry but I can't make myself care about this statement at all.  

If this was true Kentucky would never sign a recruit.

Fair Enough

3 hours ago, HoosierX said:

I'm sorry but I can't make myself care about this statement at all.  

If this was true Kentucky would never sign a recruit.

And to add to that, if Keion indeed makes it to the NBA, passionate and vocal fan bases will continue to be a thing for his entire career. If that's a problem for the family now....