Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SF Keion Brooks Jr. to Kentucky

2 hours ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Kid is pretty good. Honestly thought he was one of the more underrated prospects in this class. 247 and ESPN differ on his ranking quite a bit. Losing him to UK still hurts mainly because I felt IU had him in the bag (and UK fans don't want him). I think the staff did too.  My only issue with his UK choice is Cal brings in obvious one and done talent every year. That isn't Keion. He needs development. These kids will see more minutes than him. That makes it harder for Keion to showcase his talent. Keion would have started day 1 at IU. I was thinking maybe 12pts 5rb as part of his stat line. That is good but not great. I felt he and TJD would both be good in year one and be elite college players in year two-three.

Also-to those who say "well, he saw plenty of time in their tough practices" ask James Young, Harrison Twins, etc how that worked out for them? Nothing beats game experience. 

I didn’t mean to imply that I don’t think he’s good because he absolutely is. I just don’t think he’s a one and done talent and frankly will need to improve quite a bit if he’s going to be drafted period. He’s never been the best player on his HS or AAU teams much less a sure fire one and done. He needs a ton of work in all aspects of his game to realize that potential and he won’t get that at Kentucky. I suspect he’ll see some playing time as a freshman but not enough then get completely recruited over with legit one and dones, see his minutes fade away then transfer somewhere. Again, hope I’m wrong but I haven’t seen anything yet shows me he’s a star with a sure fire NBA career ahead of him. 

The Harrison Twins got plenty of game experience starting two years at Kentucky. They just weren't NBA material, although both played (sparingly) in the league two years. But I agree that Keion Brooks would have gotten considerably more playing at IU than Kentucky. Keon is a very talented player, he will get playing time at Kentucky, and in my opinion is definitely NBA material. Whether he can make it there in one year or two remains to be seen. He won't leave after one if he isn't a high draft pick. Keon would gone to IU if he had decided in the fall.  After a few more months, he and his family came to believe Kentucky was the right choice for him and that's all that matters.  He wanted to be on a team that would be ranked and get in the NCAA tournament.  And, he wanted to play for a proven coach. After IU's performance in the 2018-19 season, he didn't see either at IU. I don't blame him. Time to move on.

Imo this is spot on. It’s a bit sad though.

Had IU had a top 15 type season we would have had Brooks because the Romeo experience would have looked great. As it turned out, the Romeo experience didn’t sell Brooks and family.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Word around the state now is that KBJ is saying that he didn’t actually commit to UK now. Idk how true this is. Take it for what you will
Look what I found on Twitter. I’m not saying this has legs. Just hear say around where I work. That’s all I’m saying

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

IMG_3356.jpg

That would be another KBJ huh? Wow, I almost got excited for a moment lol

I listen to a guy at work say Keion Brooks is possibly leaving and then I see that tweet. Completely forgot about Blackshear. Guy at work probably saw the same tweet last night. These Cayuts fans, ugh!

4 hours ago, yogisballin said:

I listen to a guy at work say Keion Brooks is possibly leaving and then I see that tweet. Completely forgot about Blackshear. Guy at work probably saw the same tweet last night. These Cayuts fans, ugh!

That would definitely be a reason for KBJ (Brooks) to not want to be at pUKe. Another player to gobble up some of those minutes.

31 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

This also might be one of the reasons why Schilling is gone. Brooks to UK. He was brought in to land Brooks since he coached his dad. 

Sitting back and thinking on this. Schilling has been pretty quiet on the recruiting front for the last little while. I could be wrong because I do not follow recruiting like I used to

Just now, yogisballin said:

Sitting back and thinking on this. Schilling has been pretty quiet on the recruiting front for the last little while. I could be wrong because I do not follow recruiting like I used to

I read on a different site that he was the lead recruiter on 0 recruits we have gotten since Archie has been here

Kind of easy to say now but man his shooting needs some work. Small sample size at the line but after Utah Valley tonight he is 2-8 from the FT line. 0-3 from 3pt as well and only getting about 15mpg on an overrated team

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners