Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SF Keion Brooks Jr. to Kentucky

2 minutes ago, HoosierX said:

I've long had this opinion. It's part of the reason Crean was thought of as such a great recruiter. We had huge turnover and large classes.

It also fueled the whole "you can win championships without great recruiting ala Villanova." Villanova always recruited quality players but also had small class sizes.

Clemson in cfb is another example. Frequent classes ranked either outside the top 10 or just cracking it, yet they are a dominant force. Class quality with less attrition is huge. 

https://247sports.com/college/indiana/Season/2019-Basketball/Commits/Preview/

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Basketball/CompositeTeamRankings/

The first link is the class calculator, the second is the team rankings. As someone mentioned above, they take number of commits into account

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

The reason we will only be at 13 even with 2 five stars is because how low Franklin is ranked. Right now he’s ranked behind at least one person who can’t even play this season.

That's not totally correct. You could add two more armaan franklins and our ranking would improve.

Only having 3 is a big reason we would be at 13

5 hours ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

Yeah, I went and looked. I guess I don’t really understand the logic there. Example Michigan is ranked higher than us with two 4 star guys. Wouldn’t one five star and one four star be better than that?? Size shouldn’t matter either really. I mean, would you rather have two five star guys or 4 three star guys? I think quality is more impactful than quantity. 

You'd  think simple math would work. Total # of stars divided by # of players 

You'd  think simple math would work. Total # of stars divided by # of players 

Yeah but then a class with only one 5 star would technically be better than a class with two five stars and a four. There’s no real good way to do it I guess.

17 minutes ago, Calipari said:

Yeah but then a class with only one 5 star would technically be better than a class with two five stars and a four. There’s no real good way to do it I guess.

Agree