Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SF Keion Brooks Jr. to Kentucky

I doubt (hope) that our crazy fan base had any effect on Brooks' decision, but this is shameful. ... Good luck to Keion at UK. 

The guy is a lousiville fan. Either way some people should not be allowed on twitter.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

People around this area think opposite. He was thinking IU until he saw us lose and saw our “true colors”. Imo IU, UK, and KU are the most vocal fans with negativity when it comes to this stuff. I know a lot of our fans try and justify our stupidity and act like it doesn’t have an effect on recruits but that is wrong. Our holier than thou attitudes along with our constant negativity had an effect. Maybe we deserve to be fired as much as Glass, because us a group of fans have sucked this year just as bad. They see this. It’s easy to see how it will be when things aren’t going good. At the time UK ramped up their efforts it was all sunshine and unicorns. They wouldn’t have been any better if they were in our situation, but they are not. They are in a solid spot.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app
UK fans are worse than iu fans. He will get a taste of that at some point if they drop a few games

10 hours ago, Joe DeLow said:

The sunshine and unicorns of this board thought Grant Gelon would contribute his freshman year. The same thing is constantly said over and over again every year about every recruit. If you think not getting dog Keion is fine because we got Franklin, you’re in denial of what this team needs and how much better Keion would have made us. Difference between 20 wins and 15. NIT at best for yet another season.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I never saw one person who thought Gelon would contribute as a freshman.    That said, your overall point is correct.  Fans expect freshmen to step on campus and play like college players; and that happens far less frequently than not.   It's why teams that have seniors (without a roster of one and done's) generally do well.  

Who has said not getting Keion is fine because we have Franklin?   Are you creating things so you can argue against them?   It's a little surprising that you'd bring up a point that says "how much better Keion would have made us" a season after Romeo....didn't.   

I'll bet you anything you want to bet Indiana wins more than 15 next season.

Why do you think Al has peaked?  I still see a lot of potential growth in ball handling and shooting.  He’s also widely recognized as a hard worker.  

He’s a decent decision maker. Maybe average playmaker. Can hit some shots. He is at his ceiling. He didn’t show anything that would say otherwise. We saw what Phin could be when healthy, which is a PG who can control a game. We even saw what Smith could be when locked in. But Al was just Al. Kind of like how Robert Johnson was. He really didn’t get much better as a player from freshman to senior year. He was steady and good enough. That’s Al. He’s not going to put you over the top, but he’s a good piece to have.

I never saw one person who thought Gelon would contribute as a freshman.    That said, your overall point is correct.  Fans expect freshmen to step on campus and play like college players; and that happens far less frequently than not.   It's why teams that have seniors (without a roster of one and done's) generally do well.  
Who has said not getting Keion is fine because we have Franklin?   Are you creating things so you can argue against them?   It's a little surprising that you'd bring up a point that says "how much better Keion would have made us" a season after Romeo....didn't.   
I'll bet you anything you want to bet Indiana wins more than 15 next season.
The problem is fans always pump up players they have never seen play. IU fans do it alot and its totally unrealistic.

5 hours ago, 8bucks said:

I can’t remember if it was you or another poster who was giving out similar praise for Rob last year. When we missed on Garland that poster said we would be very pleased with Rob even in year 1.

Those were spot on predictions, so if from you hopefully you are right on Franklin.

I was very on Phinisee's side a couple of years ago, so I'd say I was one giving him praise.  I don't know if it was me or someone else you're referring to; but I knew he was  a solid player who would be a terrific college guard.    Franklin will be a solid college player too, in my opinion.   Watching both, I honestly don't know what Romeo can do that Franklin can't.   Romeo may have done it for 4 years; but as a senior?   I'm not sure I would buy Romeo was a better player by any significant margin for that one season.  And Franklin's longer and plays better defense.

33 minutes ago, Bailey7878 said:

The guy is a lousiville fan. Either way some people should not be allowed on twitter.

Yeah. I realized that after I sorta went through the string. But he was just basically responding to an IU fan who was bashing Keion for the way he made his decision. ... Puzzling behavior. 

3 minutes ago, Bailey7878 said:

The problem is fans always pump up players they have never seen play. IU fans do it alot and its totally unrealistic.

Amen to that.   Absolutely 100% agree.   Been true for a long time and I've called a lot of people out for believing that simply because a kid wears "INDIANA" on his jersey, he should be a terrific college player immediately.   I don't know if you know my history or not; but things got very heated on another board because I said :  Tijan Jobe, Bawa Muniru, Mike White, Jessean Gray-Ashley, Ben Allen, and a few others were stiffs and that Crean spends most of his time trying to out think the room.    Lots of guys believed exactly as you said....that players were better than they really were because they were OUR players.   Probably the same people who stalk on Twitter and then  boo kids when they pick other schools.    Embarrassing to say the least.

4 hours ago, ap2345 said:

Exactly! Dakich says it on his show all the time something Brad Stevens said once and that was “who ranks the rankers?” It’s a good question because those guys are wrong a lot.

I'm telling you....Dakich isn't as wrong or as bad as a lot of people seem to think he is.  He calls it like he sees it, and I think his viewpoint and my own are close on a lot of things.    "Experts" don't generally have any more knowledge than fans do.  Some of them have never played competitive sports in their lives, so I KNOW they know less than I do.   There's a lot more to sports than highlight films and things you can measure with a stopwatch, tape, or scale.

The more I look into 2019 recruits, the more confused I am about this decision. UK already has a better ranked SF in Whitney, a better ranked SG in Maxey, a committed SF in Allen, and could definitely land top 5 player and PF McDaniels. This doesn’t even count who could return for Kentucky...

At IU he would’ve competed with a maybe healthy Hunter and Smith.

Just not the smartest decision in my opinion

4 minutes ago, HoosierDYT said:

The more I look into 2019 recruits, the more confused I am about this decision. UK already has a better ranked SF in Whitney, a better ranked SG in Maxey, a committed SF in Allen, and could definitely land top 5 player and PF McDaniels. This doesn’t even count who could return for Kentucky...

He was sold a dream. Cal laid out a very attractive path to the NBA and, Keon and his parents believing in his ability, rolled the dice with UK. I honestly hope it works out for him.

He was sold a dream. Cal laid out a very attractive path to the NBA and, Keon and his parents believing in his ability, rolled the dice with UK. I honestly hope it works out for him.

Yep, and I totally get the appeal. But logically it doesn’t look like the easiest path to the most platting time or star-branding

Its simple.

1. Cal sold him hook line and sinker on being a one and done and getting him to the nba. Basically he bought the sales pitch.
2. He can also compete for a national title at Kentucky.
3. All IU had to offer was playing time.

Do I think he will be a first round pick after one year? No I do not but cal is a world class salesman.

24 minutes ago, HoosierDYT said:

Yep, and I totally get the appeal. But logically it doesn’t look like the easiest path to the most platting time or star-branding

If things had gone well this year I really think he would be at IU. Unfortunately, Cal keeps rolling and producing 1st round picks. I have no doubt Keion's parents believe he will be exactly that after one year. He probably believes it too. 

If things had gone well this year I really think he would be at IU. Unfortunately, Cal keeps rolling and producing 1st round picks. I have no doubt Keion's parents believe he will be exactly that after one year. He probably believes it too. 
Not only that but kentucky missed on several guys they usually get. Brooks would have not even been an option if they got them. Whatever happened to Michigan State I thought they were a major factor.

This sums it up.

I’ve always grown up liking Kentucky," he said last spring. "They always make deep runs into March and they also have a good reputation for putting guys in the league. It’s somewhere I ultimately want to be. If I was to go there, I think Coach Cal could help me fulfill my dreams."

4 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

I doubt (hope) that our crazy fan base had any effect on Brooks' decision, but this is shameful. ... Good luck to Keion at UK. 

Lol, this dude is a hoot. He almost instantly resorted to "I didn't post that, someone else did under my account". Lol, own up to being an idiot wishing injury on a soon to be a college freshman. Some people just should maybe not consider watching sports, since they can't really handle it apparently. 

"Social Experiment"