Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SF Keion Brooks Jr. to Kentucky

39 minutes ago, Schreckbagger said:

No one changes channels to watch Guy at VA or Wilkes at UCLA. If Brooks leaves the state, he becomes just another forgotten man in Indiana. I'd rather see a PU commit than KY or MSU.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using BtownBanners mobile app

8 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I don't live in Indiana so maybe your comment doesn't pertain to me, but have you watched Kyle Guy play? He's really good and really fun to watch. 

Also, I think we may be overvaluing the Indiana viewer market.

No one changes channels to watch Guy at VA or Wilkes at UCLA. If Brooks leaves the state, he becomes just another forgotten man in Indiana. I'd rather see a PU commit than KY or MSU.

Not accurate. I know I do as I’m sure there are others that like to keep up with Indiana kids even if they are playing out of state.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Not accurate. I know I do as I’m sure there are others that like to keep up with Indiana kids even if they are playing out of state.

Absolutely I’ve watched UCLA over 20 times this year and Virginia about the same. I’ve watched Dylan Windler and Belmont over 20 times. I guess for me I would have a hard time not wanting to watch good basketball players play just because they didn’t pick the school I like the most. I’m a college basketball fan as a whole. I guess I’m different then most. When IU has bad years that doesn’t ruin the rest of the season for me. Why would I limit watching something I love just because my team is losing?

Absolutely I’ve watched UCLA over 20 times this year and Virginia about the same. I’ve watched Dylan Windler and Belmont over 20 times. I guess for me I would have a hard time not wanting to watch good basketball players play just because they didn’t pick the school I like the most. I’m a college basketball fan as a whole. I guess I’m different then most. When IU has bad years that doesn’t ruin the rest of the season for me. Why would I limit watching something I love just because my team is losing?

I know I don’t technically know you, but you watch the most college basketball if anyone that i ‘know.’ Lol

3 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

How are you able to stomach UCLA 20 times and not want to drink yourself into a coma? I’ve managed 3 times and the combination of their unwatchable play and Bill Walton seemingly always on the call makes me want to walk into traffic every single time. Have yet to make it to the end. 

I know I don’t technically know you, but you watch the most college basketball if anyone that i ‘know.’ Lol

Thank you I take that as a big compliment. College basketball is my passion. I don’t know many others that would voluntarily watch a California/Washington St but I will. I will find games on Facebook if I have to which earlier in the year I watched San Diego St/San Diego on Facebook with Gotlieb and Jeff Goodman doing the game for watch stadium

How are you able to stomach UCLA 20 times and not want to drink yourself into a coma? I’ve managed 3 times and the combination of their unwatchable play and Bill Walton seemingly always on the call makes me want to walk into traffic every single time. Have yet to make it to the end. 

I love Walton on the call. If for some reason he is getting on my nerves I will just switch that game on mute on one of the side TVs. Worst game I’ve watched this year was Virginia Tech/NC State

Can’t wait to watch Keion play regardless of where he ends up

3 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Yup!! This is well said. It's just like watching NFL, NBA or any other sports. Sure there is a ton more teams, but I love watching other programs to use it to compare to IU at the very least. I try to keep up with kids we were in on for a long time too just to see what happened with them.

26 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

I love Walton on the call. If for some reason he is getting on my nerves I will just switch that game on mute on one of the side TVs. Worst game I’ve watched this year was Virginia Tech/NC State

Can’t wait to watch Keion play regardless of where he ends up

Agree I think Walton is great if he is not broadcasting an IU game which never happens. These other guys try to fill time on the air with garbage storylines or if its like a Dickie V they just scream at the tv. Bill just does whatever he wants and I think it is awesome. He plays well with the sarcastic Pasch. 

I barely have enough time to even watch iu let alone another team 20 times. Thats dedecation.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

You, very definitely, are in the minority.... I think most in Indiana would rather get poked in the eye with a sharp stick than watch pUKe play.

1 minute ago, Schreckbagger said:

You, very definitely, are in the minority.... I think most in Indiana would rather get poked in the eye with a sharp stick than watch pUKe play.

count me in the minority as well, although I live in Kentucky.  One thing I've learned is that UK fans ONLY watch SEC/the top 5 teams.  No one else.  So you better watch them at least if you want to have "intelligent" conversations about basketball with them.

count me in the minority as well, although I live in Kentucky.  One thing I've learned is that UK fans ONLY watch SEC/the top 5 teams.  No one else.  So you better watch them at least if you want to have "intelligent" conversations about basketball with them.
Why would I want to discuss anything with pUKes...?? That's not college basketball, with the lean on "college".

Why would I want to discuss anything with pUKes...?? That's not college basketball, with the lean on "college".

I don’t recall saying you would want to. I simply implied that, because I’m a fan of college basketball and enjoy talking about it, have to watch what people down here are watching.

I don’t recall saying you would want to. I simply implied that, because I’m a fan of college basketball and enjoy talking about it, have to watch what people down here are watching.

Sorry if I interpreted it wrong.... usually "you" means the person the communication is directed towards.

I always tune in to a pUKe game if they are losing though. Love to see the look of disappointment on the faces of the fans and Cal.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app