Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SF Keion Brooks Jr. to Kentucky

I would love an explanation as to how two colleges become tied in a high school athlete's recruitment?  Is there some sort of scorekeeper?  If so, did this scorekeeper tell anyone whether Indiana had the lead and UK went on a rally to catch up or did it happen the other way around?

And I remember a couple months back there were several posters claiming with certainty he had already signed alongside TJD.  Was there some sort of trickery or wizardry?  Perhaps the use of invisible ink? 

No one has a clue except Keion...and maybe his family and tight circle.

Goodness... Sparty is bad, but if we end up losing him to UK this place is going to go nutzo....

Honestly that was the word from Fort Wayne months ago. I had posted that but others from Fort Wayne believed MSU. I think we are in a good spot, but UK scares me due to who wants him to go to UK.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I would love an explanation as to how two colleges become tied in a high school athlete's recruitment?  Is there some sort of scorekeeper?  If so, did this scorekeeper tell anyone whether Indiana had the lead and UK went on a rally to catch up or did it happen the other way around?
And I remember a couple months back there were several posters claiming with certainty he had already signed alongside TJD.  Was there some sort of trickery or wizardry?  Perhaps the use of invisible ink? 
No one has a clue except Keion...and maybe his family and tight circle.

His family talks. This isn’t a surprise.

3 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

His family talks. This isn’t a surprise.

What within my post is not a surprise?  

The fact that there is someone who knows which college leads at any point in time and can call it a tie because this person can tell when Keion's "feels" are perfectly equal for two schools?  That would be a surprise to me.  I doubt his family even knows what his final decision will be, as they seem to be tugging in two directions...and, it's quite possible Keion doesn't even know yet, as it's a major decision for an 18 year old kid to make.

Or, do you mean it's no surprise that people claimed he already signed with Indiana?  I would agree with this being no surprise.

I'm guessing you mean it's no surprise it's down to those two schools, which was not the question I was asking...although, I do appreciate your input.  It's his dad wanting him to enroll at UK and his mom wanting him to enroll at IU, correct?  Do you know the family, or have you just heard the rumors?  There are plenty of them flying around, which was my point in the previous post.

Again, many thanks!

38 minutes ago, ray said:

The fact that there is someone who knows which college leads at any point in time and can call it a tie because this person can tell when Keion's "feels" are perfectly equal for two schools?  That would be a surprise to me.  I doubt his family even knows what his final decision will be, as they seem to be tugging in two directions...and, it's quite possible Keion doesn't even know yet, as it's a major decision for an 18 year old kid to make.

Or, do you mean it's no surprise that people claimed he already signed with Indiana?  I would agree with this being no surprise.

I'm guessing you mean it's no surprise it's down to those two schools, which was not the question I was asking...although, I do appreciate your input.  It's his dad wanting him to enroll at UK and his mom wanting him to enroll at IU, correct?  Do you know the family, or have you just heard the rumors?  There are plenty of them flying around, which was my point in the previous post.

Again, many thanks!

So it is IU and UK. My info was correct? Wonder where that came from. 

So what is the administration supposed to do? Offer up! Fire CAM? Then who you going to get? Who in their right mind would want to come in somewhere and get less than 2 seasons before getting the possible axe if things aren't going the way that fans want. Seriously dude lol
No answer yet?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Honestly that was the word from Fort Wayne months ago. I had posted that but others from Fort Wayne believed MSU. I think we are in a good spot, but UK scares me due to who wants him to go to UK.

Haven’t followed much about his outside recruiting- is it Calipari you’re referring to about wanting him to go to UK?

Cal has whiffed on 4 straight recruits so now he's all over Keion as a last resort I've heard. Again I still think we're in the drivers seat thanks to TJD, Armaan, and Keion being so close and Keion being made a priority instead of a last resort. I remember Keion posting something cryptic on Twitter a little while ago saying "I'm going to go to whoever needs me, not who wants me..."

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Cal has whiffed on 4 straight recruits so now he's all over Keion as a last resort I've heard. Again I still think we're in the drivers seat thanks to TJD, Armaan, and Keion being so close and Keion being made a priority instead of a last resort. I remember Keion posting something cryptic on Twitter a little while ago saying "I'm going to go to whoever needs me, not who wants me..."

Well, in that case, IU definitely needs him much more than UK.

Who has cal whiffed on? Have not followed it.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, jbell833 said:

Not a tea leaves guy. But as cryptic tweets go, I can’t really imagine a much more positive one than that.

3 hours ago, jbell833 said:

I looked for this tweet on his timeline and couldn’t find it. Probably deleted, I’d guess

Again, many thanks!

No I do not know his family, but I am friends with a couple of his ex coaches. Which is why I said months ago this will come down to UK and IU. Dad wanted UK for his draft prospects for a long time. Keion at the time want IU and to play with TJD. Dad has had him hold off. This season has hard for IU and hasn’t exactly helped us here. I don’t know what percentages you speak of but there is nothing that deals with absolutes in recruiting until there is pen to paper.

11 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

No I do not know his family, but I am friends with a couple of his ex coaches. Which is why I said months ago this will come down to UK and IU. Dad wanted UK for his draft prospects for a long time. Keion at the time want IU and to play with TJD. Dad has had him hold off. This season has hard for IU and hasn’t exactly helped us here. I don’t know what percentages you speak of but there is nothing that deals with absolutes in recruiting until there is pen to paper.

First question...Does Keion fit at Indiana?  

Second question....do we want another player worried primarily about his draft prospects?

Third question....do we want a kid who looks at a season and runs away instead of wanting to be the reason it gets better?

I dunno'.  I'm sick of Noah Vonleh.  Thomas Bryant.  Romeo Langford.  I want Indiana Hoosiers...not minor league basketball players and a stack of talented players who will never be a team.