Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SF Keion Brooks Jr. to Kentucky

I suspect that 15-18 yr old recruits aren't too interested in sexual abuse allegations that don't directly involve them. That isn't intended as a dig  as much as an observation. If they don't believe it will cost Izzo his job, I guess they don't care that much. Look at Louisville. Sure they fired Pitino....but are right back at it pursuing top recruits....who aren't exactly appalled by the cesspool recruiting them. 

Are these kids affected at all by the culture that’s been prevalently reported on at MSU? I remember reading in other threads that Izzo is in agonal breathing as a coach there and the school’s programs are ripe for a collapse, but it sure doesn’t seem that way with their recruiting. I understand Brooks has had a longstanding relationship with them, but now they’re making major strides with TJD. I don’t get it. I realize I’m looking at the situation through a 44 year old lens and not an 18 year old lens, but stuff seems pretty bad at MSU to me.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners
If I was parent of one these recruits considering MSU I would sure be in their ear telling them I'd rather they not go there.

Sent from my LG-K371 using BtownBanners mobile app

14 minutes ago, ebridges24 said:

If I was parent of one these recruits considering MSU I would sure be in their ear telling them I'd rather they not go there.

Sent from my LG-K371 using BtownBanners mobile app

I get that but OSU has a major case on their hand right now. Almost every major institution is plagued with some controversy (some obviously worse than others). Not trying to normalize the situation, but for recruits who are only interested in the basketball aspect, nothing else matters. 

I get that but OSU has a major case on their hand right now. Almost every major institution is plagued with some controversy (some obviously worse than others). Not trying to normalize the situation, but for recruits who are only interested in the basketball aspect, nothing else matters. 

Particularly for a student athlete who is aiming to play only one year, I could see them overlooking/not caring about these issues.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, HoosierDYT said:

what is the major case with OSU?

I suspect that 15-18 yr old recruits aren't too interested in sexual abuse allegations that don't directly involve them. That isn't intended as a dig  as much as an observation. If they don't believe it will cost Izzo his job, I guess they don't care that much. Look at Louisville. Sure they fired Pitino....but are right back at it pursuing top recruits....who aren't exactly appalled by the cesspool recruiting them. 

Don’t entirely disagree, just makes it that much harder to comprehend how hard and far we fell. Just crazy other schools move on from scandal and sanctions and we saw our program hit rock bottom

I hope it isn't too late. There are no guarantees.

Such a powerful statement; honestly. It's insane and enviable to watch all these other programs just "bounce back", and do it quickly. We could have done it, but we simply made the wrong moves, repeatedly. It's quite clear, in hindsight. Davis was a massive, lengthy knee-jerk mistake. Sampson, a dirty band-aid.  And Crean for what felt like 25 years. We have our man, but it certainly feels 20 years too late.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, tortex28 said:

I hope it isn't too late. There are no guarantees.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

I don't believe it's too late but it's definitely been extended by ineptitude! 

12 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Predicted this long ago. Stewart and Brooks together now.

LaLu was a death sentence to Crean. Let’s see if Archie can fair better.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Is there an underlying drama going on at North Side?  Last year there was the apparent rift between the Brooks' family and the coach who has now since moved on to Richmond.  Then there were rumors that Keion's dad was going to be the new head coach and that obviously didn't happen.  

Is there an underlying drama going on at North Side?  Last year there was the apparent rift between the Brooks' family and the coach who has now since moved on to Richmond.  Then there were rumors that Keion's dad was going to be the new head coach and that obviously didn't happen.  

Local media played it up quite a bit. Something was going on but only assumptions of true rift. Will report back as I hear anything.

Local media played it up quite a bit. Something was going on but only assumptions of true rift. Will report back as I hear anything.

What local media? I haven’t seen or heard anything? The only thing I have seen was the article when their open gym opened up recently.

After eight seasons under Shabaz Khaliq's leadership, the North Side boys basketball team has a new man in charge.
Gary Andrews, who led the Saint Francis womens basketball team to a NAIA title, held his first organized team event as the Legends head coach Tuesday night in By Hey Arena.
The new North Side coach believes his team has a lot skills they can use to have a successful season in his debut season as a boys basketball coach.
ADVERTISEMENT

"I think the big thing is we want [the team] to play hard all the time, play as a team, have fun," said Andrews. "We're going to have athleticism and we're going to need to try to use our speed. Use our quickness to be good defensively, get on the break, get down the floor, those are the big things we need to work on."
Andrews inherits a team led by division one recruit Keion Brooks Jr., who believes his new head coach can lead the Legends to state.
"I pride myself on being a winner and i pride myself on winning," said Brooks. "With him having that championship pedigree, we should be like two peas in a pod and be able to get it done."
In addition to having a new head coach, the Legends also have a brand new court at By Hey Arena.