Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SF Keion Brooks Jr. to Kentucky

1 hour ago, AKHoosier said:

Yeah for being labeled a "scorer", he unfortunately doesn't shoot too well yet.

I love Romeo as much as everyone else, but wonder if he'll fall in the draft if he doesn't improve his 3P% of 21% and FT% of 69%.  Yikes.

Hopefully Romeo coming back for a 2nd year wouldn't hurt our image with top recruits, but I just love the idea of throwing him in at the 2 in a lineup with Trayce and Brooks.

Keion at the 3 with Romeo at the 2 and TJD down low would be so incredible.

That is a legitimate concern, but Duke, UK, and KU have all had instances where a top 10 player came in and didn't do well and it doesn't seem to hurt them at all. Granted they have more instances of success, but I don't think players will hold it against IU. Also, say he comes back for a sophomore season like Miles Bridges and has a Naismith like season and still gets drafted in the top ten. That would still show IU's ability to develop players.

Edit: didn't realize other people already commented on this. Sorry for contributing to the derailment!

2 hours ago, jbell833 said:

Like I've said before, from what I've heard is that TJD and Keion were being recruited as if Romeo was returning (Romeo being the one telling them he'd come back to play with them). We also wouldn't have to have any transfers with De'Ron graduating early this year as well.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

tenor.gif?itemid=5610222

Brooks, TJD, Phinisee all Indiana guys all playing together? That sounds like a team with potential for amazing chemistry and synergy.

I think Romeo leaves if we finish the year strong, show up in the tourney and he obviously does well. Potential to return though I think if he plateaus from here on out and we either don’t make the tourney or we slip in and exit early.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

6 hours ago, Hoosier Guy said:

I’ve said all along that Romeo returning isn’t far fetched. He’s obviously intrigued by the prospect of playing with all of these Indiana players. That’d be awesome

Romeo is not your typical 5 star kid. I wouldnt be suprised if he returns to play with Brooks and TJD

37 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Romeo is not your typical 5 star kid. I wouldnt be suprised if he returns to play with Brooks and TJD

If he returns, I think it'll be to work on his defense and jump shot with this being icing on the cake.

7 hours ago, Hoosier Guy said:

I’ve said all along that Romeo returning isn’t far fetched. He’s obviously intrigued by the prospect of playing with all of these Indiana players. That’d be awesome

He was also quoted as saying that he really enjoys being able to go out without being bothered. I believe he specifically talked about how he's only been stopped by students a couple times on campus and doesn't have to sign autographs for hours after each game.

At the beginning of the year, I didn't think there was any possibility of him coming back. However, he's slowly starting to slide down the draft boards and I think it would be in his best interest to return if we land Brooks. Romeo pretty much gets to the rim at will as is and those guys would make the lanes wider. He's underrated as a passer IMO and his assist numbers would pop with guys like Brooks and TJD to dump off to. And his shooting percentages are misleading because his form isn't broken. One off-season working on his jump shot and I think we see a dramatic increase in his percentages. If all of those things were to happen, I think he'd finally realize he can take over any game he wants and we'd see a 22/8/6 type of player that ends up going in the first 3 spots. Oh, and he gets another year of peace before the NBA circus begins.

10 hours ago, Bigred3588 said:

However, he's slowly starting to slide down the draft boards and I think it would be in his best interest to return if we land Brooks. 

Lol, no. There's nothing worse on these kinds of boards than fans acting like they know what's in a player's best interest... particularly when it is so obviously what is in the fan's best interests.

1 hour ago, sixseis said:

Lol, no. There's nothing worse on these kinds of boards than fans acting like they know what's in a player's best interest... particularly when it is so obviously what is in the fan's best interests.

Which is why I said I THINK it's in his best interest. It's my opinion. Frankly, I don't really care that much either way. I'll enjoy watching him play this year and I'd enjoy watching him next year, but i'll still watch regardless of whether he comes back. I just think he signs a more lucrative rookie contract if he stays another year.

3 minutes ago, Bigred3588 said:

Which is why I said I THINK it's in his best interest. It's my opinion. Frankly, I don't really care that much either way. I'll enjoy watching him play this year and I'd enjoy watching him next year, but i'll still watch regardless of whether he comes back. I just think he signs a more lucrative rookie contract if he stays another year.

He loses career earnings by coming back an extra year. The quicker he goes to the draft, the quicker he gets his second contract. Coming back won’t do anything for him

9 minutes ago, VO5 said:

He loses career earnings by coming back an extra year. The quicker he goes to the draft, the quicker he gets his second contract. Coming back won’t do anything for him

I doubt Cody feels like he's going to be poor now, because he came back for a 2nd year.

10 minutes ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

I doubt Cody feels like he's going to be poor now, because he came back for a 2nd year.

I didn’t say he would be poor, I said he would lose out on career earnings.

Cody is not Romeo.

39 minutes ago, VO5 said:

Yeah but will his career be longer or will his body just wear out sooner?  And with the way NBA contract have been lately might be best to delay your second contract as long as possible.