Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SF Keion Brooks Jr. to Kentucky

11 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

The players and families might check this site out but they should also know this is the more radical side of the fanbase.  Btown Banners analyzes EVERYTHING, beats it up, and then analyzes it a 12th, 13th, and 14th time.  He might not like that fans prefer Watford over him but that is part of the recruiting process, not just from fan forums but for coaching staffs too.

If Brooks decided to play for the Hoosiers and announced tomorrow this fanbase would be ecstatic.  They would break his game down 7 ways from Sunday and how he would fit on the 2019-2020 team.  I believe Vic said it best..

I promise, if you win here in Indiana, they’ll embrace you like no other.

Love that quote!

17 hours ago, RealIU said:

Correct!! If he was to verbal at the moment, I sorry to say it wouldn’t be IU!! It’s best to let this thing play out with him. There are several factors happening in College basketball that could affect his decision!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

So would you say that MSU leads but several factors that need to play out would be will Izzo have a job next season? 

17 hours ago, Hoosier Guy said:

If it truly comes down to either Watford or Brooks, I want Watford

Brooks for me along with TDJ if we only get 2 wings. Brooks is a special talent I would take over any other in his class. Hopefully get Carton at pg to go along for 3 man class.

Brooks is about to blow up this summer. If he keeps his foot on the gas, he could end up top 15 range. I will gladly take either Watford or Brooks and honestly don’t think it’s an either or situation. Brooks is way more of a 3 and Watford is more of a 4/3. Hell we could probably be just fine with those two and TJD on the court at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

1 hour ago, Me So Hornsby said:

Brooks is about to blow up this summer. If he keeps his foot on the gas, he could end up top 15 range. I will gladly take either Watford or Brooks and honestly don’t think it’s an either or situation. Brooks is way more of a 3 and Watford is more of a 4/3. Hell we could probably be just fine with those two and TJD on the court at the same time.

If they fill different roles I'd be fine with that.

Not sure what the rules are for posting from other boards, but I had this sent to me from someone on the SpartanMag board....

Versatile Brooks excelling in EYBL, talks MSU and Izzo

image.thumb.png.74f139ac39f6c25a67e1adcd86686349.png
Jordan Wells/TheHoosier.com
Brad Kellner
SpartanMag.com
Brad Kellner is a staff member and analyst for Texas Top 100 and covered the EYBL event for SpartanMag.com.

Brooks is ranked the No. 35 player in the nation by Rivals.com.

DALLAS - Michigan State recruiting target

Keion Brooks
, a four-star forward from Fort Wayne (Ind.) North Side High School, absolutely stole the show for the Indy Heat at EYBL Session One last weekend, with many of his successes taking place while Spartan head coach Tom Izzo watched.

With his combination of size and skill, Brooks poses a matchup problem for opposing defenses. He can handle the rock as well

as a lot of point guards and his 6-foot-7 frame makes him dangerous on the low block.

He’s one of those “too big to be guarded by a guard and too quick to be guarded by a big” type of players. Brooks was able to get it done both down low and on the perimeter throughout the weekend. Over the four games, Brooks made 12-of-19 from 3-point range (63.2%!) and was able to get to the foul line 37 times (24-37).

In his team’s most anticipated matchup of the weekend, Brooks delivered, going for 30 points, seven rebounds, three assists, two blocks and two steals in an 83-68 win over Nike Team Florida, which features the likes of fellow five-star prospects

Vernon Carey
and
Scottie Barnes

Offensively, Brooks just finds ways to make things happen. He averaged 21 points per game while playing less than 16 minutes per contest. He also averaged 2.5 assists over the course of the weekend and had countless hockey assists to go with it.

Despite not being a traditional point guard, his Indy Heat teammates would often let him dribble the ball up the floor and control the offense.

Brooks has a great feel for the game and his instincts really showed on that side of the floor. He and fellow five-star Michigan State prospect

Trayce Jackson-Davis
had a great two-man game going throughout the weekend, as well. This kid has the potential to be a star at the next level.

Defensively, Brooks was tied with Jackson-Davis for the team lead in blocks with five over the four games. He was second on the team in rebounding (to Jackson-Davis) and also averaged about a steal per contest. Brooks was all over the floor and was flying to the ball while

on defense.

Plenty of prominent coaches (including Izzo) were around for all of his team’s games. Recently, Brooks has had in-home visits with Izzo, Archie Miller of Indiana, Patrick Ewingof Georgetown and John Calipari of Kentucky.

The following comes from a postgame interview with Keion following his team’s 80-49 Friday night victory over Nike Phamily:

Q: Do you feel like you have a position at the next level? You remind me of a Ben Simmons-type point forward. Is that someone you model your game after?

A: Yeah of course. I like watching guys like Ben Simmons, Paul George, even LeBron. Just how they are bigger guys but are able to handle the ball with the best of them. So I just feel like if I can kind of steal from their game and put it into mine I can be very hard to guard and just be a very good value to my team.

Q: What’s it like playing in front of big-time Division I basketball coaches? Does that add any extra pressure to you?

A: To be honest, this year, not at all. Last year I was kind of star-struck at times. Bill Self here, Coach K there. But now it’s just playing basketball and trying to get a win.

Q: Did you notice anybody out there tonight?

A: Not at all.

Q: For you personally, do you get more of a kick out of making a great defensive play or do you enjoy putting the ball in the basket a little bit more?

A: I enjoy doing whatever I can to help my team win. That play where I pinned the ball against the backboard, I turned it over so I had to hustle back and try to make it up on the defensive end. I enjoy doing whatever I can to help my teammates and help myself

be successful on the floor.

Q: What are your thoughts on Tom Izzo and what is it like having him come out to your games?

A: It means a lot because he’s been recruiting me for about three years now. He’s just continually pushing to build a relationship with me. He’s not slowing down. He’s not backing off. He’s coming with a full head of steam to try to get me to be a Spartan dog.

Q: What has Kentucky’s central message been?

A: Coach Cal’s message has been “Kentucky isn’t for everybody.” He felt like I have an edge about myself, feels like I can go in there and succeed and the way I’m able to play all over the floor he felt like I can play multiple positions and compete for a national

championship at Kentucky.”

Unless something happens to Izzo and MSU with the Nasser fall out and NCAA stuff I think MSU is in the lead with IU still having to try and catch up. If Kansas gets more involved I could possibly see that too, but I do not think Kentucky is an ultimate destination for KBJr.

Just my opinion based on what I read and hear around the Fort Wayne area fwiw.

Unless something happens to Izzo and MSU with the Nasser fall out and NCAA stuff I think MSU is in the lead with IU still having to try and catch up. If Kansas gets more involved I could possibly see that too, but I do not think Kentucky is an ultimate destination for KBJr.
Just my opinion based on what I read and hear around the Fort Wayne area fwiw.

I live around here too and have always been told he wants UK to be involved.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Might as well have them and everyone else involved. The more the merrier. He deserves to enjoy the courting process. But between his early relationship with MSU and his statements since Miller arrived and about playing for his state and his dads relationship with Schilling, I would be pretty surprised if he ended up at Kentucky or anywhere else.

Just my opinion.

Back in the day UK always concerned me since they’ve always cheated. Rupp’s players shaved points, JB Halls were paid, and you know Calipari’s past transgressions at UMass & Memphis. He’s gonna get his share of 5 stars. I only hope Archie can reduce the number of Hoosiers who suit up for UK starting with Brooks.

4 different experts weighed in on their picks for top performers in the 2nd evaluation period.

BRIAN SNOW

Keion Brooks, SF/PF, Indy Heat

It was another weekend and another dominant performance from Books. The athletic and skilled combo forward showed off his incredible scoring ability along with his versatility while dominating for Indy Heat. Brooks can score from all three levels on the court, actually locked up on the defensive end, and also was a competitor on every single possession. The natural talent has always been there, and for the second weekend in a row it shined through due to his unique combination of skill and athleticism. Quite simply there might not be a player playing better right now in the country than Brooks.

Recruiting: Indiana, Michigan State, Kentucky, Purdue, North Carolina, UCLA, Michigan, Ohio State

This is awesome for him. There were many times he would get lost during high school games. He has been absolutely dominant. Maybe the prep route might not be a bad thing.

On 4/27/2018 at 11:43 AM, JMett94 said:

Not sure what the rules are for posting from other boards, but I had this sent to me from someone on the SpartanMag board....

Versatile Brooks excelling in EYBL, talks MSU and Izzo

image.thumb.png.74f139ac39f6c25a67e1adcd86686349.png
Jordan Wells/TheHoosier.com
Brad Kellner
SpartanMag.com
Brad Kellner is a staff member and analyst for Texas Top 100 and covered the EYBL event for SpartanMag.com.

Brooks is ranked the No. 35 player in the nation by Rivals.com.

DALLAS - Michigan State recruiting target

Keion Brooks
, a four-star forward from Fort Wayne (Ind.) North Side High School, absolutely stole the show for the Indy Heat at EYBL Session One last weekend, with many of his successes taking place while Spartan head coach Tom Izzo watched.

With his combination of size and skill, Brooks poses a matchup problem for opposing defenses. He can handle the rock as well

as a lot of point guards and his 6-foot-7 frame makes him dangerous on the low block.

He’s one of those “too big to be guarded by a guard and too quick to be guarded by a big” type of players. Brooks was able to get it done both down low and on the perimeter throughout the weekend. Over the four games, Brooks made 12-of-19 from 3-point range (63.2%!) and was able to get to the foul line 37 times (24-37).

In his team’s most anticipated matchup of the weekend, Brooks delivered, going for 30 points, seven rebounds, three assists, two blocks and two steals in an 83-68 win over Nike Team Florida, which features the likes of fellow five-star prospects

Vernon Carey
and
Scottie Barnes

Offensively, Brooks just finds ways to make things happen. He averaged 21 points per game while playing less than 16 minutes per contest. He also averaged 2.5 assists over the course of the weekend and had countless hockey assists to go with it.

Despite not being a traditional point guard, his Indy Heat teammates would often let him dribble the ball up the floor and control the offense.

Brooks has a great feel for the game and his instincts really showed on that side of the floor. He and fellow five-star Michigan State prospect

Trayce Jackson-Davis
had a great two-man game going throughout the weekend, as well. This kid has the potential to be a star at the next level.

Defensively, Brooks was tied with Jackson-Davis for the team lead in blocks with five over the four games. He was second on the team in rebounding (to Jackson-Davis) and also averaged about a steal per contest. Brooks was all over the floor and was flying to the ball while

on defense.

Plenty of prominent coaches (including Izzo) were around for all of his team’s games. Recently, Brooks has had in-home visits with Izzo, Archie Miller of Indiana, Patrick Ewingof Georgetown and John Calipari of Kentucky.

The following comes from a postgame interview with Keion following his team’s 80-49 Friday night victory over Nike Phamily:

Q: Do you feel like you have a position at the next level? You remind me of a Ben Simmons-type point forward. Is that someone you model your game after?

A: Yeah of course. I like watching guys like Ben Simmons, Paul George, even LeBron. Just how they are bigger guys but are able to handle the ball with the best of them. So I just feel like if I can kind of steal from their game and put it into mine I can be very hard to guard and just be a very good value to my team.

Q: What’s it like playing in front of big-time Division I basketball coaches? Does that add any extra pressure to you?

A: To be honest, this year, not at all. Last year I was kind of star-struck at times. Bill Self here, Coach K there. But now it’s just playing basketball and trying to get a win.

Q: Did you notice anybody out there tonight?

A: Not at all.

Q: For you personally, do you get more of a kick out of making a great defensive play or do you enjoy putting the ball in the basket a little bit more?

A: I enjoy doing whatever I can to help my team win. That play where I pinned the ball against the backboard, I turned it over so I had to hustle back and try to make it up on the defensive end. I enjoy doing whatever I can to help my teammates and help myself

be successful on the floor.

Q: What are your thoughts on Tom Izzo and what is it like having him come out to your games?

A: It means a lot because he’s been recruiting me for about three years now. He’s just continually pushing to build a relationship with me. He’s not slowing down. He’s not backing off. He’s coming with a full head of steam to try to get me to be a Spartan dog.

Q: What has Kentucky’s central message been?

A: Coach Cal’s message has been “Kentucky isn’t for everybody.” He felt like I have an edge about myself, feels like I can go in there and succeed and the way I’m able to play all over the floor he felt like I can play multiple positions and compete for a national

championship at Kentucky.”

This mentions him being a point forward, is he really that good of a ball handler??

On 4/27/2018 at 4:52 PM, schoosier said:

Back in the day UK always concerned me since they’ve always cheated. Rupp’s players shaved points, JB Halls were paid, and you know Calipari’s past transgressions at UMass & Memphis. He’s gonna get his share of 5 stars. I only hope Archie can reduce the number of Hoosiers who suit up for UK starting with Brooks.

I remember how much Knight despised Joe B because of his cheating. 

2 hours ago, ebridges24 said:

This mentions him being a point forward, is he really that good of a ball handler??

Unlikely to happen other than certain situations depending on matchups or certain offensive sets imo but who knows.