Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SF Keion Brooks Jr. to Kentucky

Seems like IU is in great position right now (anything can happen), but getting Trace you would think puts us in the driver’s seat. I doubt Romeo stays another year, but could you imagine having Trace, Brooks, Phinisee, and Romeo all together..... that would be amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I'll say it again...this kid is underrated. Kind of like Rob. Rob should have been a 80-100 type of recruit. I think Keion is top 15. Nothing against Trayce but I think Keion is better and could be a one and done. I think he commits before Christmas. The trio of Rob, Keion, and TJD puts us in a very good position. The one key is developing players. The was a problem in the past regime.Al and Justin have to continue getting better. I hope Jerome can come back healthy. Don't expect Romeo...Damezi and Jake are going to have to have a good role off the bench for this team. They aren't playing a lot and in the past players like that would give up and transfer (Remy, AE, Stan) and contribute at other places. 

Yeah, Keion is a stud.  Much more of a facilitator that what he gets credit for.  Highlight videos showing a dunk through the lane or whatever are fun, but don't really show the impact he has out there.  Keion is definitely not a post player, but both he and Archie like passing out of the post, so I'd expect to see him utilized there.  We'll have talent for sure.  I saw the info from jbell about De'Ron possibly graduating early.  Trayce won't be enough to cover for Juwan and De'Ron in there, so I really hope Race can get back.  We could stand to get another big immovable object to play in there.  

Others have said it, but Keion might be the best interview I've seen.  

Why are people writing off Damezi?  He's a talent, too.  With Evan's minutes declining, I wouldn't be too surprised if he gets in there more.  

3 hours ago, iuswingman said:

Damezi has looks pretty bad pretty much every time I have seen him play.   Hopefully once he gets more comfortable in the system, he will look better.

Yep, he's looked like a Freshman. The bar has been raised with the pUKe & Dook one & done mercenaries, but normal kids (that don't get paid big $$'s for their school choice) usually still have to develop and might not be ready for prime time for a year or 2. Another reason why all the injuries this season suck- Damezi &/or Jake could have red-shirted. 

I never expected him to contribute much at all this year. His national ranking seems about right to me and he should not be part of the rotation this year. For that matter fitzner should never leave the bench either unless we are in dire need for threes at the end of a game.

Damezi has looks pretty bad pretty much every time I have seen him play.   Hopefully once he gets more comfortable in the system, he will look better.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Yeah, Keion is a stud.  Much more of a facilitator that what he gets credit for.  Highlight videos showing a dunk through the lane or whatever are fun, but don't really show the impact he has out there.  Keion is definitely not a post player, but both he and Archie like passing out of the post, so I'd expect to see him utilized there.  We'll have talent for sure.  I saw the info from jbell about De'Ron possibly graduating early.  Trayce won't be enough to cover for Juwan and De'Ron in there, so I really hope Race can get back.  We could stand to get another big immovable object to play in there.  

Others have said it, but Keion might be the best interview I've seen.  

Why are people writing off Damezi?  He's a talent, too.  With Evan's minutes declining, I wouldn't be too surprised if he gets in there more.  
Brooks will pop this week. Bank it. Anderson is not going to get more minutes and archie has kind of settled in on a rotation without him and fitzner. Why would you even want them playing more? They are massive liabilities.

Great, I'll dump that in the same bucket as the rest of your insight, such as:

"I always wanted mack. He wil [sic] be a stud coach." -- posted during the UofL game while we were losing.
"Rob just kills us many times." -- posted towards the end of the UofL game, before Rob won the game for us (again).
"No reason the [sic] schedule such tough games in the presrason [sic]. We loss [sic] them amyway [sic]."  -- posted during the UofL game, before we won it
You honestly took the time to copy my posts from saturday? Wow.

Mack will be a stud coach. I take it you think different.

Rob does kill us many times with stupid unforced turnovers. I take it you think he plays flawless with zero mistakes because he made some threes. His mistakes did not costs us in this game. Louisville had some terrible turnovers to even it out. That wont be the case when we go to michigan.

Nobody is knocking them. Just stating they will not be in the rotation. There are only so many minutes to go around. Why play somebody who is not ready?

Love how we're knocking on players that have been with our team for only roughly 4/5 months and we've written them off as if there's no room for improvement for them over the course of the rest of the season...

29 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

Great, I'll dump that in the same bucket as the rest of your insight, such as:

"I always wanted mack. He wil [sic] be a stud coach." -- posted during the UofL game while we were losing.

"Rob just kills us many times." -- posted towards the end of the UofL game, before Rob won the game for us (again).

"No reason the [sic] schedule such tough games in the presrason [sic]. We loss [sic] them amyway [sic]."  -- posted during the UofL game, before we won it

I believe it was said that Rob does not have a good iq. Which is ludicrous! 

1 hour ago, Bailey7878 said:

You honestly took the time to copy my posts from saturday? Wow.

Mack will be a stud coach. I take it you think different.

Rob does kill us many times with stupid unforced turnovers. I take it you think he plays flawless with zero mistakes because he made some threes. His mistakes did not costs us in this game. Louisville had some terrible turnovers to even it out. That wont be the case when we go to michigan.

Phinisee is a true freshman, he makes mistakes and I've always said he was going to.  He's also the best choice we have at point and has proven that.

31 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

Help me understand.  He "kills us" with stupid, unforced turnovers?"    He has 19 on the season.   Not even 2 per game; and he plays 28 minutes every game.   Indiana would have lost to Duke if he had zero TO's that night.  In the other game IU lost, he had zero turnovers.    (By the way, he had zero in each Big Ten game, also) So how does he "kill us?"    Every college player turns the ball over.   Green has 2 fewer turnovers in 86 fewer minutes.  Juwon Morgan has 2 MORE turnovers and handles the ball far less.  Langford also has more turnovers.

I don't know what you're really trying to say, but Phinisee's TO's are pretty normal and average in the overall scheme of things.   Given what we've seen in recent years, I'll take a freshman point guard with a 1.9:1 A/TO ratio.  Especially when he also averages almost 3 RPG and shoots 41% from the 3-point arc.

He has not "killed us" at all and his mistakes have not "cost us" yet.  Every team and every player turns the ball over.  His numbers aren't outstanding in any way as it relates to TO's.  Why single him out?

Post of the day!