Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SF Keion Brooks Jr. to Kentucky

1 hour ago, Fkfootball1 said:

I don't know if we are locking down the borders but at the very least we are slowing down the hemorraging.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

This. Locking down the borders means to not let the best players go elsewhere. There’s going to be in-state players that go out of state. But as long as IU gets the best players on a consistent basis, that’s the point. Some of you need to stop being so hypocritical

58 minutes ago, jbell833 said:

I've heard that MSU has lost some steam with Brooks and as of right now Kensucky and UNC are at the top and recruiting the hardest for him.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

2 of my most hated throw in Duke. I’m not saying anything is not above board certified AAU team worthy. But when it comes to non academic, cash payments, point shaving history of these 2 schools; these are the all time best cheaters. 

59 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

Kentucky has picked up a couple crystal balls over the last few days.

So the CatsPause guy picks Kentucky (always does) and then a guy that is new piggybacks.  As much as I feel it will be UK in the end I put little faith in the crystal ball for this one.  I also feel UNC will be a player in the end as well.  Not IU for me on him.

While I prefer instate talent when we can get it, I also understand that not all instate talent is equal. Fit is more important than location. The players already on the roster will impact whether or not a kid wants to play at IU. Like it or not, and I mostly don't, it's a national game now and the state school isn't always the most appealing. I love that CAM is committed to looking close to home first, but "locking down the state" is an unrealistic fantasy.

10 hours ago, cthomas said:

While I prefer instate talent when we can get it, I also understand that not all instate talent is equal. Fit is more important than location. The players already on the roster will impact whether or not a kid wants to play at IU. Like it or not, and I mostly don't, it's a national game now and the state school isn't always the most appealing. I love that CAM is committed to looking close to home first, but "locking down the state" is an unrealistic fantasy.

Yes, Archie is trying to build a team not just collecting talent and thanks to the way he has built things so far Brooks is a luxury(though one I would definitely prefer to have) not a necessity. Archie will land talented players that fit, where they come from is far down the list of importance. "Locking down the state" was an unrealistic fantasy back when recruiting was mostly regional, in the current state of recruiting it borders on lunacy. I'm confident Archie will land the lion's share of those homegrown kids he prioritizes but he will certainly lose some and many more simply won't be good fits. 

10 hours ago, HoosierSadaseci said:

I understand that Archie won't always get the top Indiana talent no matter how hard he recruits them, but losing in-state kids to Kentucky would be very disappointing.

I would much rather lose them to schools like Kentucky or Duke. We're just not on that level yet, so if a kid picks them then we know why.. What really sucks is when we lose them to schools at our level or below. That's when I start wondering what's wrong with IU.

Paul Scruggs to Xavier sucked. Kris Wilkes to UCLA sucked. Romeo to Vandy would have sucked. If Brooks goes to Kentucky it would still suck, but I wouldn't be as upset about it. 

Hey, I want to get the best Indiana high school players but sometimes the grass really is greener on the other side of the stateline.

1975-76 season

1976.jpg
Record: 32-0
Big Ten record, finish: 18-0, first
Coach: Bob Knight
Avg. score, all games: IU 82.13, Opponent 64.81
Postseason: Won NCAA Tournament
#
Position

Name
Hometown
Class