Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SF Keion Brooks Jr. to Kentucky

30 minutes ago, Iubravos said:

When will our first 2019 recruit pop?  Do we still think we might get 1 or 2 soon after Romeo?

I've said all along their will be a domino effect. I thought about this today. What if the reason the 2019 guys like TJD have been waiting because they don't want to take any attention away from Romeo's commitment? After all TJD is good friends with Romeo so this could make sense. 

3 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

I've said all along their will be a domino effect. I thought about this today. What if the reason the 2019 guys like TJD have been waiting because they don't want to take any attention away from Romeo's commitment? After all TJD is good friends with Romeo so this could make sense. 

Hope that to be true.  I wonder why Brooks is telling/calling coaches that he is wide open now.  Him and TJD play on the same AAU team.  You would think he would be more willing to commit then be pushing IU away, especially if TJD is ready to commit.  Thought we might get a Brooks verbal after the Romeo domino effect.  Now I would say it's not looking that way if it's true he's wide open.  Sounds like he might of got some info he didn't like.  Just seems like weird timing.

1 minute ago, Iubravos said:

Hope that to be true.  I wonder why Brooks is telling/calling coaches that he is wide open now.  Him and TJD play on the same AAU team.  You would think he would be more willing to commit then be pushing IU away, especially if TJD is ready to commit.  Thought we might get a Brooks verbal after the Romeo domino effect.  Now I would say it's not looking that way if it's true he's wide open.  Sounds like he might of got some info he didn't like.  Just seems like weird timing.

Something tells me there is more to the story than him just calling coaches telling them to recruit him. That's not normal for a top 40 recruit.

Just now, Iugradman said:

There was never any indication Brooks was going to quickly verbal to IU after Romeo’s decision. Everything I read was that he was in no rush to make a decision.

He was always the recruit that I felt would drag his recruitment out the longest besides maybe Hurt.

There’s this thing called due diligence and I think that’s what you can call what the Brooks family is doing. They are obviously very high on IU, but that doesn’t mean they aren’t going to see what else is offered out there. I don’t think that rumor is really a negative

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

23 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

There was never any indication Brooks was going to quickly verbal to IU after Romeo’s announcement. Everything I read was that he was in no rush to make a decision.

I will say that what Rabby told you in chat last night was not correct. Rick Brolus did not misunderstand anything. I was told the same thing by the same person. Doesn't mean we lead for all three but we are in good position. Now that person had other things to say about one of those 5 stars today but that's all I'm going to say for now. 

11 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I will say that what Rabby told you in chat last night was not correct. Rick Brolus did not misunderstand anything. I was told the same thing by the same person. Doesn't mean we lead for all three but we are in good position. Now that person had other things to say about one of those 5 stars today but that's all I'm going to say for now. 

Don't be a tease Chris!!! lol thanks for all you do.

1 minute ago, reconmkd said:

Don't be a tease Chris!!! lol thanks for all you do.

Not trying to be, just trying to be careful with my words. But I saw IUgradman say something in chat and Rabby tell him it was wrong. But I what Rick Brolus said was true and I have no idea who Rick is but I was told the same thing by the same person I believe. 

Just now, Chris007 said:

Not trying to be, just trying to be careful with my words. But I saw IUgradman say something in chat and Rabby tell him it was wrong. But I what Rick Brolus said was true and I have no idea who Rick is but I was told the same thing by the same person I believe. 

I was in chat last night I remember that name but don’t remember much else about it....smh

3 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Just messing with ya, I know you have to be careful in what you say.

If it truly comes down to either Watford or Brooks, I want Watford
These forums are well known to the families of these players also. It makes me wonder sometimes if the trepidation on some parts are related to what is discussed here. I, if Brooks, would have to wonder how much I'm wanted, when the discussions are Watford vs Brooks vs TJD.

Sent from my SM-G930P using BtownBanners mobile app

6 minutes ago, MoyeNeeded said:

These forums are well known to the families of these players also. It makes me wonder sometimes if the trepidation on some parts are related to what is discussed here. I, if Brooks, would have to wonder how much I'm wanted, when the discussions are Watford vs Brooks vs TJD.

Sent from my SM-G930P using BtownBanners mobile app

Interesting indeed. I still think IU could take both

Well....they are all fantastic players. 

However, I find the interaction of multiple, in some ways similarly-situated players jockeying for a limited number of IU scholarships really interesting. They would all be great additions.

What really matters is what the IU staff thinks and how they are communicating their interest to recruits.