Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SF Keion Brooks Jr. to Kentucky

After tonight's performance you have to wonder if this is why he's been waiting.

Haha, yes he’s waiting to commit because we got beat by Nebraska at home while playing terrible. Romeo was waiting to see if we could beat Rutgers in the BTT before he committed.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

13 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Haha, yes he’s waiting to commit because we got beat by Nebraska at home while playing terrible. Romeo was waiting to see if we could beat Rutgers in the BTT before he committed.

Not what I meant at all, maybe he's wanting to see more of Archie's coaching, tonight's display was unimpressive. What from Archie's coaching lately has you sold? 

Not what I meant at all, maybe he's wanting to see more of Archie's coaching, tonight's display was unimpressive. What from Archie's coaching lately has you sold? 

Be patient, I know I know people said this with Crean.

Story time...
I had a boss who was “cool” with all who worked for him. He held our nose to the grindstone but did so much for us that we were willing to work hard and reap the rewards. He left and the next boss was detached and couldn’t care less what we did. It was awesome for the people that abused it because the boss didn’t like confrontation. He cycled out and we got a new boss that kicked our backside into high gear whether we liked it or not. A good friend and roommate of mine wanted to kill the dude. We got the shop humming along but paid for it with extra time and “mandatory fun.” Life was terrible for some and bad for everyone else and then... the “big picture” was revealed. People went from hating to go into work to showing up early so they could complete their work and training in order to get off early to go to the beach. People started asking when we were going to have our “mandatory fun.” People started liking each other again. The shop was getting things done and people were having more time off. Crazy concept.

The point is there is still a culture shift going on. When I see the camera move to Archie I see him puzzled as to why people are still doing stupid stuff. I don’t think that was the same at Dayton. Why? Because they knew the standard and lived up to it without having to be carried along. It takes time. It sucks. Nobody is happy. However, there’s a light at the end of the tunnel. That light starts with recruiting better players that are brought into a system with upperclassmen that set that standard. There are better days ahead and I believe Archie will be here for a long time and many here will be happy he was hired.

Getting Jackson-Davis and Brooks will help but that won’t cure all ills. Smith, Phinisee, Durham, and Green will need to take on leadership roles to take a step forward next season.

45 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Be patient, I know I know people said this with Crean.

Story time...
I had a boss who was “cool” with all who worked for him. He held our nose to the grindstone but did so much for us that we were willing to work hard and reap the rewards. He left and the next boss was detached and couldn’t care less what we did. It was awesome for the people that abused it because the boss didn’t like confrontation. He cycled out and we got a new boss that kicked our backside into high gear whether we liked it or not. A good friend and roommate of mine wanted to kill the dude. We got the shop humming along but paid for it with extra time and “mandatory fun.” Life was terrible for some and bad for everyone else and then... the “big picture” was revealed. People went from hating to go into work to showing up early so they could complete their work and training in order to get off early to go to the beach. People started asking when we were going to have our “mandatory fun.” People started liking each other again. The shop was getting things done and people were having more time off. Crazy concept.

The point is there is still a culture shift going on. When I see the camera move to Archie I see him puzzled as to why people are still doing stupid stuff. I don’t think that was the same at Dayton. Why? Because they knew the standard and lived up to it without having to be carried along. It takes time. It sucks. Nobody is happy. However, there’s a light at the end of the tunnel. That light starts with recruiting better players that are brought into a system with upperclassmen that set that standard. There are better days ahead and I believe Archie will be here for a long time and many here will be happy he was hired.

Getting Jackson-Davis and Brooks will help but that won’t cure all ills. Smith, Phinisee, Durham, and Green will need to take on leadership roles to take a step forward next season.

Agreed overall but I think Archie needs to get better too. I get the being loyal to your guys but Fitz is giving us nothing and he’s not even an investment in the future. Damezi, Moore or Forrester should be getting his minutes because A) They couldn’t do worse B) They may learn something useful in the coming years 

Archie is going to have to find a way to drag this team to the tourney. And same with next year. And that’s going to require players to develop. Al was the only person I think that is noticeably and consistently better. That can’t be, 1 out of 3 freshman making a leap won’t do it. 

1 minute ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Smith has demonstrated real growth even within this season. He’s just not a stat stuffer or scorer so it’s not as eye catching.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

He’s grown within both of his seasons. But not sure how much growth has occurred overall. Dude was a borderline stud at the end of last season.

Brian Snow of 247 was on kent Sterling today and said that next week everyone should expect to hear Brooks’ decision and that all four of the finalists (UNC, Michigan St, Kentucky, and Indiana) seem to be neck and neck.

Just now, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Think about how JBJ was attacked for his defensive weaknesses and yet his brother is on the current team albeit as a walk-on.

This is true, but families take things in diff ways. I don’t think it will impact his decision, but you never know