Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SF Keion Brooks Jr. to Kentucky

10 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

I love the “thought it would be (somewhat) easy part” in this article. That’s ridiculous. IU was always going to be a player for Keion. And they’re going to get him too

12 hours ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

I wouldn't read too much into this. Ofcourse they are going to say nice things about UK when asked questions about them from a Kentucky reporter. What's clear is they are having to work at it because he likes IU. I expect UK to be on his final list and to consider them. I will be extra happy if he picks IU since it will upset these idiot cat fans. I cannot stand their arrogance matched only by their unbelievable ignorance. For anyone whose never met a cat fan just picture talking to the biggest moron you've ever met whose always talking down to you in a condescending way. The few nice intelligent cats you meet are very much aware of how terrible their fan base is.

7 minutes ago, HoosierMatty said:

I wouldn't read too much into this. Ofcourse they are going to say nice things about UK when asked questions about them from a Kentucky reporter. What's clear is they are having to work at it because he likes IU. I expect UK to be on his final list and to consider them. I will be extra happy if he picks IU since it will upset these idiot cat fans. I cannot stand their arrogance matched only by their unbelievable ignorance. For anyone whose never met a cat fan just picture talking to the biggest moron you've ever met whose always talking down to you in a condescending way. The few nice intelligent cats you meet are very much aware of how terrible their fan base is.

It wont upset them. No other fanbase is worse about doing the whole “he sucks didnt want him anyway”. 

1 hour ago, HoosierMatty said:

Redundancy for emphasis?  If they weren't idiots they wouldn't be pUKe fans in the first place.

5 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

Redundancy for emphasis?  If they weren't idiots they wouldn't be pUKe fans in the first place.

Lol. Well there are some UK fans who are alright and actually understand basketball. They typically finished high school and have a college degree. They are rare but they exist. Let's just say probably less than 1 percent of their total fanbase.

46 minutes ago, HoosierMatty said:

Lol. Well there are some UK fans who are alright and actually understand basketball. They typically finished high school and have a college degree. They are rare but they exist. Let's just say probably less than 1 percent of their total fanbase.

The only ones I know aren't from Kentucky, so they lack the inbreeding of the ones south of the river.  Being pUKe fans, I reserve the right to still call them idiots.

It wont upset them. No other fanbase is worse about doing the whole “he sucks didnt want him anyway”. 

To their credit, their backup options end up being 5 stars or high 4 stars. They can puff the chest about recruiting, no doubt. They owned recruiting for years, now Duke is the top of the heap. Better Duke than UK but only slightly.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, HoosierDYT said:

https://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf/2018/07/five-star_forward_keion_brooks.html

Says Brooks plans to cut list down to 5 next month. Officials include: Indiana, Michigan State, Kentucky, UCLA and North Carolina with a few possible unofficial visits. Also says TJD is planning a visit to MSU.  

Ugh I freaking hate Izzo

Are these kids affected at all by the culture that’s been prevalently reported on at MSU? I remember reading in other threads that Izzo is in agonal breathing as a coach there and the school’s programs are ripe for a collapse, but it sure doesn’t seem that way with their recruiting. I understand Brooks has had a longstanding relationship with them, but now they’re making major strides with TJD. I don’t get it. I realize I’m looking at the situation through a 44 year old lens and not an 18 year old lens, but stuff seems pretty bad at MSU to me.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I don’t know that MSU has been making major strides with TJD. They have been recruiting him hard for awhile and he has already visited there once.

My question had more to do with the culture aspect and the effect it might have on these kids. I’m sure they had a relationship with TJD, as they should have. I was more wondering about getting the OVs scheduled and the sustained interest by the recruits. I also wonder about the parents’ influence. If I had a kid that was considering MSU, especially as an athlete, I would sit and have a long conversation about “guilt by association” and being part of a decaying culture.
I also realize my question is rhetorical. Without diving into the particular kid’s psyche and swimming around a little we won’t know what drives him or is attractive to him.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app