Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SF Keion Brooks Jr. to Kentucky

4 hours ago, 323SGrant said:

Yep. I remember Knight screaming at Lawson during a timeout and unfortunately soon after Lawson left the team.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I wonder if that's the game when he was really riding Lawson and at one point yelled "Damn it Lawson" so loud the crowd went silent for a moment.

I wonder if that's the game when he was really riding Lawson and at one point yelled "Damn it Lawson" so loud the crowd went silent for a moment.

When I saw Knight screaming at Lawson it was vs. NU. Cheaney and others were consoling him.

Hopefully we can get Brooks to IU.

9 hours ago, Woodson1980 said:
13 hours ago, 323SGrant said:
Yep. I remember Knight screaming at Lawson during a timeout and unfortunately soon after Lawson left the team.

Lawson,soft 7 footer with a 3 foot wingspan.

I remember him having good hands and decent passer, but he couldn’t jump over a piece of paper. Recruiting for Indiana then consisted of maybe Knight watching them once and then an offer. Times have changed with the addition of AAU handlers vs the old days of Sam Gilbert or UK just mailing cash. When Kemp came down for a visit, he asked what he was gonna get. Knight sent him home early.

I remember him having good hands and decent passer, but he couldn’t jump over a piece of paper. Recruiting for Indiana then consisted of maybe Knight watching them once and then an offer. Times have changed with the addition of AAU handlers vs the old days of Sam Gilbert or UK just mailing cash. When Kemp came down for a visit, he asked what he was gonna get. Knight sent him home early.
Chris actually had a pretty good career at Vandy.Seemed like a good kid but I remember my expectations of the next Kent Benson and he was really more of a finesse player.

7 minutes ago, Woodson1980 said:
20 minutes ago, schoosier said:

Chris actually had a pretty good career at Vandy.Seemed like a good kid but I remember my expectations of the next Kent Benson and he was really more of a finesse player.

I think 6'10" and red hair swayed a lot of people that way.

24 minutes ago, schoosier said:

See ya Shawn! Go Gottlieb a necklace at Kentucky.

Good story about Kemp. I hadn’t heard that.

1 hour ago, 323SGrant said:

Good story about Kemp. I hadn’t heard that.

I believe Calloway hosted him right after our last NC. Ricky never made it to the distance and I think he finished up at Kansas. Of course, Kemp didn’t last at UK but I’m sure he was paid handsomely while there. Plus some free jewelry. Similar story as Washburn at NC State.