Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SF Keion Brooks Jr. to Kentucky

What local media? I haven’t seen or heard anything? The only thing I have seen was the article when their open gym opened up recently.

After eight seasons under Shabaz Khaliq's leadership, the North Side boys basketball team has a new man in charge.
Gary Andrews, who led the Saint Francis womens basketball team to a NAIA title, held his first organized team event as the Legends head coach Tuesday night in By Hey Arena.
The new North Side coach believes his team has a lot skills they can use to have a successful season in his debut season as a boys basketball coach.
ADVERTISEMENT

"I think the big thing is we want [the team] to play hard all the time, play as a team, have fun," said Andrews. "We're going to have athleticism and we're going to need to try to use our speed. Use our quickness to be good defensively, get on the break, get down the floor, those are the big things we need to work on."
Andrews inherits a team led by division one recruit Keion Brooks Jr., who believes his new head coach can lead the Legends to state.
"I pride myself on being a winner and i pride myself on winning," said Brooks. "With him having that championship pedigree, we should be like two peas in a pod and be able to get it done."
In addition to having a new head coach, the Legends also have a brand new court at By Hey Arena.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I listen to local sports talk radio driving home every night. The host loves IU but supports all local teams and state universities. He talked about North Side all season and a lot during the riff. Also interviewed Shabaz after he took new job.

2 hours ago, mdn82 said:

What local media? I haven’t seen or heard anything? The only thing I have seen was the article when their open gym opened up recently.

I believe the reference was intended for last January's snit fit when Brooks sat out a couple of games.  That storyline starts on January 21, on page 27.

I believe the reference was intended for last January's snit fit when Brooks sat out a couple of games.  That storyline starts on January 21, on page 27.

Gotcha. He sounded pretty complimentary of who they hired lately. He has been on the news lately. Haven’t heard any interviews of his dad lately locally.

Local sports take today.

He has no inside scoop but he isn’t happy with the decision and mostly blames dad. He has always had that take. He doesn’t know what Keion can gain by the decision but he ignores that he will get national spotlight games.

He said if he was going to do this he should have announced earlier to respect the new head coach and then they wouldn’t have scheduled North Side vs Southport in that Classic.

Idk, I see it as Brooks trying to increase his name and brand to better his NBA chances.

Not my favorite move as I liked how Romeo handles it, but I don’t hate it either.

I’ll report back as he will talk about it all week I’m guessing. He’s big time local sports and supports them over anything so his opinion is predictable.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I’m telling you, the local media isn’t helping themselves in this one.

IMG_0961.thumb.jpg.ec76d882804022a2419d87215bb1f70e.jpg

I personally know 2 of the people making comments in the actual News Sentinel article. Regardless of motive, leave the kid alone.

Parental neglect? Seems like the opposite

What does this mean for his recruitment? Isn’t IU on Stewart’s radar too although he’s a heavy lean to the ACC? Hopefully Archie stays in the mix...

Historically it’s terrible for Indiana and great for Michigan State.

Fortunately with Archie we are able to be different. Time will tell if Archie can get LaLu kids. I’d say it favors MSU and UK slightly but maybe not.

Good Luck Archie wading in these waters.

Disappointed. Don't really understand what he has to gain since he is already on track for all the offers he could want and to be a possible McDonald's All-American. I'd rather he transfer to a local parochial school and still compete in the state tournament.

No Redskin Mr. Basketball or State Championship. Probably end up at MSU or Kentucky next.

Disappointed. Don't really understand what he has to gain since he is already on track for all the offers he could want and to be a possible McDonald's All-American. I'd rather he transfer to a local parochial school and still compete in the state tournament.
No Redskin Mr. Basketball or State Championship. Probably end up at MSU or Kentucky next.

Better competition on a daily basis, improved coaching and development to get him ready for the next level(s), chance to play more top level players from all over the country during the season, easier transition to college life.

That’s what this is about, it has nothing to do with offers or any of that. KBJ could probably go to any school he wanted if he showed interest. This is about him wanting to get better and prepare for the future more.

5 hours ago, Iugradman said:

IU has a good relationship with the La Lu staff. Crean is not here anymore. The fact that Stewart has already visited twice shows the La Lu staff has no problem with IU so Brooks going there won’t hurt our chances.

Just the fact of having Archie gives IU a chance with any recruit