Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SF Keion Brooks Jr. to Kentucky

He might’ve already been secretly signed too

Honestly I think so. I am not the conspiracy theory type but just the way they have both been in interviews today and Brooks parents both tweeting TJD. Like look at both of their faces when asked about the other. You feel like they know something we don’t.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, mdn82 said:

Honestly I think so. I am not the conspiracy theory type but just the way they have both been in interviews today and Brooks parents both tweeting TJD. Like look at both of their faces when asked about the other. You feel like they know something we don’t.

It lends credence to the cancelled MSU visit. Someone mentioned earlier that Keion could’ve already been signed with IU at the time. Definitely plausible considering TJD was at the time as well. If so, these two and IU did a great job keeping this on the down low

I wish we could see the entire interview. What was said and shared sounds very promising, but was there more? I went to MikeWritesSports and that’s all that is shared. 

The next time I see an interview with KBJ I hope he’s wearing an Indiana Basketball shirt like TJD had on tonight.

I wish we could see the entire interview. What was said and shared sounds very promising, but was there more? I went to MikeWritesSports and that’s all that is shared. 
The next time I see an interview with KBJ I hope he’s wearing an Indiana Basketball shirt like TJD had on tonight.
Well the excerpt we got all but said "hell yeah I'm joining him at IU".

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app

8 hours ago, ray said:

Have they only played two games? If so, then he’s averaging 35.5 points per game. Not too shabby. 

Last night's game was Brooks' fifth and thus far they are undefeated.  He's had 2 40-pt games, a 31-pt and a 23-pt. game.  Individual stats were never posted for the other game which was a 108-35 blowout so I doubt he played that many minutes.

Where would we rank if we were to get Keion? Currently 37, could jump into top ten by common sense predictions but not sure. I am not concerned about where we rank but like to see.

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app

Using the class calculator, it puts us at 13th

1 minute ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

Admittedly haven’t looked, but there would be 12 classes better than ours after adding KB?? Who else has two five stars already locked up?

With those rankings class size matters too.  With Brooks we'd only have 3, even if it's 2 5*s and a 4*.

3 minutes ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

Admittedly haven’t looked, but there would be 12 classes better than ours after adding KB?? Who else has two five stars already locked up?

Arizona, USC, Villanova, UK, Florida  have multiple 5 stars. 

5 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

With those rankings class size matters too.  With Brooks we'd only have 3, even if it's 2 5*s and a 4*.

Yeah, I went and looked. I guess I don’t really understand the logic there. Example Michigan is ranked higher than us with two 4 star guys. Wouldn’t one five star and one four star be better than that?? Size shouldn’t matter either really. I mean, would you rather have two five star guys or 4 three star guys? I think quality is more impactful than quantity. 

Edited by JerryYeagley23

6 minutes ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

Yeah, I went and looked. I guess I don’t really understand the logic there. Example Michigan is ranked higher than us with two 4 star guys. Wouldn’t one five star and one four star be better than that?? Size shouldn’t matter either really. I mean, would you rather have two five star guys or 4 three star guys? I think quality is more imp trike than quantity. 

I've long had this opinion. It's part of the reason Crean was thought of as such a great recruiter. We had huge turnover and large classes.

It also fueled the whole "you can win championships without great recruiting ala Villanova." Villanova always recruited quality players but also had small class sizes.