Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SF Keion Brooks Jr. to Kentucky

12 hours ago, Dalton26 said:

The thing I noticed most in that article is Brooks mention of “I could be there for 4 years”. I don’t see him being a 4 year player, but the fact that’s on his mind makes me think he won’t just be a one and done.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

The “feels like home to me” and “I’m a skinny dude who needs Cliff Marshall (paraphrased)” comments excited me the most. I did like that he’s not so caught up in one-and-done, which would make me think UK might be more heavily on his mind. 

His scoring and rebounding this season is exciting. He’s not playing against chump schools either. 

6 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

I think we win at Duke!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

And become the first non conference  team in almost plural form of decade?  Please, share with me how you think we match up against the monsters they have. I hope you’re right, and I never count IU out, especially against the Goliaths each year (we always play up to those teams), but I’m only curious. I watched the Romeo vs Zion matchup again and I think Romeo and crew will walk in with a serious effort. I hope they can pull off a major upset...and they are due for a loss, but I think they lose at some point or a couple points and win out this year. They’re just too freaking freakish. 

With that said, how incredible would that be if they do knock them off in Cameron? It would create the need for another “IU IS BACK” video under a new coach like the UK upset announcement. But, in this case, it would be IU knocking off Duke in their house when they’re incredibly gifted (yet young) and it would send a message to future IU recruits that Archie officially stamped his name as IU’s long-term future coach. A young Coach K had to do the same, and look how long his tenure has lasted. 

I’ve mentioned several times the Duke game is super scary because they’ll either keep it close and not lose in the closing minutes as we saw last, or they could also be blown out. I think their defense thus far is a testament that they won’t back down, but under manned and injured, I would like to know how you match them up. I want some of your positivity going into that game. Take your time...we have some more time to watch both before I’ll need your breakdown on how we pull that off. 

It would be epic and send out the warning signals to the nation if it happens...and not just this year. To have a storied program come back to dominance with the fear they’re going nowhere else anytime soon would be great for us fans and for college basketball. So, I hope you’re right. I have belief...will never count them out...but Duke is beastly this year more than ever before. 

Edited by ray

And become the first team in almost plural form of decade?  Please, share with me how you think we match up against the monsters they have. I hope you’re right, and I never count IU out, especially against the Goliaths each year (we always play up to those teams), but I’m only curious. I watched the Romeo vs Zion matchup again and I think Romeo and crew will walk in with a serious effort. I hope they can pull off a major upset...and they are due for a loss, but I think they lose at some point or a couple points and win out this year. They’re just too freaking freakish. 
With that said, how incredible would that be if they do knock them off in Cameron? It would create the need for another “IU IS BACK” video under a new coach like the UK upset announcement. But, in this case, it would be IU knocking off Duke in their house when they’re incredibly gifted (yet young) and it would send a message to future IU recruits that Archie officially stamped his name as IU’s long-term future coach. A young Coach K had to do the same, and look how long his tenure has lasted. 
I’ve mentioned several times the Duke game is super scary because they’ll either keep it close and not lose in the closing minutes as we saw last, or they could also be blown out. I think their defense thus far is a testament that they won’t back down, but under manned and injured, I would like to know how you match them up. I want some of your positivity going into that game. Take your time...we have some more time to watch both before I’ll need your breakdown on how we pull that off. 
It would be epic and send out the warning signals to the nation if it happens...and not just this year. To have a storied program come back to dominance with the fear they’re going nowhere else anytime soon would be great for us fans and for college basketball. So, I hope you’re right. I have belief...will never count them out...but Duke is beastly this year more than ever before. 
We thought that in 2012-2013 also and it didn't sustain itself. I do think Archie's system is way more sustainable though. Just not sure I'd be ready to jump in head first.....again. For this year it would be huge and swing a spotlight on IU whether that's good or bad who knows. I also think Duke may be slightly over hyped. We'll see

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app

6 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

We thought that in 2012-2013 also and it didn't sustain itself. I do think Archie's system is way more sustainable though. Just not sure I'd be ready to jump in head first.....again. For this year it would be huge and swing a spotlight on IU whether that's good or bad who knows. I also think Duke may be slightly over hyped. We'll see

The fact it’s happening in year 2 instead of year 5 shows how superior the system is. 

2 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

We thought that, and looked what happened. They kept Crean longer than necessary because he did in fact make that stamp. I agree it’s way too early, but it would still make the same stamp Crean did with IU’s upset of UK, but maybe much more so because it would be at Cameron. And, who doesn’t want another IU is back rap video?

And I hope you’re right about Duke being overhyped. I don’t believe you (not yet anyway), but I hope you’re right. They have a three-headed monster and then plenty of additional monster-like heads (Are those additional heads detached? Yes, but they are still ugly heads showing their selves).

The fact it’s happening in year 2 instead of year 5 shows how superior the system is. 
I'm just as excited as the next guy but in reality nothing has happened yet besides beating a borderline top 25 team. Let's let this play out a bit before we declare this season a success.

2 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

I'm just as excited as the next guy but in reality nothing has happened yet besides beating a borderline top 25 team. Let's let this play out a bit before we declare this season a success.

I wasn’t declaring the season a success. If we beat Arkansas (scary road test after a good win) and then knock off some “cupcakes” before beating Duke at Cameron, then I’ll have much more positivity (for this season). As for Archie’s tenure, I was only stating it would place a significant stamp on it if he did walk into Cameron undefeated and walk out the same way. And, even if he doesn’t, I still think he lasts (so, I agree).

Hearing any noise in the fort?

Nothing notably new. I’ve heard positives towards MSU, IU, and Kentucky in the past.

My mind has stuck on the talk I had with one of his AAU teammates saying he thinks it’ll be Indiana and Romeo was a big factor in why he thinks so. Not that Romeo will still be there but just the fact that Indiana could land Romeo and it was a huge commitment for the program.

38 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Nothing notably new. I’ve heard positives towards MSU, IU, and Kentucky in the past.

My mind has stuck on the talk I had with one of his AAU teammates saying he thinks it’ll be Indiana and Romeo was a big factor in why he thinks so. Not that Romeo will still be there but just the fact that Indiana could land Romeo and it was a huge commitment for the program.

I saw the quote from Brooks’ about a comment Romeo made to him, which can only add value to Brooks’ initial thoughts of how significant wearing Indiana across his chest was...and that it meant more to his future than the game of basketball. That was awesome to read, knowing Romeo is putting things in the ears of other recruits. It will be special if Archie corrals him and/or TJD into the program. I’m hopeful.

And become the first team in almost plural form of decade?  Please, share with me how you think we match up against the monsters they have. I hope you’re right, and I never count IU out, especially against the Goliaths each year (we always play up to those teams), but I’m only curious. I watched the Romeo vs Zion matchup again and I think Romeo and crew will walk in with a serious effort. I hope they can pull off a major upset...and they are due for a loss, but I think they lose at some point or a couple points and win out this year. They’re just too freaking freakish. 

I think many of us are still carrying the defeatist mindset that Crean beat into us for nearly a decade. We learned not to get too excited or be too confident because he would always let us down in the end.

It’s going to take winning and repetition to get over that but I think this season will be the start of that. From this season on we will not mark L’s on our schedules before games are played. We won’t go into games feeling like we are the big underdog that has little chance. Well coached teams that play together and play with heart are always going to have a fighting chance and I believe Archie is already instilling that.

Now onto the Duke game, I think had they not wiped the floor with THE laziest and most undisciplined Kentucky teams I’ve seen in a long long time I don’t think people would be crowing them like they are. They beat up on a team that played zero defense and let Duke run all over them. That will not happen to IU. While talented as can be, this Duke team has little experience and has not been tested at all. They haven’t faced a minute of adversity nor had to play odd lineups or more than 8 guys due to foul trouble that will inevitably happen at some point and I believe it to happen against Indiana.

We may not win but I think we have a great shot as we will be the first team with some talent they face that plays team defense and forces them to play in the half court.

They play with 1 guard and little guard depth off the bench and I think Romeo and Phinisee are as good or better than him. They have little depth at guard so if Jones gets tired or in foul trouble it is going to throw off their flow a ton and Romeo and Phinisee have drawn a lot of fouls thus far.

I also believe that Morgan has been sitting back and playing the team first game vs “getting his” or he would be averaging 20+ right now. He is as good or better a college player as anyone on the Duke roster and he will show it in that game. He needs to stay on the court and out of foul trouble and if he does he will fill up the boxscore.

Stay out of early foul trouble and we will be right there with them and I think Morgan will be the difference maker down the stretch to close it out much like he did against Notre Dame last year

2 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

I think many of us are still carrying the defeatist mindset that Crean beat into us for nearly a decade. We learned not to get too excited or be too confident because he would always let us down in the end.

It’s going to take winning and repetition to get over that but I think this season will be the start of that. From this season on we will not mark L’s on our schedules before games are played. We won’t go into games feeling like we are the big underdog that has little chance. Well coached teams that play together and play with heart are always going to have a fighting chance and I believe Archie is already instilling that.

Now onto the Duke game, I think had they not wiped the floor with THE laziest and most undisciplined Kentucky teams I’ve seen in a long long time I don’t think people would be crowing them like they are. They beat up on a team that played zero defense and let Duke run all over them. That will not happen to IU. While talented as can be, this Duke team has little experience and has not been tested at all. They haven’t faced a minute of adversity nor had to play odd lineups or more than 8 guys due to foul trouble that will inevitably happen at some point and I believe it to happen against Indiana.

We may not win but I think we have a great shot as we will be the first team with some talent they face that plays team defense and forces them to play in the half court.

They play with 1 guard and little guard depth off the bench and I think Romeo and Phinisee are as good or better than him. They have little depth at guard so if Jones gets tired or in foul trouble it is going to throw off their flow a ton and Romeo and Phinisee have drawn a lot of fouls thus far.

I also believe that Morgan has been sitting back and playing the team first game vs “getting his” or he would be averaging 20+ right now. He is as good or better a college player as anyone on the Duke roster and he will show it in that game. He needs to stay on the court and out of foul trouble and if he does he will fill up the boxscore.

Stay out of early foul trouble and we will be right there with them and I think Morgan will be the difference maker down the stretch to close it out much like he did against Notre Dame last year

I completely agree. IU plays with so much intensity with Archie as the head coach. We’ve seen the change in mindset and philosophy of the program. One can tell that those kids love playing for him. IU will give Duke all they want

This is awesome and so fun to watch happening. You can't overlook the impact our freshman starting backcourt has had. Romeo looking every bit of the hype that he came with, and Rob looking like a big time 4 year point guard that you know will be doing a lot of winning. Guys want to hop on board while they still can. MSU has been our closest competitor here so you have to feel like this is coming to a close soon. Once this happens I wonder if TJD soon follows or if it has no impact on his timing? Either way we 'bout to party up in here folks!

I'm not a Crean apologist, but It was never going to happen in yr 2 under Crean. The cupboard was too bare to start his tenure. When the leading scorer in yr 1 was a walkon.

Having said that, Crean was here at least 2 to 3 yrs too long. Archie was a great hire and we are headed back to the promised land.

I apologize for hijacking this thread.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

IU will be in foul trouble in Cameron, book it. 
If we do land Brooks and Jackson-Davis who starts?!  Rob-Brooks-Hunter-Smith-Jackson Davis would be a really solid group with 2-4 all being versatile with a big and true point.  That's the lineup of modern day basketball!

Deep as hell!

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

If we do land Brooks and Jackson-Davis who starts?!  Rob-Brooks-Hunter-Smith-Jackson Davis would be a really solid group with 2-4 all being versatile with a big and true point.  That's the lineup of modern day basketball!

I think it is certainly a possibility that we could be but we are used to playing deeper than they are so if we can equally get them in foul trouble I think it messes them up more than us

37 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Probably Rob, Al, Brooks, Smith and TJD. 

With hunter being sixth man