Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SF Keion Brooks Jr. to Kentucky

I think a lot will change, and I don't even expect Green to BE here, let alone start.   Franklin or Hunter would start over him, anyway; and I think over Smith, too.    I know I'm betting on a healthy Hunter; but....
I'd bet on Phinisee, Franklin, Durham, Hunter, Davis.
Hunter by the way is 6'7" 220.  Morgan as a senior is 6'8" 230.
Green can shoot though and we have no idea on franklin. It is foolish to say he will start. Look at anderson.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

If Franklin is starting, we have bigger problems.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I heard that last year from people about Phinese and then I heard those same people say the reason our season started going down hill was because RP got hurt and missed those games. You never know how things are going to work out

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

6 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

Completely and absolutely disagree.   Have you seen him play?

Franklin will end his career as one of the most favorite players to spend four years Bloomington. If this kid gets solid minutes as a frosh we will be a better basketball team next season. He will push Al without question.  

2 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

Hell froze over tonight.  You and I agree.....except I'm here to tell you, Franklin will play and he will contribute,

You as confident as about Phinisee?

If Franklins shooting keeps improving I believe you. 

1 minute ago, Bailey7878 said:

Green can shoot though and we have no idea on franklin. It is foolish to say he will start. Look at anderson.

Here's where we differ.   I saw Anderson last year and I saw a kid stand around and who I said openly on here wasn't ready.  I said Phinisee would surprise because I saw him several times.   Same with Franklin.   I do have an idea on Franklin because I have seen him and seen him against D1 kids.  You may not have; but it's not foolish at all if you have.

I said it earlier that I'm extremely excited to have Armaan and Trayce on board.  I wanted Trayce far more than Keion until Indiana already had Trayce, then my focus turned to Keion because I thought the chemistry would more easily surface with young players who had experience playing together...coupled with the uncertainty of Jerome Hunter.  And then Keion went on a scoring binge at La Lu and naturally my interest level continued to rise.  However, I always thought Keion was a Kentucky type of recruit (or, at least his dad seemed the type to push his son in the direction of the NBA factory...although, I still think Calipari's success with the NBA has much more to do with the fact kids enrolling at UK are much more ready for the NBA...in other words, I think he's an amazing recruiter and a solid coach, but not the other way around.)  Regardless, it's obvious to us now Keion wanted to be at Kentucky.  He may shine (part of his reasoning for playing at La Lu was to be surrounded by talent he had to battle with and prove himself worthy of playing time).  It's also possible Keion is recruited over in the future and finds less time than he envisions...unless the one and done rules end those trends we often see from Calipari or Keion does land in the NBA after one year.  He would have been almost assured of major playing time at Indiana, but he wanted to go where he felt championships were possible and where the jersey he donned increased his NBA chances (whether his feeling serves him as well as he hopes or not).  He will have to fight for a spot at UK, and I wish him well.  If Jerome Hunter is healthy next year, then he might have been fighting for a spot at Indiana too.  The only thing I know for sure about his playing time is that I won't be watching him play for Kentucky.  I have no desire.  I watch Indiana.  I don't root for other teams, regardless of whether their roster has local kids or not.  Some will follow him, and I think that's great.  I just don't know the kid and he chose not to attend Indiana.  So, with that said, I will sign off of this thread and continue on careless of what happens to him going forward (but I wish him well).
I want to root for players who play for Indiana and take pride in what that means.  If they have lousy seasons, then I will still root for them and feel their pain.  The loyalty of someone like Brooks to UK is absent, unless he grew up a Kentucky fan...and even then, I question where that loyalty truly stems from.  Playing for your home state school isn't for everyone and he made his choice.  I want to focus on the players who have chosen Indiana.  I'm really excited to see how players develop this off-season.  It will be interesting to see what sort of roster turnover happens and what additions might come along.
This whole recruitment process can be disappointing and stressful for me, but I can't imagine what it's like for the coaching staff who devotes so many hours into developing relationships and then seeing a kid elect to go elsewhere.  I would gladly do it, especially for the money they bring home, but it has to be really hard getting close to players and then being shrugged off for someplace they believe is better (especially local players who showed a lot of interest at one time or even throughout the recruitment).  Recruitments like this make me so much more fond of players like Trayce Jackson Davis who seemed so interested in Indiana that all along he had exclusively gathered Crystal Ball picks for Indiana.  And what a relief it is for a player of Trayce Jackson Davis' caliber to quietly elect to enroll at Indiana without all the limelight.  He wanted to be at Indiana.  It wasn't about garnering national attention and dragging things out.  He made his visits, then he decided...and made it public with simplicity and no ego attached.  Those are the players I'm excited about.  And it's an added bonus when players stick around long enough for me to witness their development.

The new generation of "the Davis brothers". I'm with ya. Want to be here then awesome! If not I no longer care. That's what it means for an athlete to choose Indiana. Ask Cody, Eric, Yogi, Thomas and Troy for example. Those guys are marginal/rotational players in the NBA yet this board has threads on them hoping for their success. I mean hell even Hulls, Sheehey, Watford and Zeosloft have threads. Good luck finding that elsewhere. Seriously best of luck. Give me the Hoosiers that choose to be Hoosiers

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

You as confident as about Phinisee?

If Franklins shooting keeps improving I believe you. 

Not quite...but close.  Phinisee has an IQ I could see a long time ago. Franklin started as a 4 and ended as a combo guard, so it's hard to be that confident in his IQ as a guard.  We'll see; but he's freaky long, very athletic, he can guard, and he's git terrific vision.   He's better than his ranking....I'll say that.   He is not the "shooter" Indiana needs, but he can shoot.

1 minute ago, Old Friend said:

Not quite...but close.  Phinisee has an IQ I could see a long time ago. Franklin started as a 4 and ended as a combo guard, so it's hard to be that confident in his IQ as a guard.  We'll see; but he's freaky long, very athletic, he can guard, and he's git terrific vision.   He's better than his ranking....I'll say that.   He is not the "shooter" Indiana needs, but he can shoot.

My mind is boggled at his ranking. The stats like Phinisee defy his ranking 

I'm definitely excited about having TJD and Franklin. Even though we would have obviously welcomed Keion's talent and it would have been nice if he joined us, not getting him is not that big of a deal to me knowing we have the other two in the bag. I know we lose Juwan and most likely Romeo, but having TJD and Armaan join the lineup with a healthy (hopefully) Hunter, we for sure have the potential to be better next year. If Hunter is healthy and can be 100% for the season, i'm probably excited about him the most. If he was available this season we wouldn't have been in the bubble situation we are in. 

3 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

OMG people quit trying to twist everything no matter what into a positive. Some things just suck. 

After reading your posts all day, it seems like you're quite pleased  with the outcome the past 2 days. If you don't see that Archie has the coaching chops, that's fine. When he has his type of players up and down(and healthy) the roster, then we can judge him. If we didn't grab him when we did, some equal or greater would have. Everyone in the basketball community can't be completely wrong.

Perhaps these guys attended the announcement to remind fans around the state there's stars and All Americans that still want to play for IU

https://twitter.com/JeffRabjohns/status/1106761134760181760?s=19

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

After reading your posts all day, it seems like you're quite pleased  with the outcome the past 2 days. If you don't see that Archie has the coaching chops, that's fine. When he has his type of players up and down(and healthy) the roster, then we can judge him. If we didn't grab him when we did, some equal or greater would have. Everyone in the basketball community can't be completely wrong.

Yeah.....not fair. Brass will state his opinion but he definitely cares about success and is on here day in and day out with his support/criticism. Been a frustrating last few months to say the least. Rather have "I have a question" guys than "yes" men every day of the week. Many, and I mean many, questions need answered in the next 10-12 months.

1 minute ago, rcs29 said:

Yeah.....not fair. Brass will state his opinion but he definitely cares about success and is on here day in and day out with his support/criticism. Been a frustrating last few months to say the least. Rather have "I have a question" guys rather than "yes" men every day of the week. Many, and I mean many, questions need answered in the next 10-12 months.

Is it not fair to give a coach more than a couple of years before people start with the pitchforks. We need more "yes men" on our roster.

Franklin will end his career as one of the most favorite players to spend four years Bloomington. If this kid gets solid minutes as a frosh we will be a better basketball team next season. He will push Al without question.  
Have you watched him alot?

Here's where we differ.   I saw Anderson last year and I saw a kid stand around and who I said openly on here wasn't ready.  I said Phinisee would surprise because I saw him several times.   Same with Franklin.   I do have an idea on Franklin because I have seen him and seen him against D1 kids.  You may not have; but it's not foolish at all if you have.
Good and obviously not you but many said anderson would play alot.