Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SF Keion Brooks Jr. to Kentucky

I guess a lot will depend on how long they project to be at IU. Indiana kid vs. legacy recruit.

Regardless, it'll be interesting to see how they are integrated. When they're freshman we should have Smith (JR), Moore (JR), Thompson (RS SO), Forrester (SO), Hunter (SO), and whoever else battling for time in the front court or as big wings. Taking the lesser rated player that would be willing to wait and develop could be the right move.

I would take either whenever they wanted to commit though.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app
Nope! Take the best players available that are Archie's type of players and want to play for IU.

Sent from my SM-G930P using BtownBanners mobile app

4 hours ago, RealIU said:

Wow, maybe we shouldn’t worry about the short my boy wearing and just stick to how good his kid is!!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

You missed the point. I wasn't worrying or judging his dad on his shirt. I have met Keion and his dad and they are great people. He went to North Side as did I and his son does now. Their colors are Red and White. It was meant as it would be cool if he was wearing NS colors which coincidentally are IU colors and a little local humor against the other local high school Northrop Bruins. Did you go to Northrop? Never mind. I will just take it as it was not funny. My fault. 

1 hour ago, InArchWeTrust said:

This definitely shows his range to my surprise. If he commits I’m sure we would advise him to help put on a little bulk. I hope we get him.

52 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

Brooks is still wide open. This recruitment is going to take awhile. The way he played this weekend is going to draw even more interest across the country.

Brooks might not have a while to decide...

12 minutes ago, Hollywood Mike Miranda said:

How do you know his recruitment is still wide open?

Brian Snow reported that Brooks is calling schools telling them he is wide open and start recruiting him

9 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Did Brooks really play that well this weekend?

He looked dominating to me on both sides of the ball. Just the video's and reading about him. He plays above the rim on defense and knocked down jumpers.

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

He looked dominating to me on both sides of the ball. Just the video's and reading about him. He plays above the rim on defense and knocked down jumpers.

I guess. But still hit 49% of his shot. Didn't hit his FTs and had a lot of turnovers. 

Not saying he's not a great player but really don't see how this changes his stock substantially. 

19 minutes ago, HooHooHoo22 said:

Brooks could be upset that IU is going after Watford hard all of a sudden. They play very similar correct ??

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Perhaps, but if so there's nothing stopping him from committing to us now.