Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SF Keion Brooks Jr. to Kentucky

12 minutes ago, jbell833 said:

Someone needs to save this post for next year...we'll be preseason Top 10 next year and will be MUCH better than the team we have now...especially if Hunter is actually healthy. Next year is going to be REAL FUN and we are gonna be REALLY GOOD! TJD and Brooks would start on this team RIGHT NOW easy.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

But we will lose 2 starters....

But we will lose 2 starters....

Maybe...there's a 1% chance Romeo stays! If what I've heard about Romeo telling Brooks and TJD he'd stay are true then he's staying if he's a man of his word. Again, I don't think he stays but this is what I've been told from someone close to the camp...so far they've been spot on with everything. When Brooks announces this week, it'll just add more credibility.

1 minute ago, jbell833 said:

Maybe...there's a 1% chance Romeo stays! If what I've heard about Romeo telling Brooks and TJD he'd stay are true then he's staying if he's a man of his word. Again, I don't think he stays but this is what I've been told from someone close to the camp...

I don’t think it’s a long shot. Romeo hosted Keion on his OV and went to TJD’s first game as an IU commit. Romeo is obviously intrigued by the prospect of playing with talented in-state recruits. We’ll see

9 hours ago, jbell833 said:

Maybe...there's a 1% chance Romeo stays! If what I've heard about Romeo telling Brooks and TJD he'd stay are true then he's staying if he's a man of his word. Again, I don't think he stays but this is what I've been told from someone close to the camp...so far they've been spot on with everything. When Brooks announces this week, it'll just add more credibility.

I really can't remember the source, but even before he had committed to IU, I had heard somewhere that Romeo wanted to play college ball for two years. I agree it's a long shot, but doesn't seem out of the realm of possibilities.

10 hours ago, HoosierDYT said:

I think you present a valid point but...

PG: Rob - SO

SG: Al - JR

SF: Brooks - FR

PF: Smith - JR

C: TJD - FR

If you add in a grad transfer that plays PF/PG/SG, we actually have pretty decent experience with 5 star talent. That's what people on this board have been advocating for.  And then if we get a sophomore leap from one of our freshman or current sophomores, we could be damn good. We haven't seen Hunter or Race yet, and considering where Clifton and Jake started, they could both make sizable jumps. 

swap out Smith with hunter. Hunter is too talented to come off bench 

swap out Smith with hunter. Hunter is too talented to come off bench 

I hope you’re right. My expectations for Hunter are much lower than everyone else’s because I watched him a lot in high school and he’s more raw than people realize. He should be a great player eventually, but just how quickly is the question.

Someone needs to save this post for next year...we'll be preseason Top 10 next year and will be MUCH better than the team we have now...especially if Hunter is actually healthy. Next year is going to be REAL FUN and we are gonna be REALLY GOOD! TJD and Brooks would start on this team RIGHT NOW easy.

As good as Brooks and TJD are, they aren’t as good as Romeo and Morgan. So, where are we getting better? This assumes other players make big leaps which could happen but we didn’t see it from 17 to 18

1 hour ago, MikeRoberts said:

As good as Brooks and TJD are, they aren’t as good as Romeo and Morgan. So, where are we getting better? This assumes other players make big leaps which could happen but we didn’t see it from 17 to 18

They won't be next year. Maybe as Sophomores or Juniors. That is why Rob, Al, Justin, Jake, Damezi, and Jerome are so important. They have to get better so we don't rely on two freshmen next year. 

Lottery pick or not, it’s not as if there’s not a precedent for top talent staying for sophomore year. Obviously Bridges and Zeller come to mind and it seems to me that Romeo appears to have good relationships with the incoming class. I’ve seen much crazier happenings than the idea of Romeo forgoing the draft. Test the waters but not hire an agent.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Lottery pick or not, it’s not as if there’s not a precedent for top talent staying for sophomore year. Obviously Bridges and Zeller come to mind and it seems to me that Romeo appears to have good relationships with the incoming class. I’ve seen much crazier happenings than the idea of Romeo forgoing the draft. Test the waters but not hire an agent.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners
Im sorry but you guys are delusional. There is no way he is coming back for a 2nd year. Enjoy him while you can.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, Bailey7878 said:

Im sorry but you guys are delusional. There is no way he is coming back for a 2nd year. Enjoy him while you can.

No one really expects him to stay. Even the people who think he might know that there's a like 2-3% chance that he stays. They're just not saying that it's impossible like you are. That doesn't make anyone delusional. 

I would say there's a close to 0% chance that he stays. But, I honestly think it's something he should consider. He has aspects of his game that still need work. Right now there's a clear difference between the top tier of 2019 prospects and him. 

No one really expects him to stay. Even the people who think he might know that there's a like 2-3% chance that he stays. They're just not saying that it's impossible like you are. That doesn't make anyone delusional. 
I would say there's a close to 0% chance that he stays. But, I honestly think it's something he should consider. He has aspects of his game that still need work. Right now there's a clear difference between the top tier of 2019 prospects and him. 
I would say there is a half percentage point he comes back. His buddy garland just blew out his knee and most of these guys dont want to risk that by coming back. I would say its almost impossible he comes back.

12 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Here is where recent mocks have him:

Big Lead #4

SI #5

Action Network #6

NBA Draft Net #11

Draft Site #13

If he improves his three point shooting (which I think he will) no way he falls out of the top ten. Only way I can see him coming back is if he is told he's a borderline lottery pick. 

Unrelated note- Why is Nassir Little still so high? He has done nothing compared to Romeo. And Frankie boy wants to b**ch about how Archie uses Romeo? Give me a break. 

1 hour ago, Bailey7878 said:

I would say there is a half percentage point he comes back. His buddy garland just blew out his knee and most of these guys dont want to risk that by coming back. I would say its almost impossible he comes back.

Garland didn't "blow out his knee". He tore his meniscus. That's an injury you can come back from in a couple months. 

How many one and done types have actually had their careers altered or ruined by injuries they suffer in college? I always hear about the injury risk, but how often does it happen? I can't think of any off the type of my head. Football, sure, but with modern medicine it's still not the risk it once was. Jaylon Smith suffered one of the worst knee injuries we've seen in recent years and a few years later he's starting for the Cowboys. 

Garland didn't "blow out his knee". He tore his meniscus. That's an injury you can come back from in a couple months. 
How many one and done types have actually had their careers altered or ruined by injuries they suffer in college? I always hear about the injury risk, but how often does it happen? I can't think of any off the type of my head. Football, sure, but with modern medicine it's still not the risk it once was. Jaylon Smith suffered one of the worst knee injuries we've seen in recent years and a few years later he's starting for the Cowboys. 
So what you are saying is we may see romeo shooting threes for IU next season.

25 minutes ago, Bailey7878 said:

So what you are saying is we may see romeo shooting threes for IU next season.

Sure, why not? It's a possibility. People didn't think we'd get Romeo in the first place, we did. People didn't think we'd get TJD, we did. People didn't think we'd get Keion, it sounds like we did. Is thinking Romeo might stay for a second year that much crazier than thinking six months ago that we'd end up with both TJD and Brooks?

Sure, why not? It's a possibility. People didn't think we'd get Romeo in the first place, we did. People didn't think we'd get TJD, we did. People didn't think we'd get Keion, it sounds like we did. Is thinking Romeo might stay for a second year that much crazier than thinking six months ago that we'd end up with both TJD and Brooks?
Then i guess ill movr it up to a 7% chance

Hey, Bridges by all accounts should’ve left after one year as well. He stayed for personal reasons. It’s not out of the realm of possibility. Zeller stays an extra year and goes in the 4 spot in the draft. A second year could appeal to Romeo personally and also be a better draft class for him to go in. It’s not delusional to think something that has happened many times before will happen again.

Then i guess ill movr it up to a 7% chance

Why move it up? What’s your opinion on Romeo coming back? I’m guessing you have your own thoughts and don’t need others to influence your own opinion