Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SF Keion Brooks Jr. to Kentucky

Geez ... hate to beat a dead horse, but looks like UK is about to add Jaden McDaniels, a  skinny 5*, 6'9" small forward.

That leaves McDaniels, Juziang, Sestina, Richards, Whitney, Montgomery, Allen, and Brooks all fighting for the same 3/4/5 minutes. 

Eight players for three spots, and while Keion is very good, I'm not sure he starts the summer with a clear playing time advantage over any of them except Allen. McDaniels, Sestina, and Montgomery would seem to be 20+ mpg guys.

He may end up being a one and done, but it will likely have to be based on 15 mpg at most.

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Geez ... hate to beat a dead horse, but looks like UK is about to add Jaden McDaniels, a  skinny 5*, 6'9" small forward.

That leaves McDaniels, Juziang, Sestina, Richards, Whitney, Montgomery, Allen, and Brooks all fighting for the same 3/4/5 minutes. 

Eight players for three spots, and while Keion is very good, I'm not sure he starts the summer with a clear playing time advantage over any of them except Allen. McDaniels, Sestina, and Montgomery would seem to be 20+ mpg guys.

He may end up being a one and done, but it will likely have to be based on 15 mpg at most.

I posted the same thing last week. Peegs guys claim the Brooks family is okay with it and that momma Brooks talks to McDaniels mom. I don't get who was giving this kid advice. Calipari will just bring in more talented guys next year. He is never going to be the guy at UK. At best their 4th-5th best player. He could have been the man at IU and Michigan State.  Ask Terrence Jones, , Doron Lamb, the Harrison Twins, James Young, etc how their NBA career is going. Being the 4th/5th best player at UK doesn't get you far.. talent like John Wall, DeMarcus Cousins, Anthony Davis, KAT, etc are smart to go to UK. Cal thrives with those kids. Not borderline one and dones..

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Wow. Hopefully the duffel bag was full. Lol

I guess it’s platoon time again.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I saw their fans saying platoon time again. No way is this team that talented. Probably top 5. 

4 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I posted the same thing last week. Peegs guys claim the Brooks family is okay with it and that momma Brooks talks to McDaniels mom. I don't get who was giving this kid advice. Calipari will just bring in more talented guys next year. He is never going to be the guy at UK. At best their 4th-5th best player. He could have been the man at IU and Michigan State. 

They're okay with it until their kid is sitting on the bench during crunch time for multiple games in a row, and other kids are either mucking things up or being interviewed on ESPN, while their kid sits and steams.

That happens at all schools, but it's probably worse when the kid in question is a borderline five star. 

3 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

They're okay with it until their kid is sitting on the bench during crunch time for multiple games in a row, and other kids are either mucking things up or being interviewed on ESPN, while their kid sits and steams.

That happens at all schools, but it's probably worse when the kid in question is a borderline five star. 

Yes!!! I'd like to see their reaction when Keion is playing 15 minutes (if that) a game. And again, Cal will bring in more talented players the following season. He will have the same exact role. See Nick Richards, Wenyen Gabriel, Briscoe, etc. I smell a transfer in the future. 

I figured this would happen if Keion came back for a sophomore year. I'm surprised to see it happening before he even starts his freshman year. Oh well, Kentucky is what he wanted. He's going to get everything Kentucky has to offer, including a coach who isn't afraid to recruit right over you without a second though. 

20 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I wonder if KB Senior uses twitter? Somehow it wouldn't surprise me if some griping tweets popup during the upcoming season.

Wow. Hopefully the duffel bag was full. Lol

I guess it’s platoon time again.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Agreed. Even if he didn’t want IU you gotta think MSU if all things equal wasn’t the best choice.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

15 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

Keion who? Kid made his bed with UK. I'm sure he will have fun playing 2nd fiddle. Now we all know why UK fans were literally tweeting Keion not to come. They also don't know how to spell his name. It's a shame, he could've been special.

He really could have been special. Still can be-look at Charles Matthews. Imagine if a kid like Gary Harris, Yogi or Troy Williams goes to UK. They probably aren't as good of a player as they were at IU or Michigan State.